Let's chat Stormcast Eternals

Requizen

6 hours ago, PJetski said:

It definitely feels like the kind of thing they need to put a limit on, especially going forward as more armies will have PRIESTS in the future.

So a deity can only handle type of prayer in a phase?  I think it doesn't fit the fluff very much.  Plus priests typically don't do anything in your opponents hero phase where a wizard can at least attempt an unbind.

I hope they leave it.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't want to clog up the forum with another post so I thought I'd ask this here:

Got my hands on a copy of the new Skirmish rule book.  Want to start a Vanguard Chamber warband.  I notice that there aren't points for any mounted characters in the book.  Is this some sort of balance issue?  There are plenty of mounted troops, just no heroes.  

I'd like to run a Lord Aquilor but I don't want to ruin the game for the guys I'm playing with.  Any reason why he wasn't included in the rule book?  Also, if it were kosher, what would you reckon would be a good price point for him?  I was think 28-30 points or thereabouts.

3 hours ago, eduboy said:

Simple Question: Is there "must have" weapons for Drakesworn Templar and for LCOSD?

As far as the Templar goes the best weapon is the Stormlance, because it gives you a way to deal with enemy monsters.

Regarding the Celestant on Stardrake the Stormbound Blade is really sub-par so you're kind of stuck with the Celestine Hammer... :)

can someone esplain me the use of the special celestial vindicator rules ?

12 " on the celestial supercharge is great... but you need to be within 6" of your prosecutor to have it aniway... what is the point of it ??

3 hours ago, ledha said:

can someone esplain me the use of the special celestial vindicator rules ?

12 " on the celestial supercharge is great... but you need to be within 6" of your prosecutor to have it aniway... what is the point of it ??

the point is you drop within 6 inches but if you charge and go out of the 6 then you have the +1 wound bonus in the 12 inche bubble

5 hours ago, ledha said:

There is no point, the +1 to wound activate the moment when you drop the unit and keeps going no matter how far the unit goes after that. It is a mistake they made.

so, the only interest of the celestial vindicator is to have a one drop army with a larger hammerstrike ?

anyway, the classic hammerstrike battalion is already so stupidly strong that i'm not really mad, dropping 12" of the prosecutor directly in the ennemy face would have been really, really, really nasty

You do get the bonuses to blades. But it only really makes sense if you only take protector paladins and kit all you libs out with blades. The fact that you have to take wounds to activate it also weakens the advantage of the one drop alpha vs regular hammer/mace combos. 

I looked at it a lot as I wanted a full combat SCE list but the closer you look the less worth it it seems. 

I'm reasonably sure that Prayers will be handled the same way as casting in GHB2, which in my view is no bad thing. I've run 2 X Relictors in my last two tournaments and they have been great for their points. However this is mainly down to them being an 80pt hero with a 3+ rather than their prayers. I've found their original prayers much more useful in game than any of the new ones (let's face it; Lightning Chariot and Bless Weapons). I have pulled some tricks with Lightning Chariot which are superficially impressive aka tricksy, though nothing, in practice, game winning. I just find the 18' exclusion zone, along with the 24' range, rather limiting in game post turn 1, and in later turns the 3' unit range being very short - often stuff is moving into better positions as the game progresses. For 80pts it's sure nice to have - though as more of a contingency.

Bless Weapons is impressive sounding but too unreliable. There are too many broken dreams about getting it off on the shockbow bolt that never come to fruition.

Overall the Relictor is really really good value, and lightning chariot is nice to have in your hand, but I do wonder if a second Azyros (and even third) isn't a better choice.

I realized two time the bless weapon dream : first time on a unit of 10 judicators with the 2 shockbolt making a 5 and 6 to hit, and the second time on a unit of 10 retributors in range of two lord celestant with the consumate commander ability.

I'm sad i didn't have the idea to film my opponent reaction

17 minutes ago, ledha said:

I realized two time the bless weapon dream : first time on a unit of 10 judicators with the 2 shockbolt making a 5 and 6 to hit, and the second time on a unit of 10 retributors in range of two lord celestant with the consumate commander ability.

I'm sad i didn't have the idea to film my opponent reaction

Ha ha that second one sounds amazing. No doubt when it goes off big it can be great.  I think at sharp edge it's too unreliable and is probably inferior for matched play to Chariot.

4 minutes ago, Marc Wilson said:

Ha ha that second one sounds amazing. No doubt when it goes off big it can be great.  I think at sharp edge it's too unreliable and is probably inferior for matched play to Chariot.

yes, of course. But does a lightning chariot can beat the glory of saying to your opponent "you just suffered 37 mortal wounds" ? I don't think so :P

By the way, this week end, i participed to a 20 man tournament in france with some of the best french players here (even if only few people came with overcompetitive and uberlist), and finished 6th, with a stardrake list, at 2000 pts !

yes, of course. But does a lightning chariot can beat the glory of saying to your opponent "you just suffered 37 mortal wounds" ? I don't think so [emoji14]

By the way, this week end, i participed to a 20 man tournament in france with some of the best french players here (even if only few people came with overcompetitive and uberlist), and finished 6th, with a stardrake list, at 2000 pts !

Can You share your list please ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, CountryMou3e said:

Can You share your list please ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course !

celestant on stardrake - general, staunch defender, mirroshield, storm-winged

knight azyros - lantern of the tempest

lord-castellant

4 fulminators

5 liberators (sword and shield)

5 judicators (bows)

5 judicators (bows)

Thunderhead brotherhood

The items are here for indication, because i changed most of them depending of the opponent. In this tournament, we could choose our general trait and item for each battle, which is a huge boon for me as the stormcast have lot of very specific items. So i keeped the mirroshield against gunline, and took the armor of silvered sigmarite against melee list.

The scenarios were from the general handbook, with few change : at the end, the point difference in unit killed could give few more points and help making a draw into minor victory for example.

I thought I would share my new tournament list.

The competitive meta is being defined by a number of powerful shooting units: Skyfires, Longstrikes, Thundertusks, Stormfiends, Hellcannons, Kunning Rukk, Freeguild, etc.

This list has been built to crush shooting armies and still provide a good match against melee armies like Tomb Kings, Khorne, etc.. I went 3-0 at a local tournament and took first place this weekend. Hoping to get more experience and make more tweaks soon.

With 6 -1Hit debuffs it can cripple any list that relies on buffing up 1 or 2 big units (commonly referred to as "Deathstar" lists)

Each Relictor here has Lightning Chariot. The idea is to teleport the Relictors to the 9" line and use their 12" prayer immediately, teleport prosecutors to 9" and drop the paladins into play

Consummate Command allows you to use the Celestants command ability and the Celestial Vindicators command ability, so you have +1 hit and +1 attack for all protectors and liberators.

Let me know what you think

cv.png

1 hour ago, PJetski said:

I thought I would share my new tournament list.

The competitive meta is being defined by a number of powerful shooting units: Skyfires, Longstrikes, Thundertusks, Stormfiends, Hellcannons, Kunning Rukk, Freeguild, etc.

This list has been built to crush shooting armies and still provide a good match against melee armies like Tomb Kings, Khorne, etc.. I went 3-0 at a local tournament and took first place this weekend. Hoping to get more experience and make more tweaks soon.

With 6 -1Hit debuffs it can cripple any list that relies on buffing up 1 or 2 big units (commonly referred to as "Deathstar" lists)

Each Relictor here has Lightning Chariot. The idea is to teleport the Relictors to the 9" line and use their 12" prayer immediately, teleport prosecutors to 9" and drop the paladins into play

Consummate Command allows you to use the Celestants command ability and the Celestial Vindicators command ability, so you have +1 hit and +1 attack for all protectors and liberators.

Let me know what you think

cv.png

I like the mechanic geared around the Lord Celestant. People have been trying to find a way to get his buff off usefully for nearly 2 years! Need to get those 3+'s off though, that's all I'd worry about - the strategy could get ragged with some duff roles. Did you experience that? What is/was your contingency?

how do you make the celestant reach the frontline and being close enough to the paladins for giving the +1 buff in the first "in your face" turn  ? making him run and praying to make  a 6 on the run roll ?

( and by the way, it's the tempestor who make a -1 to hit :P )

i had, too, an idea for a celestial vindicator hammerstrike list, but very different from your's

Woops my bad, it should be Tempestors. I always get those mixed up!

Celestant can be teleported to the front line with Lightning Chariot. I'm not completely sold on his inclusion fighting against shooting armies, but he is VERY good at dealing with melee armies, letting your Protectors/Retributors hit on 2+ and Rets dealing 2 MW on 5+.

If I didn't run the Celestant I would run 3 more Prosecutors to make sure that unit doesn't get wiped by a single Thundertusk and swap Consummate Commander for Staunch Defender.

i feel like there is no reliable solution about that first turn buff to be 100% there all the time so i think we just have to accept the fact that deathstar list are better in the meta right now like an aetherstrike with some blessed weapons on a 9-12 longstrike unit could be nasty

The odds of getting at least 1 Relictor prayer + thunderstorm combo is ~83%, which is roughly equal to a 2+ dice roll. Nothing in the game is 100% reliable so I don't think that's much of an argument. Every Deathstar list relies on buffs that are not 100%. Tomb Kings rely on quite a few spells that cast on 6 and Settra's 2+ buff.

Regardless, Tempestors and Protectors alone are -3 to hit and don't rely on any dice rolls to activate. That's enough to shut down an Aetherstrike alone, but if you add in 1 or 2 Relictor blasts then you the Raptors are just a waste of 540-720 points.

I have played a lot of Aetherstrike and I can say that this Celestial Vindicators list can reliably defeat it

I love to play against aetherstrike, it's always tough, but it's fun and interesting. It's like solving a puzzle, since you have to defeat it by damaging it hard enough to shut it's firepower, but without destroying entirely those units. It make insane damage but can't take a punch, unlike those mixed destruction kuniin rukk list who just point something and delete it.

Heh, Aetherstrike reminds of of how you were supposed to fight Ynnari in 40k. To be fair, I prefer to go against Kunnin' Rukk. Sure, they have a lot of shots, but that ain't helping them against the stacked buffing SCE can bring. Aetherstrike has Rend and Rend is scary :P

Archived