Adepticon AOS Results?

On 3/26/2018 at 2:12 PM, Scythian said:

I thought I heard someone had 15 snakes in addition to my army. I would’ve loved to have seen the alternately painted Blood Sisters.  I played: Blades of Khorne, Mixed Order Legion, Kunnin Ruk, Chaos Dwarfs (Best Opponent), and Fyreslayers. Only loss was to Kunnin Ruk’s 3 million Patriot missiles that did the “300” attack on me, lol. Wish my Blood Sisters had those Spartan shields. 

I was interested in an all Naga army when I saw it was possible in the DoK book.  Is your list posted anywhere?  Also, how did you find that it played?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Skabnoze said:

I was interested in an all Naga army when I saw it was possible in the DoK book.  Is your list posted anywhere?  Also, how did you find that it played?

I went 4-1 at Adepticon with only one loss against Kunnin Ruk. When they hit, they just butcher their opponents. My list is just 3@ 20 Blood Sisters with 4 Medusa’s on foot.....er tail.....er, well you know what I mean.

Just now, Scythian said:

I went 4-1 at Adepticon with only one loss against Kunnin Ruk. When they hit, they just butcher their opponents. My list is just 3@ 20 Blood Sisters with 4 Medusa’s on foot.....er tail.....er, well you know what I mean.

Thats a great showing!  As a 25+ year Greenskins player, I approve of the loss to Bonesplitterz.  :P

How do you like playing the army?  Is there something else you would like to have in it - or change in any way?

6 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

Thats a great showing!  As a 25+ year Greenskins player, I approve of the loss to Bonesplitterz.  :P

How do you like playing the army?  Is there something else you would like to have in it - or change in any way?

I kept questioning it through my games but they’re so unbelievably fast that I was on my opponents like lightning. In 5 games, I never failed a single charge with them. They are brutal beyond belief! If you get off Mindrazor, just forget about it!

@Scythian
Great to see your DoK list was working for you! I have some questions for you..

They only move 8" how did you get them into combat so fast?
Why didn't you want to take any prayers?
Why didn't you want to run Temple Nest?
Why didn't you want to squeeze one medusa (general) on a shrine?
Why didn't you want to protect them with a cauldron?
What temple were you running? 
Were there any artifacts or combos you were running that worked for you?

10 minutes ago, WoollyMammoth said:

@Scythian
Great to see your DoK list was working for you! I have some questions for you..

They only move 8" how did you get them into combat so fast?
Why didn't you want to take any prayers?
Why didn't you want to run Temple Nest?
Why didn't you want to squeeze one medusa (general) on a shrine?
Why didn't you want to protect them with a cauldron?
What temple were you running? 
Were there any artifacts or combos you were running that worked for you?

Lol, most of my opponents came right at me. I guess they didn’t think they were that tough. 

My theme was all snakes, no legs allowed 

Temple Nests require Blood Stalkers. Dice hammered their effectiveness when book came out. Not that good.

Thought about putting my general on a shrine. I may in the future.

As for cauldron, like I said, wanted all snakes

Temple was Draichi Ganeth, just devastating.

General had bathed in blood (meh) and the shadow stone (awesome)

3 hours ago, Scythian said:

Lol, most of my opponents came right at me. I guess they didn’t think they were that tough. 

My theme was all snakes, no legs allowed 

Temple Nests require Blood Stalkers. Dice hammered their effectiveness when book came out. Not that good.

Thought about putting my general on a shrine. I may in the future.

As for cauldron, like I said, wanted all snakes

Temple was Draichi Ganeth, just devastating.

General had bathed in blood (meh) and the shadow stone (awesome)

Nice I bet that help cast Mindrazor. Maybe try -1 to hit general instead?
Blood stalkers are not great, i would try with two units of 5. At least a little range.

So I'm assuming what was working for you was 3+ mortal wounds on 60 attacks .. before combat starts lol.

Hi Adam ,

Thanks for this!

12 hours ago, adamtrunzo said:

Hello Everyone,

I managed to place 3rd in the Champs this last weekend. Here is my list:

Allegiance: Seraphon

Leaders
Engine of the Gods (220)
- Artefact: Light of Dracothion 
Slann Starmaster (260)
- General
- Trait: Great Rememberer 
- Artefact: Incandescent Rectrices 
Skink Starpriest (80)
Celestant-Prime (340)

Battleline
40 x Skinks (200)
- Meteoric Javelins & Star Bucklers
40 x Skinks (200)
10 x Skinks (60)

Units
9 x Ripperdactyl Riders (420)
1 x Salamanders (40)

Battalions
Shadowstrike Starhost (170)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 149

I played against a moulder list, alarielle sylvaneth list (my only loss), and three stormcast (stardrake, vanguard wing, and aetherstrike).

Ripperdactyls were great and accounted for a hellpit, 6 rat ogres, 20 dryads, treelord ancient, 36 liberators, and 5 judicators. I outdropped every opponent and always took first turn. The list works well with having many different ways to deal damage (range, MW, combat) and everything does something from the very start of the game

Other than the one loss I got max points in every other game and max soft scores. Feel free to ask any questions and I will do my best to answer. You can also see my stuff on Twitter @Mr_Trunzo.  Thanks!

12 hours ago, LLV said:

Any news on the top 10 armylists yet? Im mainly interested in top Death and the Seraphon list please!

Top Death was:

Nagash (Nagash for sure had the movement spell for the rest I'd need to look at their spells) He kept Mystic shield up for a 2+ rerollable

Necromancer w/ FnP for skelies relic

40 Skelies

40 Skelies

10 Skelies

30 Grave Guard

My game against him:

He was under my drops so he took first turn. His Gravesites were right on the middle line. He deployed his Graveguard on his right flank trailing to his Necromancer (which was behind LoS Terrain) and Nagash on his left flank. The 2 40 blocks were "in the graves." The 2nd I saw he was doing that, I deployed more defensively.

He took Priority and dropped both units of 40" as close as possible while still trailing back to the Necromancer. He made both of his charges and I joked that he gave me  3 rounds of combat before he could heal. 1 His combat Phase 2 My Combat Phase 3 Me Winning Priority. He laughed it off. He killed like 11 in 1 unit of witches and rolled rlly poorly in the other. Witch banner helped mitigate losses. Then I got to hit back. He pulled models to break coherency but stay in range of the necromancer and the graves. He wanted to keep me locked up with my witches so he could try to block me in. Because I deployed defensively, Morathi was well outside of 3" so she teleported away and grew big so she could tie up the Graveguard for the rest of the game. I also got Mindrazor and most of my buffs on the unit of witches that were locked with both units. They shredded skelies. 3 attacks apiece exploding on 6s to hit rerolling wounds and going through armour is rough.

Sure enough I won priority for Turn 2. Between magic shooting and more witches both 40 man squads died swinging the odds.

By Turn 3 the 15 snakes w/ all the buffs had Nagash down to 1 wound and most of the Graveguard were dead. The second Nagash died or ran away off of the objective (I had 2 objectives to 1) he wouldn't be able to stop me from winning so he conceded.

He was an awesome opponent and played it perfectly, it just wasn't in the cards

7 hours ago, WoollyMammoth said:

Nice I bet that help cast Mindrazor. Maybe try -1 to hit general instead?
Blood stalkers are not great, i would try with two units of 5. At least a little range.

So I'm assuming what was working for you was 3+ mortal wounds on 60 attacks .. before combat starts lol.

Actually, what hurt most of my opponents was the amount of attacks that were hitting. The Draichi Ganeth buff of plus one on the charge was brutal. I did very well on wounding too, so the mortals on a 3+ were just pure gravy.  Since only the front row was able to use the mortal wound attacks. I really only got like 8-10 if I was lucky. I made certain to keep mystic shield on my bigger combats which made life worse for my opponents. Like I said, my only regret was having to face the Kunnin Ruk list because it was such a waste of time and a painfully boring game.  At least the other 4 opponents I defeated had balanced lists and were more enjoyable to face. 

Hey guys! Adepticon was so fun! My second tournament ever. I brought my mortal nurgle army with a  "charlie kelly rat king" plague priest. I actually painted (tried to) Charlie Kelly's Nightman Cometh "lyrics" on my plague priests priests tome for you "its Always Sunny In Philedelphia" fans LOL. 

ADCVUtg.jpg?1VOumgjG.jpg?1

Was 3-0 with three majors first day. Played Scaletti on the stream game 4 (first game of second day) and a fyrslayers army round 5. Two minor losses. What a thrill to be on the stream and to be opposite such an amazing opponent like Mike Scaletti. Cant believe I made it to table 2. But alas I made a crucial mistake in each of the last two games that cost me. My goof in the last game was simply giving my opoonent (Carson Burns - another GREAT opponent) the last turn on the last battle round of blood and glory. He took advanatge and retreated onto objectives and got the minor win. He ended up 12th and I dropped to 38th. 

LOL at @Thomas Lyons and kaleb walters re-match from last year on game 5.  It was awesome to be right next to that dice rolling show. It should be an annual event you two play each other because that was some fun to watch!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If anyone cares here is my list and a couple pictures I took: 

Nurgle

Glotkin - General - Blades of Putrfaction

Gutrot Spume 420

Chaos Sorcerer Lord - Magnificianet buboes - Artefact: Carrion Dirge 160

Plague Priest with plague censer 80

10 blightkings 320 

5 blightkings 160

5 blightkings 160

28 maruaders 180

14 Chaos warriors 270

Plaguetouched warband 100 

1990/2000

NhxxbhP.jpg

iap9wcD.jpg

The next picture is one of my crowing tactical foresights. Im not a smart player I just get lucky. But when I actually come up with a plan and execute it I get excited. I ran my 2 wound marauders up the middle with warriors and bottled his army behind his 30 plgue bearers sandwiched between two deadly terrain features. I used the rats prayer to have my maruaders kick back mortals on 5s. Jumped on objectives with sorcerer lord and glotkin, and also prevented his drones from retreating/flying to Glotkin by feeding him one unit of blightkings after another until I had enough of a victory point lead on him that he conceded. Lou if you see this it was a great game I am by no means gloating. I loved playing you!!

TUInb9l.jpg

Next picture is similar. He ran 120 maruaders and 80 monks. Double GUO (rotigus). He failed a short charge. dirty mike and the boys (gutrot and 10 kings) along with my marauders charged in and mopped up. He ran the 80 monks at my all buffed for a second wave. Between two traain features I dropped a Gnarlmaw and plugged the 1" gaps on either side of it with warriors. I got glotkin within 7" to use horrific opponent (-1 to hit if beat his bravery on 2d6). As he was -2 to bravery (carrion dirge) got him to -2 to hit on his monks (so hitting on 6s) 

In the picture, note the gnarlmaw on the right and monks getting ready to run in. Picture was taken before the scene I described above. 

MNgQlBd.jpg

On 3/26/2018 at 3:56 PM, Searva said:

Nope... Changehost is not a move it is a redeploy per GWs own ruling for Morathi growing and definition of a "move" from their FAQs.

Balewind Vortex warscroll Add the following paragraph to the Hints & Tips section: ‘Note that a Monster may not be moved onto a Balewind Vortex for any reason.’

It was a perfectly legal yet stupid play within the rules. Warhammer Community was at Adepticon so it should be fixed. They even called over a TO, Joe showed him the rule stated that it was stupid but the TO ruled for him anyways. IDK that he would've pulled it out without it but Joe is a very good player and it was the Kunnin Rukk guy's like 3-5 event and he did very well

They didn't call a TO over during the game.

I know both players, and discussed it with the TO. The above is false.

42 minutes ago, Scythian said:

Rhellion, that Nurgle army is incredible! 

Ahhhh!! you guys are so nice ^_^

1 hour ago, Rhellion said:

Could you post a few more shots of your Marauder conversions?

Absolutely! I am at work right now. But on my lunch hour, I will run home and snap some photos!

14 hours ago, Rhellion said:

Could you post a few more shots of your Marauder conversions?

Here is a few of my maruaders. I just cut off all tech bits. Added shields from the skeleton kit because they look more ancient and degraded. And converted them to have trees growing out of their flesh just like my other Blightkings. 

22C5694D-0947-4667-B994-FF050C6CF2BB.jpeg

D0F08EA8-8A27-4C08-B593-91F310CB4FA4.jpeg

2DA49408-3455-4898-8A0F-051997B3D35E.jpeg

A1D9D461-ED86-4395-8407-2215F2C16DF3.jpeg

4 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Here is a few of my maruaders. I just cut off all tech bits. Added shields from the skeleton kit because they look more ancient and degraded. And converted them to have trees growing out of their flesh just like my other Blightkings. 

22C5694D-0947-4667-B994-FF050C6CF2BB.jpeg

D0F08EA8-8A27-4C08-B593-91F310CB4FA4.jpeg

2DA49408-3455-4898-8A0F-051997B3D35E.jpeg

A1D9D461-ED86-4395-8407-2215F2C16DF3.jpeg

Those things are spooky as hell! Now that’s how Nurgle should look!

Archived