The Painting Contract - April 2018

1 hour ago, BunkhouseBuster said:

Finally got some pictures of them taken!  Here are my first 3 Gorebeast Chariots!

And yes, I am aware that I didn't do their pole decorations yet.  I'm still debating if it is worth it or not, but these guys are tabletop ready now.  I do want do get some tufts of grass and apply to their bases, but my FLGS didn't have any in stock last time I looked.

5adca5115c0da_FirstthreeS2DGBChariots4-22-18.jpg.a6361fafe1b664651991b08291c29b19.jpg

Next step, painting up 10 Chaos Knights and a Chaos Sorcerer.  I have mentioned that I am going to be working on assembling a bunch of Death models for my step-daughter, but I am hoping to get another load of models to add to that bunch, and I'll assemble them all in one go when the time comes.

Oh man!??

love the metal sheen. 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

30 slotted bases from Spain arrived tonight. Yay! 

Too bad I’m still short 10 more bases. They were just shipped from Spain again so they won’t likely be here in time. 

Heres the old old twin choppas and the old rugluds now ardboys. I only had 19 left so I’m downgrading grimgorn to the company champ. Only 9 ready to go for them. If I can locate another 10 bases sooner I will. 

img_1948.jpgimg_1949.jpgimg_1950.jpg

5 hours ago, Artobans Ghost said:

30 slotted bases from Spain arrived tonight. Yay! 

Too bad I’m still short 10 more bases. They were just shipped from Spain again so they won’t likely be here in time. 

Just to throw this in - you do know GW make 32mm slotta bases?  If you search for "Blood Bowl Bases", the ones that come up are 32mm but with a hole for the ball (easily filled)

14 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

Just to throw this in - you do know GW make 32mm slotta bases?  If you search for "Blood Bowl Bases", the ones that come up are 32mm but with a hole for the ball (easily filled)

Thanks again! Ordered and should have in 3 business days. Should be able to complete contract because of that ?

9 hours ago, Artobans Ghost said:

Thanks again! Ordered and should have in 3 business days. Should be able to complete contract because of that ?

Awesome!  It was only curiosity a while back that I discovered you could buy the Blood Bowl bases separately :)

Update on FEC contract.

Don't think I'm going to complete my pledge too much work and life getting in the way ☹️ But we still have 5 days! So may get the majority with exception of TG completed.

have been using AGK and CHC in a skirmish campaign so these are pretty much done, just need to tidy some bits on the CHC, quite happy with the AGK. Having made one of the horrors/flayers into a Crypt Haunter Courtier it left me with two so made these up as horrors. Will have to get some more to make a unit! 

Completed bases for the ghouls and prepped and built two bases for horrors.

if I can get ghouls and horrors complete I'll be happy and will have to put the TG down for next months contract. 

So onto some pics.

IMG_3641.jpg

IMG_3644.jpg

IMG_3643.jpg

IMG_3640.jpg

The end of the month has come! How did you do?

I was aiming for some silver tower heroes. (Doomseeker/Herald of Tzeentch/Magister/Bloodsecrator)

I ended up with a set of Shadespire Blocking terrain (best laid plans of painters and all that ...) and a partially completed Doomseeker. (Which I am going to work on finishing up this weekend.)

It was a partially successful month, but it gives me an opportunity for next month!

So, post up your successes, and come join me and @Mohojoe in the May 2018 Painting Contract B|

Woot!

bloodbowl bases from GW in. 

Finished 20 ardboys and contract. Yay! 2500 pts of green headache on the way. Cutting it a bit thin but this was a worldwide bonanza with bases made from home, China, Spain and the uk. On some good criticism, I picked up some flock and wash to spice up the bases. 

img_1974.jpgimg_1975.jpgimg_1976.jpgimg_1977.jpg

Woohoo, just finished up the last piece on my April contract on the last day of the month. Getting 10 letters, 1 bloodstoker, 1 bloodmaster, 1 korghorath, and 3 bloodcrushers done this month was really great!

This 'contract' really helped me to get motivated to work as I've been getting burnt out recently.

XE8UtMi.png

8 minutes ago, Dickbill said:

This 'contract' really helped me to get motivated to work as I've been getting burnt out recently.

Likewise. Nothing like a deadline to justify leaving various household chores undone for a few days longer! 9_9

Archived