Is Blades of Khorne still a thing?

Carnivore

20 hours ago, Ba5terD said:

So basically more bodies means more wounds. Could work out pretty good, I was thinking about Blood Reavers maybe, or even Blood Letters, because Letters seems just to be better.
I had , and thats true, to make an army of eliute units, that strike hard, but they cost too much in some case.

What I think right now, whether it is worth it, to buy unkts now. I highly trust you guys on that, so I could concider to get that units.
But also in my mind keeps that voice like " Make yourself another tournament army than Khorne."

But there even the question...wich? But therefore Killax had a really good point wich to choose.

I guess I should let the dust sttle a littel bit, maybe I would be much more relaxed then, maybe tomorrow even, cuz' it's friday ;D.
For now I also had a talk with people from my lokal store, and they told me like, they don't see Khorne armies at all reaching the middle section in tournaments. They thought Khorne might just stay behind, because of it's meta and generell playstyle.

everytime i rock up playing my BoK at 2k i run the following

10 blood warriors w/ glave

20+ reavers

30 bloodletters

every.single.time.  I also usually run gore pilgrims because nothing says come at me bro like a 30" bubble of +1 attack and no battleshock. Its usually the only battalion i consider because the point hikes across the board.

Everything else i add is to taste and depending on what you own/need/want. The core has to be bodies. Support this core with hard hitting elements that shore the weakness that your army needs. Flesh hounds for dispel, skull reapers/blood crushers/khorgoraths for hard punch, wrathmongers for counter monster...and a blood thirster never hurts ;).

The biggest thing you can do alos.....and this is in no way meant to be a insult......is to work on the tactics that also shore inherent weakness in the army. Use you big units to zone your opponent and create advancing lanes that you hard hitters can shoot through. Bubble wrap your heros so you can counter charge, ect. Use your blood tithe effectivly each turn...even if you only have it as a threat to keep your opponent weary (it only takes one dbbl attacking turn, for your opponent to be aware of it as an option forever). Keep your eyes on the prize and play some objective games with that in mind. Best of luck!

On 3/8/2018 at 2:35 PM, Ba5terD said:

Hello Ladies & Gentlemen,

I have an inner crisis, that is lelated to the army concept of "Blades of Khorne".

Before Istart to explain, what I would like this topic to be, I wanna say, that i might rant a little bit sometimes.
Nobody shall feel offended in anyway, becasue I will mainly rant about the army itself, units, point values etc., I will never ever personally offend anyone.
But never the less, if someone feels offended in any way, please let me kindly know, I don't mean it.

So I have an inner conflict, because I feel a little betrayed by a named tabletop company, that provided me with the "Blades of Khrone" army.
When I began to collect the army I purely decided due to the generell look of the units, and I did never regret it, even not now.

But when I started playing, even before the GH ever arrived, that army was just ******. But wich army wasn't at this point?
So I am ok with that so far.
Then the GH1 came out, and it went better, because now I only got rofl stomped, when I didn't understand synergies & list building.
So far so good, it was a pretty harsh time, but I learned a lot.

Then the Blades of Khorne book came out, and I was positively surprised. The point value was adjusted due to favor of my favorit units. In generell it felt good to me.
The cost of the battalions especially made my army feel very potent to play, and it was pretty scary to others. I only heavily disagreed with GW's decision about the Blood Thith sytsem to the point, I found the last option senseless.
You could basically bring in a demon unit, for example a Blood Thirster. That would have been a great game changer, if needed, but I had to reserve the points for him.
At least, that's what my local store manager told me.

And then came GH2... .
For me it went just straight downhill from there on. The GH2 in combinations with the FAQs ( like Bloodsecrator can not stack anymore ) just kind of broke the army for me.
To be frank here I mean things like:

1) Bloodsecrator doesn't stack
2) point cost of Bloodcrusher went much too expensive
3) point cost of Skull Reapers went also too high and made them kind of not worth anymore
4) Wrathmongers where in generell too expensive, as they are just hard hitting, fragile glass canons
5) abilities can not be used on the same unit more than one time ( at least my store manger tells me that )
6) battalion cost are now so high, that it is sometimes not really worth taking one anymore, because the rest of the army already needs a high modelcount
etc.

Within the 3 year I play my army now, I have an avergae win rate of 15%. Within the beginning it is normal, but can it be real, that i also used very good lists ( sometimes list build by real pro players ) and I son't have a chance?

How I could summarize BoK now is:

Imagine a dog, that chases a car barking and barking. He wants to get it soooo hard and then... waaaaahrgh. HBut what will the dog do, if he ever catches that car? Nothing, because he would never have thought, he would have come so far.

And that's exactly the thing. When the Secrator basically is done ( and we can only have one now ), if he got SHOT / SNIPED, the army is just kind of done. The barking dogs become little kittens then.

So what i did now is, I gave 90% up on my army. Because it is not fun anymore to be rofl stomped by little armies, that destroy 20% of your forces, before you even arrived in combat. And then destroy more 30% with magic then.
and keep shooting you in combat, because you can not reach the ranged units, because you get distracted by melee units, that also might just grind you to dust ( Retributors, Kurnoths, Saurus Guard, etc )

So I would ask you, who really play BoK themselves, what do you think in generell?
Is it still worth to play them, are they still a thing?

Sorry for my bad english at some point, it is not my natural language, but I give my very best.

I am grateful for your replies & maybe ideas, that get me motivated again.

Cheers///

So you might have lost your stagging ability of having two Bloodsecrator,

But to tell you the truth, that really doesn’t mean that they got worse. 

Blades of Khorne is  maybe one of the only army, which has the ability, to have a chance against most armys.

your playing against tzeentch, and they are trying to sumone the thing which can double the range of the spell,

no problem use the artifact which banns it immediately, and after this, keep some blood tithe points to the side, to do the same thing again and again every turn.

or are you struggling with Beastclaw raider, don’t worry with the bloodtith table and all the buffs from the Bloodsecrator and some Bloodpriest, You will easily roast them to death with some units of 30Bloodletters.

yes you might loose halve of your army, but it will be worth to note, that the Ogor player would have lost his whole army or at least almost all.

and then there are the Battailons.

yes they might not be as cheap as they were ones (oh how I miss my (only 20p) Murderhost?(that’s how I feel, that Bataillon was great))

but be happy that the blades of khorne, atleast have some (and they are very good).

anyways, to tell you the truth a mix of Bloodbound and Daemons of Khorne is sill devastating, and where I life, one of the tournament winning armys.

So cheer up, have a second look in the Battletome, and have fun playing them again??? 

Happy wargaming

Skreech

12 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Blades of Khorne is  maybe one of the only army, which has the ability, to have a chance against most armys.

I agree with this. When  I bring out my Gore Pilgrims, I know win or lose, I'll at least put up a good fight against any list.

4 hours ago, Killax said:

What's perhaps even more important to note is that I feel Age of Sigmar in general comes out of the paint the best at 2000 point games. Anything below that really skews some Allegiances in odd favours. Such as the Destiny Dice usage at 500 points or being able to Ambush your whole army with Legion of Night.

I agree at anything less than 2000 I would avoid allegiance abilities it really throws everything out of whack.

It's really good to know, that you give me support & knowledge here.

I must admit, that I really feel encouraged and motivated again! Thanks to you all B|

1 hour ago, Oreaper84 said:

The biggest thing you can do alos.....and this is in no way meant to be a insult......is to work on the tactics that also shore inherent weakness in the army. Use you big units to zone your opponent and create advancing lanes that you hard hitters can shoot through. Bubble wrap your heros so you can counter charge, ect. Use your blood tithe effectivly each turn...even if you only have it as a threat to keep your opponent weary (it only takes one dbbl attacking turn, for your opponent to be aware of it as an option forever). Keep your eyes on the prize and play some objective games with that in mind. Best of luck!

No worries, that is by no mean an insult :) You're totally right. By rewatching ( can I even use that word in english? ) I really noticed, that I make rough mistakes. So your advice is more then welcome.
Also what others told is absolutely great and helpfull!

So what I will do now is a few steps:

1) Get Bloodletters as standart, that mean minimum 2x30 of them
2) I really like the Bloodthirsters, so I wanna also have one of them ( maybe later 2 ) and give 'em magnets, so I can swap whatever I need
3) MASSIVELY work on my tactics & purpose understanding of my units
4) Ask competent people ( so all of you ) if I struggle with something, but in another topic then :D

So my temporary conclusion is, that BoK might have had some buffs, that are not 100% justified, but they still are worth playing, and by no mean broken.

I already broke the habit, to not take demons, so I am open for that now.

It would be very nice, if we could maybe construct a list, that might be nice.

The tournament has the following rules:

1500 points Army, by using the reference for 1000 points ( so 1 hero, 2 Battleline, 2 Artillery, 2 Behemtohs ).

Before I start, would I have to move that to another topic?

Mortal Khorne can still be strong. Took them to the Blood Tithe event last weekend  and finished with 5 major wins from 5 games. Maybe branch out and try some new things. Khorgoraths and Blood reavers are amazing.

20 hours ago, Carnivore said:

So what I will do now is a few steps:

1) Get Bloodletters as standart, that mean minimum 2x30 of them
2) I really like the Bloodthirsters, so I wanna also have one of them ( maybe later 2 ) and give 'em magnets, so I can swap whatever I need
3) MASSIVELY work on my tactics & purpose understanding of my units
4) Ask competent people ( so all of you ) if I struggle with something, but in another topic then :D

So my temporary conclusion is, that BoK might have had some buffs, that are not 100% justified, but they still are worth playing, and by no mean broken.

I already broke the habit, to not take demons, so I am open for that now.

Great steps! 

1) start with 1x30 see how you like it, especially for 1K and 1.5K it isn't easy to include multiples and/or Bloodthirster so build up slowely. More importantly though, find a scene also that plays 2000 points.
2) Bloodthirsters are awesome, magnetizing them is the best. Out of the three I will say a Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster never dissapoints.
3) Same for me and practically everybody :D !
4) Totally cool with these topics too. Let's chat covers a lot also.

If you are open to the range of your Allegiance your always working to your strenghts. For some it even means to make actively use of their allies too. 

Have fun again! Cheers!

Thank you very much! I aprpeciate all of you help and look forward to get my Army to the next stage :)

The Bloodletters are pretty fun, aslso are Reavers. The big difference seems to be the point of usage of them, and the damage output.
There I see Bloodletters being better, but Bloodreavers are always fun, because the enemy doen't know what'c soming :D

I see Reavers always as a mobile meetgrinder, they are kind of the best unit to buff :)

The Bloodthirsters are going to be a part of my army, and that's for sure! :) Will give them magnets, so I can swap them.
What I will also do is to apply magnets to Wrathmongers / Skullreapers. I already measured it and bought enough 4mm magnets to get it aplied to the hip of each one.
So I can also swap those, if I want to :)

Just feeling so much confident right now!
You are a great community! :)

So if I will gain experience, I am gonna share it with you, in the let's chat topic I guess.  So we can all get our Khorne lists to DOMINATE MUHAHAHAHAHA.

If anything comes up to struggle with, I would encourage all to just post it here, so we can get it further.

I wish all a great weekend!

cheers///

I always have a lot of fun playing with my Khorne army but we always play objective based games with plenty of terrain on the table.

My Khorne Army is composed of:

40 Bloodreavers (depending on the game I'll run them as 2 units of 20)

2 units of 10 Blood Warriors 

30 Bloodletters 

5 Wrathmongers

and all the plastic Bloodbound heroes, I usually pick which ones to use depending on my adversary but the core is always:

Mighty Lord of Khorne

Bloodsecrator with 2 Slaughterpriests for the Gore Pilgrims battalion!

If you want to play mortals but something else than gore pilgrim, try the bloodmarked warband.

It is cheap, it synergize extremely well with the blood tithe, and it's the easiest bataillion to build (1 hero+8 other unit). You can do plenty of different mortal khorne armies with this bataillion, and it's a very fluffy, fun, and efficient one.

I'd say the core of our most competative list is:

WoK BT

30x Letters

Gore Pilgrims

2x Bloodstokers for epic charge

The remaining points are flexible, however I like to get some fast small units like Hounds/Flesh Hounds for mobility and objectives.

Archived