The Painting Contract - April 2018

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for April 2018!

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain, models, Warhammer Quest Silver Tower/ Shadows Over Hammerhal, Blood Bowl or Shadespire as well as AoS of course. 

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress!

Enjoy!

@Mohojoe & @TheOtherJosh

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn’t get to my stretch Goals last month ... so I’ll put them into the list for this month!

I’m going to try for Warhammer Quest Heroes...

Sorcerer Lord of Tzeentch (Magister)

(Alternately a Herald of Tzeentch on foot.)

One of the following:

Doomseeker or Shard Or Bloodsecrator

Stretch Goal:

Complete the primed Kairic Acolytes (3 Kairic Acolytes)

Build Skaven Packmaster

I shall be continuing my adventures under Hammerhal and pledge to paint

Chaos Sorceror Lord

Lord Castellant

Loremaster

In addition  I want to add reinforcements to my khorne army, so I want to paint 

Gaunt Summoner

Slaughterpriest

Baewind vortex 

Blood reavers, at least 5.

Start gorechariot or warshrine

Of course I fully expect to get distracted and paint something completely unrelated ?

Already? That was quick! :)

Getting back to AoS from 40k I pledge 6 Screamers of Tzeentch, as well as working out the paint scheme for my planned Disciples of Tzeentch army as a whole. Looking forward to a fresh start!

Hi! I'm Returning to The hobby, and need a Lot of Stuff done My pledge for This Month:

-20 Plague Monks

-1 feculent gnarlmaw

- 1 Spoilpox Scrivener

Those are not a Unit completion, its Only to reduce a Few drops The Gray ocean...

- 3 poxwalkers

-3 cultists

See You.

Going to rework my old orc army into an AoS  greenskin/ironjaw unit. Bit ambitious but the last 2 months have inspired me. May get jammed as all the 32 mm bases are still in China. We’ll see  ?

General - warboss on wyvern.       Hero - warboss -old grimgorn       Hero - Orruk great shaman             Hero - warboss on a warboar         Battleline - orruks with bows         Battleline - orruks twin choppas Battleline - orruks twin choppas Battleline - orruks w/ pigspears  Battalion - greenskinz big mob     Other - orruk boar boys (5)              Other - orruk boar boys (5)              Other - orruk boar boys (5)              Other - orruk chariots (2)                  Other - orruk ardboys (10)                Other - orruk brutes (5)

At this point only 2010 pts but  maybe another unit of orruks will double up my battleline units. I have 15, 15, 18, 18  in units so I’m making units of 10 in three and 20 in one. If that makes sense.

Going to move a few spares around to fill in gaps. Very fluffy army but most of mine are anyways. Looks like grimgorn needs a few touch ups  

img_1758.jpgimg_1757.jpg

So I only just got my pledge for last month, so for April it will be the fungoid. Though in my defense, I have nearly finished my gore gruntas and did 10 plaguebearers, whilst fitting in like, 7 games.

Edit: also remembered for the end of the month GW York is doing a keyword aelf painting competition, so I will do something to fit that, the contenders are Reaper Bolt Thrower, old metal cold one chariot (if I can get plastic Drakespawn), or maybe some metal characters.

Managed to put a good dent in my Silver Tower backlog in March. For April, I'll pledge to:

• Finish the currently WIP Minotaur and herdstone/objective marker (both in the highlighting stage now)
  • Paint the Fyreslayer Doomseeker
  • Paint the two Skaven Deathrunners

After that, I'm not sure what I'll do, so I'll put the options as stretch goals:

• Paint the Exelsior Warpriest & Gryph Hound
  • Paint the four remaining Kairic Acolytes
  • Paint the three remaining Tzaangors (the masochistic option - all the details on their armour make them a pain to do)
  • Paint five Gors, Bestigors or Ungors
  • Paint another Minotaur

I've painted quite a bit last month (I promise pics will go on today) which has not left me with much to do. Also I've been a bit of a traitor and bought the Forgebane 40k set with a friend ^_^ so I may concentrate on my Adeptus Mechanicus a fair bit in April (can we post 40k here?)

So to my pledge:

2 Fulminators

Grundtok Gunhauler

3 Endrinriggers

5 Grundstok Thunderers

Well I failed last month. Did get the Warqueen finished, which was a plus, and finished about half of  the warshrine. So for this month:

9 Daemonettes

Finish the warshrine.

That should do for April

UPDATE: got bored painting so built 10 more daemonettes... did get all the base colours and washes on the first 9, so I suppose that counts...

Have been finding lack of motivation after thundering through the first couple months of the year, so figure I'll make a contract here and maybe it'll help me!

By the end of April I will have all of the primed/started miniatures that are sitting on my workbench fully painted and based which includes:

• Bloodstoker
  • Bloodmaster "kitbash"
  • Bloodletters x10
  • Khorgorath x1
  • I will also build my last 3 Bloodcrushers and paint/base them as well.

Resized_20180329_190454(1).jpeg

Resized_20180329_190619.jpeg

Archived