Ogroid Thaumaturge and summoning from fireblast?

Thundercake

Question

The Ogroids fireblast spell allows you to set up a unit of horrors if it does damage. In organized play ,where summoning has to have points set aside for summoning units, the result of the fireblast (setting up a unit of horrors) would be considered summoning and require points to be set aside, correct? 

20 answers to this question

Has this been resolved? I'd love to field the thaumaturge with 10 pink horrors in reserve. 

I think it would be fun to pop out multiple units of 1-6 pink horrors. Admittedly the one summoned pink horror could then summon another unit of pink horrors which starts to make it a bit broken...

Has this situation become any clearer? The GHB says each time you add a unit during a battle from any spell or ability, you must subtract the unit cost from your reinforcement points... So if the Fireblast spell creates just one pink horror, you lose 140 points from your reinforcement pool. Plus you can't have them split into blue and brimstone horrors because they have no points value and so can't be used in pitched battles...

Maybe the points cost of the Ogroid reflects this...he has 8 wounds, can regen, does mortals on the charge, has 7 decent attacks with some rending and multi-damage... plus his spell is still quite decent (a boosted arcane bolt).

12 hours ago, daedalus81 said:

It doesn't implicitly allow going beyond starting size - just add D3 to a unit.  The page from the GHB covers it pretty well, I think.

I dunno, it's similar wording to the blue horrors,  brimstone horrors and zombies. I'd say it allows you to go past your initial starting size.

38 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

how certain are you on this ?

as if this is correct morbidex suddenly became very interesting again.

the more i read it actually the more i agree. this is very interesting!

Very certain, but you can't go beyond starting size.

On 14/07/2016 at 8:07 PM, mmimzie said:

Anything that add models to an existing  unit is exempt from this. 

how certain are you on this ?

as if this is correct morbidex suddenly became very interesting again.

the more i read it actually the more i agree. this is very interesting!

1 hour ago, Marc Wilson said:

I meant Blue Horrors from the Daemons of Tzeentch faction - would be interested to see if they have points or if you can ONLY field them when pink horrors pop - in which case them surely they're accounted for in the pink horrors cost. 

I thought Blue Horrors only came back due to Silver Tower. They're in the app but they are ST models and as such don't have points (yet).

Also, the points for the Pink Horrors in the GH are for the pre-Silver Tower warscroll.

It's getting a little messy; I'm sure they'll point these models and clear it up in a PDF download soon enough.

Do Blue Horrors have points? (I didn't see them on the excel spreadsheet I downloaded from W-O-S rumour thread. I think there's a difference between paying points for summoned units, and paying them upfront for a situational scenario outside of your control. With summoning your paying the standard rate gaining some deployment options offset against the possibility of bad time, with replacement you're often dependent on your opponents actions or inaction. The risk of replacement cost is paying for points that might never see the light of day.

Not sure. It isn't summoning. It is a consequence of an action. Will probably be clarified when the guy gets points/the GH FAQ is released. 

If it does require extra points, then you might as well not bother. Because with the rule of 1 Horrors are not a unit you want multiples of. 

Archived