Dread Solstice global campaign strategy room - WEEK 6: DRAKE FOR THE LEAST BAD BAD END?

Double Misfire

Anyone that’s saying “vote eye!!” are either trolls or have read precisely ZERO lore on the topic, and thus have no idea what they’re talking about. This is the war against the dead, not your Saturday morning Cartoons or 300, charging in is the worst option possible.

Sure sitting around might cost a few their lives, but charging in to sack Nagashs Seat of Power? You realize the entire army will be nearly dead or severely weakened by the time they reach Nagashizzar, right? Do you REALLY want our armies to perish simply so you can have a childish “le so epic charge XDXDXDXD!!!!!1!1!” moment? 

Eye is the best option if you want to help Death, simple as that. You’ll literally just be giving your armies to Nagash because you think this is LoTR or something.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, xking said:

Yeah, I don't get why anyone besides death would pick the skull. Nagash is the ultimate backstabber.  The skull is currently in the lead, need more Drake votes.

Drake is this week's trap. It's bashing your head against the brick wall you already hurt yourself trying to break. The key part here is "and renew your assault." Seems like GW's way of going "Let's see if they fall for it twice in a row."

The Eye is at least ****** your enemies over, but likely at the cost of fuelling Nagash further.

The Skull is very obviously the pro-Death and will likely end in 'You' becoming a Knight of Shrouds. 

Why do you even want to attack Nagash?  The lost hours?  That's clearly a result of the rampant chronomantic energies emanating from the Realm of Fire after we fired the time cannon.  That's pretty obvious, right?  And considering you didn't even come within spitting distance of Nagashizzar before losing whole chunks of your armies should have told you how pointless this assault was even if Nagash was to blame, which, again, he clearly isn't.

Listen, Nagash is no betrayer.  This reputation is nothing but lies, fed to you by false gods who have a vested interest in slandering death and subverting the natural order, all to justify their own abhorrent theft of mortal souls from their hard-earned peace in the afterlives of Shyish.  The truth is that Nagash is, above all else, a merciful god.  Why do you think your people are even alive to rescue?  Those pits could have dropped them into a thousand far more lethal underworlds than the Great Oubliette.

Just ask Mannfred von Carstein.  Just ask Tamra ven-Drak.  Ask any of Nagash's servants, and they'll tell you his wellspring of forgiveness is as bottomless as the abyss and as all consuming as the void.  You need only ask for it, and it will be yours.  Come to your senses.  Lay down your arms, beg forgiveness, offer to make recompense for your crimes, and your captured companions will be returned do you.

Drake is leading, but only narrowly. Let's push it on up over the weekend, it's what I'm planning to do at the AoS doubles at Warhammer World (ironically with my partner using Nagash!).

1Pwyj3d.jpg

Final push! Go out an get as many games in as you can. Buy and paint a box of Gryph hounds, six warscrolls in there. ;) 

If we go drake we are either slaughtered and risen, or fight and are victorious. Probably the former.

If we go Skull we serve Nagash. End of story.

If we choose Eye we live to fight another day, our enemies are defeated, and perhaps we’ve lured Nagash into his own trap. There’s plenty of ways in which Nagash still wins here too, 

So yea. Make your choice. History has already been written.

4 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Drake is leading, but only narrowly. Let's push it on up over the weekend, it's what I'm planning to do at the AoS doubles at Warhammer World (ironically with my partner using Nagash!).

1Pwyj3d.jpg

Final push! Go out an get as many games in as you can. Buy and paint a box of Gryph hounds, six warscrolls in there. ;) 

That's my plan too!

I'll be there with my better half who has had an entire 2 games of AoS up to now. Baptism of fire! If you have to play us, please be gentle ;)

On 23/03/2018 at 2:18 PM, AdamR said:

That's my plan too!

I'll be there with my better half who has had an entire 2 games of AoS up to now. Baptism of fire! If you have to play us, please be gentle ;)

Ha, I didn't check the forum all weekend and didn't see this message until now. How did you do? We were on table one for the very last round! :D 

14 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Ha, I didn't check the forum all weekend and didn't see this message until now. How did you do? We were on table one for the very last round! :D 

Not as well as you by the sounds of things! What place did you end up?

Our Saturday was actually ok after buying new dice partway through game 1, and we managed 2 majors.

Sunday was a different story however. The dice just straight up hated us! My Lord Aquilor failed every save he had to make on Sunday! And we didn't win a single priority roll - and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I was worried that rampant bad luck might have spoiled it for Vikki, but she still seemed to have a good time.

9 hours ago, AdamR said:

Not as well as you by the sounds of things! What place did you end up?

Our Saturday was actually ok after buying new dice partway through game 1, and we managed 2 majors.

Sunday was a different story however. The dice just straight up hated us! My Lord Aquilor failed every save he had to make on Sunday! And we didn't win a single priority roll - and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I was worried that rampant bad luck might have spoiled it for Vikki, but she still seemed to have a good time.

Good call on buying the new dice! :D I think we came 18th in the end, not sure though.

I'm going to run through as many skirmish games as I can to hopefully knock Eye out of Drake's way this week but am mostly glad Skull's got no chance of winning. :) 

Can someone describe me what the heck just had happened ?

GW got ideal ending to introduce their "Warhammer Legends" or we actually got a chance to have back old dead heroes of the Old World ? (with emphasasis on old dead duardin kings)

Archived