The Innaugural Monthly Kitbash Competition Thread (participation)

flemingmma

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be taking part if my inspiration doesn't die. I will be making a moulder packmaster, since the normal ones and even the old throt the unclean model don't really stand out from the rest of my army like I feel they should. Gonna try to make him larger and more imposing, with a bigger base to kind of reach the desired "hero" effect. Some parts are unfortunately painted(badly) since I mostly use my childhood minis as fodder for newer stuff. A primer might actually help to make them clearer, though I guess the point was no priming :D

Two things:

Firstly, while rummaging through my bitzbox I came across some nifty parts for a skaven warlord with a standard. Now I don't know if a warlord with a standard equipped is even a thing anymore in AoS, but I've always wanted an army standard bearer, so after the assassin is done, I will also probably kitbash together a skaven warlord/army standard bearer.

Secondly, this:

7 hours ago, flemingmma said:

Those easy to build blood warriors are a great base... gives me an idea for next month :)

I'm not sure what you have in mind and I might be too early to judge, but since this thing started out with a chaos hero, wouldn't it be logical and fair that the next ones are simply "order hero", "death hero", and "destruction hero" in some order? I mean, I probably have bits to build any of those to some fashion, though I'm not even sure if I want to take a break from my rat-men. But it would kind of make sense to give every faction the chance to show their stuff right off the bat, before having different themes for the competition.

4 hours ago, Kisufisu said:

Two things:

Firstly, while rummaging through my bitzbox I came across some nifty parts for a skaven warlord with a standard. Now I don't know if a warlord with a standard equipped is even a thing anymore in AoS, but I've always wanted an army standard bearer, so after the assassin is done, I will also probably kitbash together a skaven warlord/army standard bearer.

Secondly, this:

I'm not sure what you have in mind and I might be too early to judge, but since this thing started out with a chaos hero, wouldn't it be logical and fair that the next ones are simply "order hero", "death hero", and "destruction hero" in some order? I mean, I probably have bits to build any of those to some fashion, though I'm not even sure if I want to take a break from my rat-men. But it would kind of make sense to give every faction the chance to show their stuff right off the bat, before having different themes for the competition.

While going through the 4 ga's was my original idea, the feedback i got was that this might exclude people each month who don't want to make something for an army they won't use. Worry not next month's theme shan't be chaos themed. Everybody will be able to get involved :)

Also go nuts with your standard bearer!

1 hour ago, Pariah said:

I Pariah, mumperpa's new account, pledge to build a chaos hero. (Spoiler alert, I finished today, then read the part about declaring participation 24 hours prior. Guess I have to wait to submit. ?)

Just post it :D

Quick Wip of my undivided sorcerer, luckily had Erthac left pver from my Throgg conversion, cut away his big belly and arms and did a head swap and some gs work. Trying to base it on the old Realm f Chaos sorcerer clutching a sword, Stabb.

0AD16E5B-1DC7-4361-91EB-506DEB11F2EF.jpeg

2E083B5A-7A56-4897-9375-C1BA453E379B.jpeg

Archived