Legions of Nagash FAQ Compilation Thread.

yarrickson

I noticed some really inconsistencies with the way abilities activate. Rules as written vs implied...

For example, a lot of the time, it will say "once per battle", or at "start of turn" or "start of phase"  or some other specific condition.

Other times, it *can be interpreted different.

For example. Curseblade "Before battle round begins... in your hero phase, as long as the enemy hero is on the battlefield, you can roll a dice" Now id play that as "once, at start of your phase, roll a dice and only one dice if hero is alive." But it can be interpreted whilst "hero is alive, you can roll a dice". So you could roll a D6, then check to see if hes alive, then roll a D6, rinse repeat.". Its a bit inconsistent.

I also automatically assumed the summoning at end of movement phase means they miss out on movement. But after thinking it other, it can also be interpreted that movement phase is. pick unit - move it - pick unit - move it -etc. and you keep going until no units left since it says you can only move it once. But, if we get to deploy at end of movement phase, then its not 100% clear whether you can move it or not. (we all assumed its over, but is it?) It should have been stated that the unit cant move, or they should have stated the unit appears at start of shooting phase to clear any possible issues. It can be assumed that they want to do it at end of movement phase to mean you MUST activate your other units first before you can activate your summoned units.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question here considering '' Standard Bearer''

It says : ''Substract 1 from the Bravery Characteristic of enemy units that are within 6'' of any DEATH Standard Bearers''

I assume that even if you have 2 Standard Bearers in a single unit, it doesn't reduce the bravery by 2. BUT If i have a unit of skeleton warrior AND a unit of grave guard (both with a Standard Bearer) both within 6'' of an enemy unit, does it stack and reduce the bravery by 2 ?

I kind of hope it does because I want to maximise the terrorgheist shriek, but it says : ''of any death SB'' so does it mean that the debuff does not stack but just instead cover more ground like in my example above ?  

I'm thinking it's the latter but hope it's the former :P 

54 minutes ago, tmichaux92 said:

Question here considering '' Standard Bearer''

It says : ''Substract 1 from the Bravery Characteristic of enemy units that are within 6'' of any DEATH Standard Bearers''

I assume that even if you have 2 Standard Bearers in a single unit, it doesn't reduce the bravery by 2. BUT If i have a unit of skeleton warrior AND a unit of grave guard (both with a Standard Bearer) both within 6'' of an enemy unit, does it stack and reduce the bravery by 2 ?

I kind of hope it does because I want to maximise the terrorgheist shriek, but it says : ''of any death SB'' so does it mean that the debuff does not stack but just instead cover more ground like in my example above ?  

I'm thinking it's the latter but hope it's the former :P 

No, because the rule triggers when the enemy is within range of "ANY" DEATH banners. Weather its 1 or 100 from all different units, they are still death banners, and any is any.

FAQ's are up boys and girls. No nerfs with the clarifications, unless you were expecting Endless Legions to not cost reinforcement points :D

On other news, we finally have solid evidence that we can take the battalions on other Legions so that's cool.

Edit: I think Deathmarch got a bit worse? Did the units always have to be wholly within 12"? I can't check the book right now.

Sucks about the Mourngul. I was planning on a Colossal Squig and Squig gobba for my goblin army, but I think I'll hold off on any more Forgeworld stuff for stuff that doesn't have a battletome. I'd hate spend even more than I did one the Mourngul and have stuff left on the outside looking in when/if a Moonclan or LoN-like mixed Destruction battletome drops(especially since i think the remaining destruction stuff is ripe for a LoN-syle tome).

Archived