Let's chat Stormcast Eternals

Requizen

16 hours ago, XReN said:

Soooo...
Can you please give us an example of your list you use with Scions?
From my experience it's mostly useless and does not give you advantage because of it's unreliability

In my GT Vanguard Wing list I'll usually keep the small liberator unit and 1 prosecutor unit in the sky.

The liberators are only there to grab an objective, so it beats footslogging them. 

The Prosecutors are great for bolstering Bearers of the Storm - with their 3D6 charge and fly I can get them close to the big Liberator blob for maximum double wound roll shenanigans.  Or if they come down later in the game they can be ideal for redploying said blob somewhere else.

I would agree though that zero deployment is a brave move!

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are people's views on Drakesworn Templars? They seem pretty so so to me for the points, the downgrade from a Celestant seems like it's worth well more than just a 69 point drop.

Thinking of running a 1k with:

Drakesworn Templar

- Arc Hammer

- Skybolt Bow

-Champion of the Realms

- Strife-endet

- Storm-winged

2 Fulminators

5 Judicators

- Skybolt Bow

- Shockbolt Bow

5 Liberators

- Warhammer and Shield

- Grand Hammer

1000/1000

Wondering if I should switch the Judicators for another Liberator squad so I can upgrade to a Celestant on Stardrake.

17 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

What are people's views on Drakesworn Templars? They seem pretty so so to me for the points, the downgrade from a Celestant seems like it's worth well more than just a 69 point drop.

Honestly, I don't think you should use this model on less then 2000pts games

1 hour ago, The Wanderer said:

What are people's views on Drakesworn Templars?

I don't think I would ever run one over a LCoSD personally, the shield is too much of a loss for a model that will routinely have a 2+ save (reroll 1's becomes very important). However, with the upcoming Mystic Shield change I could see justifying it - assuming there are no big point adjustments. 

14 minutes ago, Freejack02 said:

I don't think I would ever run one over a LCoSD personally, the shield is too much of a loss for a model that will routinely have a 2+ save (reroll 1's becomes very important). However, with the upcoming Mystic Shield change I could see justifying it - assuming there are no big point adjustments. 

I mean assuming that is like assuming gw will never release models for stormcast again :P

Given the significant success of stormcast in tournaments and their popularity, i'd be surprised if they didn't get significant point adjustments. Whether they're up or down, who knows.

24 minutes ago, Deathmetaldave said:

I hope they do adjust the points down for LCoD . They already confirmed that Archaon would be dropping in points and as it stands he is only 160 points more than the LCoD.  Stands to reason that they will but we'll have to wait and see. 

That should have said LCoSD. 

3 hours ago, Deathmetaldave said:

I hope they do adjust the points down for LCoD . They already confirmed that Archaon would be dropping in points and as it stands he is only 160 points more than the LCoD.  Stands to reason that they will but we'll have to wait and see. 

Ya know, I hadn't realized that the gap was that small - I would certainly be on board for a points reduction!

Hello gents, after making a great deal with SCE at eBay, I got amongst other things two packs of Prosecutors and also six additional guys from the core box. I'll equip six of them with the javelins and tridents. But now I have some questions how to equip the close combat dude. Two get the grandhammerand the other four hammers and shields. Is this equipment a good choice?

1 hour ago, Rhargar said:

Hello gents, after making a great deal with SCE at eBay, I got amongst other things two packs of Prosecutors and also six additional guys from the core box. I'll equip six of them with the javelins and tridents. But now I have some questions how to equip the close combat dude. Two get the grandhammerand the other four hammers and shields. Is this equipment a good choice?

Used shields+grandaxe for a whille, works good for cutting through massed light-armored units dealing good damage if not focused right away, so it depends, but because melee prosecutors in small numbers are nothing but their special weapon those re-rolls from shield/paired hammers does not make much difference. 

You may also wait for AoS 2 before making final decision 

9 hours ago, Rhargar said:

Might wait another few weeks before kitting them out - for all we know hammer Prosecutors could be getting buffed or a decent point reduction making them worthwhile. As for the Libs, I run all mine with hammer+shield and grandhammers, but now that we are getting access to the new mystic shield, I might just lop off some shield arms and magnetize another hammer on there... 

1 hour ago, Freejack02 said:

Might wait another few weeks before kitting them out - for all we know hammer Prosecutors could be getting buffed or a decent point reduction making them worthwhile. As for the Libs, I run all mine with hammer+shield and grandhammers, but now that we are getting access to the new mystic shield, I might just lop off some shield arms and magnetize another hammer on there... 

I sure as heck hope they don't make hammer prosecutors better...I finally just completed converting my starter box ones into javelins. ?

9 minutes ago, Richelieu said:

I sure as heck hope they don't make hammer prosecutors better...I finally just completed converting my starter box ones into javelins. ?

I wouldn't be surprised if they do a wholesale redesign of most of the units in the new book.

2 hours ago, Richelieu said:

But they deserve it! They are the unit that got me to start playing SCE originally - then I slowly learned how awful they are. I'd rather see them buffed, but at the very least they need a point reduction.

2 hours ago, Freejack02 said:

But they deserve it! They are the unit that got me to start playing SCE originally - then I slowly learned how awful they are. I'd rather see them buffed, but at the very least they need a point reduction.

Agreed, I love their models, own 24 (only 9 with javelins and 6 unassembled) at the moment but had never used them all on the table at once :(

Hello again, first thanks for your answers about the Prosecutors. Now I have a question concerning the equipment of the Vanguard-Raptors. I have two packs of them and my plan is to equip one unit with Longstrike Crossbows and the other with Hurricane Crossbows to get a little flexibility. Is this useful, or what kind of equipment to you prefer?

I know we're on the eve of a new edition, but I'm a new Stormcast player looking for advice.

I currently own two of the Blood and Thunder halves, so 2x Lord Relictor, 6x Retributor, 6x Prosecutor with Hammers, 20x Liberators. 

I've got an eBay coupon that expires in a day, so I was wondering if there are any must-have purchases to bolster my Stormcast. I do also plan on buying the Stormcast half of the new starter box when it releases. 

22 minutes ago, thundering said:

I know we're on the eve of a new edition, but I'm a new Stormcast player looking for advice.

I currently own two of the Blood and Thunder halves, so 2x Lord Relictor, 6x Retributor, 6x Prosecutor with Hammers, 20x Liberators. 

I've got an eBay coupon that expires in a day, so I was wondering if there are any must-have purchases to bolster my Stormcast. I do also plan on buying the Stormcast half of the new starter box when it releases. 

A castellant or judicators would likely be a solid addition. 

With a new edition and battle tome it's hard to say much with future certainty. 

Another aspect is we have a large model range, so depending on how you want to play your model choice would vary. 

Also, the new units may outshine the existing. For example the new ballista vs raptors. 

I think Vandus will be a little better in the new edition as he does not need to be the general to use his awesome command ability. This means you can retain staunch defender on your standard LCoD.

I've always wanted to try out Vandus + 4 Concussors + Drakesworn Templar (+1 to hit) and an Amber Wizard (+1 to wound). Assuming that these units get some love points-wise in the new edition I think this might be the time to try it.

13 hours ago, Luke.w said:

I think Vandus will be a little better in the new edition as he does not need to be the general to use his awesome command ability. This means you can retain staunch defender on your standard LCoD.

I've always wanted to try out Vandus + 4 Concussors + Drakesworn Templar (+1 to hit) and an Amber Wizard (+1 to wound). Assuming that these units get some love points-wise in the new edition I think this might be the time to try it.

We don’t know how staunch is going to look in the new edition. I feel it’ll probably be changed 

Archived