The Second Ever Conversion/Kitbash Monthly Competition (Participation)

flemingmma

After the roaring success that was last months thread (12 entries 8 of which weren't my own which was awesome :) ) We are on again for the second ever monthly kitbash/competition thread

If you're looking for the completed projects thread its over here

This Month's theme is Wizards!

Using whatever materials you deem useful you are to create a single model that has the Wizard Keyword on its warscroll, is not a named character, and is on foot.

Here are the rules

1. The finished model is not to be painted but photographed as bare metal/plastic/whatever but if you have painted/primed it black and white photo's are okay

2. Its got to be playable, that is identifiable as the unit it would be played as, not necessarily warscroll perfect as the rule of cool applies and to the 28mm scale of age of sigmar. no foot high beautifully sculptured masterpieces please :) .

3. Greenstuff can be used anywhere from gap-filling all the way up to a full sculpt.

4. Each entrant can post Multiple entries without limit

5. 1 calendar month build time so anytime between today (23/03/2018) and a month from now (23/04/2018)

6. Have fun

How to enter

In the participation thread post something along the lines of "I (insert username here) undertake this month's challenge to build at least one wizard on foot"

In the participation thread feel free to post WIP pictures and swap ideas but once you have finished your mini post in the completed projects thread stating that this is indeed one of your projects and a series of 5 photo's as shown below

1 Front view

20180222_154806.jpg.0a44378b8ec383106c28ba6aeb0d9487.jpg

2 Right view

20180222_154812.jpg.610c3b7c4998f62fa667c753f1d04105.jpg

3 Rear View

20180222_154818.jpg.642141d670aa8facd613e497c4e97cbb.jpg

4 Left View

20180222_154824.jpg.a0829bc694303adf00655c2c8492b76d.jpg

5 Dramatic angle (not necessarily this angle just an angle that you feel best shows off your mini)

20180222_154839.jpg.358e7b9dd5c6461a5c13016fd7fbb095.jpg

Once the challenge closes I will run a poll to decide and audience favourite as the grand champ and I'll declare a personal favourite as well.

Bonus points for my choice will come from using using basic kits rather than hero units as a base

Here's a very basic list of units that seem to be wizards/witches on foot this is not a be all and end all of the list so if you're unsure please ask. I'm definitely missing some compendium and older units that no longer are sold on the australian GW online store

Arch Warlock

Archmage

Battlemage

Branchwraith

Branchwych

Butcher

Chaos Lord of Slaanesh

Chaos Sorcerer Lord (any god except Khorn because sorcery is foul!)

Daemon Prince (as above)

Drycha Hamadreth

Fatemaster (on foot count as Sorcerer Lord)

Firebelly

Fungoid Cave Shaman

Gaunt Summoner (on foot)

Great Bray Shaman

Grey Seer

Grot Shaman

Herald of any Chaos God (apart from Khorne because ew wizardry)

Keeper of Secrets

Lord Of Change

Loremaster

Magister of Tzeench

Mistweaver

Ogroid Thaumaturge

Orruk Great Shaman

Rotbringers Sorcerer

Skink Starpriest

Dark Elf Sorceress (or Sorcerer we're equal opportunity here)

Spellweaver

Treelord Ancient

Changeling

Tzaangor Shaman (on foot count as Great Bray Shaman)

Vampire Lord

Verminlord

Wardokk

Weirdnob

Wurrgog Prophet

1 hour ago, Swooper said:

Out of curiosity, why the "on foot" limitation? Greater daemons and other large models allowed but e.g. mounted chaos sorcerer lord excluded?

I hope that if this is a success beyond the first month to have mounted units as a monthly theme in the future so by limiting this month as a foot character I'm saving ideas for the future

1 hour ago, Melcavuk said:

would it not then be best to rule out monsters too as a further category? Wizard on horse as a later category seems weirdly specific but by moving monsters out too means a broader category later.

this would be wise, i may have thought this up late at night :/ very well I shall made amendments to the op

Ah well, guess that means I'm out. I have a mounted sorcerer WIP that I could probably have finished for this, but I can just as well let him stew for another month or two... I guess previously made kitbashes are not allowed either? :P

I, obaobaboss, undertake this month's challenge to build at least one wizard on foot.

After my failure to finish the skaven warlock in the first competition I'll try to make it better in this one. I am going for a butcher, more shamanstyle than cook. 

I hate to leave ready minis unpainted, so I will first try to get the last competitions entries painted along with 2 engineers, then I MIGHT make a wizard. I do have a ton of bits for a weird verminlord-project, although I think it might take a whole lot of time, and as it is pretty much the centerpiece of the army, I don't want to hurry it. I have also thought of making an engineer for each engine coven, so I might kitbash together a warlock engineer. We'll see. So, I'm not promising I'll take part, but at least now I've made it clear I MIGHT do something, so I don't have to worry about the "24hrs before" etc if I get inspired and pull one or more all-nighters.

7 hours ago, Kisufisu said:

I hate to leave ready minis unpainted, so I will first try to get the last competitions entries painted along with 2 engineers, then I MIGHT make a wizard. I do have a ton of bits for a weird verminlord-project, although I think it might take a whole lot of time, and as it is pretty much the centerpiece of the army, I don't want to hurry it. I have also thought of making an engineer for each engine coven, so I might kitbash together a warlock engineer. We'll see. So, I'm not promising I'll take part, but at least now I've made it clear I MIGHT do something, so I don't have to worry about the "24hrs before" etc if I get inspired and pull one or more all-nighters.

If you can't resist painting your dude just take a black and white photo.

3 hours ago, flemingmma said:

If you can't resist painting your dude just take a black and white photo.

Ah, I meant I want to paint the assassin and the banner-dude from the last competition before I can make myself convert new heroes :D

• 3 weeks later...

So there's only 3 days left in this month's competition. I've not been supporting it as well as I should have and my gors still haven't arrived, I've knocked out a pair of other quick projects which I'll throw up in the complete projects thread before the end of the day but I hope that you'll all put the weekend to good use and create some sikk looking wizards

Here's what I've been doing instead of supporting the thread btw, I haven't been completely idle.

10 hours ago, flemingmma said:

So there's only 3 days left in this month's competition. I've not been supporting it as well as I should have and my gors still haven't arrived, I've knocked out a pair of other quick projects which I'll throw up in the complete projects thread before the end of the day but I hope that you'll all put the weekend to good use and create some sikk looking wizards

Here's what I've been doing instead of supporting the thread btw, I haven't been completely idle.

Haha I never put your name together with you training mma, that’s awesome! How long have you been training for? I’ve been at it for about 3 years

On 20/04/2018 at 9:14 PM, AthlorianStoners said:

Haha I never put your name together with you training mma, that’s awesome! How long have you been training for? I’ve been at it for about 3 years

All up 5 years although only the last 2 have been particularly serious. I've been fighting for a year, looking to go pro at the end of the year.

Archived