Sam19

Hi All 

I am fairly new to AoS (played a bit of fantasy in secondary school a long, long time ago) and decided to start collecting Khorne Bloodbound.  I am enjoying playing a lot but I am  getting to a stage  were I'd like to take a step up and maybe invest in taking my collection to the 2000pt level.

I currently have the Bloodbound half of the  AoS starter set (Mighty Chaos Lord, Bloodsecrator, Bloodstoker, Khorgorath, 5 Blood Warriors and 20 Bloodreavers) and was wondering what would be best to add next? 

I like the look of some of the other chaos factions, Brayherds and Warherds especially but I don't know if these would be fluff friendly allies or indeed if the benefits of expanding to new factions would outweigh any negatives.  Also do Daemons and Monsters of Chaos count as part of the core if given the mark of Khorne? (I like the look of Be'lakor, if not maybe a Daemon Prince) 

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Sam

Anything that can take the mark of Khorne can be taken in your army without breaking your allegiance. So check on the warscrolls of the units you are interested in to see if they can take the mark of Khorne.

In terms of expanding on your core army, your at the stage when you can think about whether you want to take any Khorne daemon units like Bloodletters and Bloodthirsters.

On the mortal side of the army, more Bloodwarriors or another Khorgorath, Skullcrushers and Wrathmongers are all really good additions.

Maybe consider the Start Collecting box for Khorne. It is giving you the extra battleline Bloodwarriors which I believe is essential to add to the five you own. The Mighty Skullcrushers are now good value after the Generals Handbook 17 and the slaughterpriest gives you access to much needed buffing (and damage) options with his prayers and blessings. All for a reasonable price!

Fluffwise brayherd and warherd would fit in just fine. They tend to either be attracted to battles or get recruited by chaos lords.

Brayherd have very fast (they can move 10+d6 inches and then charge with a brayshaman) and fairly cheap infantry units but thats about all that they would add to khorne. Bloodreavers would be better for cheap infantry because they can take advantage of all the khorne buffs.

Warherds will work better because they can have good rend and multiple damage exploding attacks which khorne does not have much of. I use a unit of great weapon bullgors every so often and they do good damage.

I was in your shoe at a point of time also. Not too long ago though. Haha.

I will suggest you get the Khorne battletome book if you yet to have. Inside will answer a lot of your questions and maybe you can find which battalions to start or form up and work from there. 

I start out with Khorne Mortals...later bought the book, tried a few and still now settle with Bloodthirsters, Bloodletters bomb, Gore Pilgrim battalion. 

Thanks for the feedback, I’m now at 1680 points of skull-gathering menace after adding:

1 Daemon Prince of Khorne 

40 more Bloodreavers for a total of 60 which I will run in x3 20s

12 Mighty Skullcrushers (as 2 units of 6)

I’m now looking at swapping out the MLoK and the Khorgorath and adding Skarbrand maybe.

I still like the Idea of Beasts of Chaos but I’m going to concentrate mainly on Khorne for now, seeing 60 bloodreavers on the table is pretty awesome. What’s the general opinion on Warpfire Dragons? Is there a monster model that would generate more havoc than its deadly demise and shooting attack?

Thanks again all ?

On ‎26‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 3:25 PM, Sam19 said:

Thanks for the feedback, I’m now at 1680 points of skull-gathering menace after adding:

1 Daemon Prince of Khorne 

40 more Bloodreavers for a total of 60 which I will run in x3 20s

12 Mighty Skullcrushers (as 2 units of 6)

I’m now looking at swapping out the MLoK and the Khorgorath and adding Skarbrand maybe.

I still like the Idea of Beasts of Chaos but I’m going to concentrate mainly on Khorne for now, seeing 60 bloodreavers on the table is pretty awesome. What’s the general opinion on Warpfire Dragons? Is there a monster model that would generate more havoc than its deadly demise and shooting attack?

Thanks again all ?

I have recently purchased Skarbrand, I couldn't resist the ultimate beatstick to intimidate opponents. That said, he is relatively vulnerable and many armies could remove him with a single round of magic/shooting. I will be supporting him with a bloodstoker and Bronzed Flesh prayers from Slaughterpriests to make him more survivable and get my points worth (400 still feels a bit expensive) Of course, with the right play (and dice rolls) he's a game winner.

I have never really looked at ForgeWorld models but after checking out the Warpfire Dragon I'm impressed! For 200 points he can do some real damage! Not only that, it's sure to catch your opponents eye and distract from the rest of your army shuffling up to get in charge range.  His obvious weakness is his 5+ save, so again a Slaughterpriest is necessary to help buff his save.

Consider running the reavers as 40 and 20.  It will be cheaper. And to be honest if you have 60 you may as well go the whole hog and have 80 ?

I would consider a warshrine to support them. Gives you another prayer and blood blessing plus a 6+ ward save.

Wth al those skull crushers you may be better running them in units of 3, the MW on the charge is better. Also you could model one as a lord of khorne on juggernaut. Coupled w gore cleaver he does a lot of damage.

I would also recommend getting a lord of khorne on juggernaut, not only can he do a lot of damage he also lets you use the brass stampede battalion. I would recommend not converting the lord from a skullcrusher because then you will have 2 skullcrushers that you cannot use and you might want to use all 12 in the future. When I take skullcrushers I use 18 or more. I have built up their numbers over time.

Archived