GHB2018 Wishlist

PJetski

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Keldaur said:

My only wish is for prayers to be treated as spells in regards to the rule of only 1 per hero phase with the same name. Looking at the DoK book i can see it happening :)

I hope not, they are different, and more in line with the lore.  why would the gods deny their followers.

One additional rule could be fun:

"Shieldwall

If unit has not charged and each model in the unit is in base to base contact (or within 1") of two other models in the same unit, add one to the save rolls for the models in the unit."

Would be a fun counterbalance on conga lining the units and would look cool on the battlefield.

My wishlist: significant points drop for wight kings, blood knights.  no (or at least, not egregious) points hike for skeletons.  One spell lore for each grand alliance, to be used by mixed faction armies in big games and miscellaneous factions without their own battle tomes / allegiance rules.  Points drop for Royal Warsphinx & necrosphinx.  As with the regular warsphynx the nerf to their wound-halving mechanic was more than enough to bring them in line, they didn't also need to be so much more expensive.  fix up the generic death artefacts and traits to be a little less terrible overall, the 2017 and LoN nerfs were clearly excessive.

I understand GW is trying to move away from soup lists and compendiums and towards new bespoke factions again, but the appeal of just putting it all on the table and playing with it was and is still one of the appeals of AoS for some people, and the excessive nerfs to generic mixed alliance armies go a bit too far in curtailing that sort of play, and in the process can discourage players from expanding collections outside of an individual subfaction.

Granted its a bigger problem for Death than for some others, mixed order still seems fine, but it is a problem with Death and I'd like to see GW ease up on it a bit, and stop punishing players who, in the past, took a chance on buying into one of their more exotic, niche appeal factions.  I get that they weren't popular enough to justify ongoing support, but If this is how they treat legacy tomb kings players now, I'm not sure how they can expect players to feel comfortable taking a chance on, say, Kharadron Overlords.

12 hours ago, Keldaur said:

My only wish is for prayers to be treated as spells in regards to the rule of only 1 per hero phase with the same name. Looking at the DoK book i can see it happening :)

I think this is unlikely to happen due to the Daughters of Khaine. There's no point having multiple statues of Khaine if you can't animate multiple ones.

I think it's more likely that you'll see prayers similar to wizards in the fact it states how many times they can pray each turn (All the Daughters mention that they can choose one of their prayers per turn to attempt).

It is inconsistent, but I think it's yet to be seen if Prayers need the same treatment as spells for rule of one. 

What i would like to see is the warscroll battalions that are made using multiple battalions like the slyaneth gnarlroot battalion not actually cost point but are change to unqiue alligance abbilities like the firestorm one. This would mean they would no- longer grant you items or give you one drop and just give you extra rule if you forfill the certain critrea.

another thing i would like to see are some genric battalion like the 40k detachment. for example you could have a battalion that require 2 battline and a hero and it grants model in that battalion the chance to re-roll a single dice once per game or ignore battleshock once per game

finally i would hope the next general handbook would not only include point but also skrimish renowned and changes or updateds to them for new models etc

One thing I predict will happen is Khorne Mortals (Bloodbound) will recurve a faction wide 6+ ignore damage save. 

Every new or updated faction has an ignore now and thematically I can’t think of a logical reason why the DoK would have Fanatical Faith save and Khorne Mortals wouldn’t have the same.

I mean... the major thing that would make this book be a worthwhile product would be a re-work to summoning. Was that already discussed? Because spending full points cost on reinforcement points isnt cutting the mustard (how does one cut mustard btw..??). I think maybe per round decrease in reinforcement points needed to summon based on the original cost of the unit would be a neat easy way to do it. 120 points for ten plaguebeaers round one, round 2..maybe 100. Round three now it costs 80... something like that. 

Maybe a flat reduction no matter the round.. something because summoning is a really cool mechanic but hardly gets used outside of splitting changebois. 

1 hour ago, CyderPirate said:

Allowing Slaves to Darkness to ally with Monsters of Chaos seems like a reasonable addition to the wishlist, right? Which other faction is supposed to be using warhounds and chimeras (chimarae)?

I use warhounds with Khorne, but I agree 100% Slaves to Darkness should be able to ally with them.

I would like to see the 4 page rules updated.

• Measuring base to base to be acknowledged as the best practice for playing
  • Better definition of rules relating to shooting ( Line of sight, cover , shooting into combat , sniping heroes etc.)
  • Rewritten to be more readable

I'm aware a lot of these points are solved elsewhere but i think they need to be embraced and updated on the official rules sheet. Nothing ground breaking or game changing here, but as someone who regularly introduces new players, it would be nice to have an up to date set of rules to show people. 

Archived