Looks for bits

Major

Hey everyone. So I have bought 8 morghasts, Nagash and some getting started boxes. I wanted to do a pretty heavily thematic basing for the army. As such I was wondering if anyone knows of any bits sites?

I am in need of corpses, models that i can impale on pikes, tombstones, anything that looks like the aftermath of a field of battle basically.

Cheers all.

Cheapest suggestion imo is buying a box of Mantic Zombies, they come with gravestones

UK bitz sites I use are

www.bitzbox.com - Good customer service and quick shipping but a limited range

www.bitsandkits.com - Terrible service, easily a week plus to ship an order but has a massive range and regular restocks

6 hours ago, Lucio said:

Cheapest suggestion imo is buying a box of Mantic Zombies, they come with gravestones

UK bitz sites I use are

www.bitzbox.com - Good customer service and quick shipping but a limited range

www.bitsandkits.com - Terrible service, easily a week plus to ship an order but has a massive range and regular restocks

Wholeheatedly agree. I’ve used bits box many times, always quick and helpful. I just ordered my first time from bits and kits - never again. I was sent my confirmation email. I waited for a “package sent”. None came. Three days later I write them and ask if they’ve sent them. Yes yes, “theyre on their way”. “Cool, can I get a tracking number?” No reply. I write them 3 more times over the next week, no replys. I was about to file a paypal dispute, when they show up in my mailbox, 3 1/2 weeks after I ordered. Horrible company, and if you doubt my words, google them. I’d much rather use ebay for hard to find bits, and bitsbox for everything else. 

I've ordered from Bitzbox a couple of times as well, fast delivery and no problems. Also ordered from Hoard O'Bits, which is good if you need bulk of something (like, all the weapons in a certain kit) but don't do individual bits, also they're in the US so more expensive delivery. Am currently waiting for a shipment from Forbidden Gaming, jury's still out on them.

Ok everyone. So I have everything I need EXCEPT for bodies. Why is it so hard to find dead/dieing bodies and corpses?!?! I am making the base look like a broken freeguild cannon emplacement with one of the crew impaled on a pike, the other laying dead next to it and the last having his life forces drained from him by Nagash.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

On 2/5/2018 at 12:07 AM, GuitaRasmus said:

Wholeheatedly agree. I’ve used bits box many times, always quick and helpful. I just ordered my first time from bits and kits - never again. I was sent my confirmation email. I waited for a “package sent”. None came. Three days later I write them and ask if they’ve sent them. Yes yes, “theyre on their way”. “Cool, can I get a tracking number?” No reply. I write them 3 more times over the next week, no replys. I was about to file a paypal dispute, when they show up in my mailbox, 3 1/2 weeks after I ordered. Horrible company, and if you doubt my words, google them. I’d much rather use ebay for hard to find bits, and bitsbox for everything else. 

I use bitsandkits.co.uk all the time, especially over bitzbox who never seem to have any stock.  I have never had a problem. Must have had 6 or 7 off them in the last 6month. Slowest service was a week to dispatch email but that was during one of their many sales.  Just received a box off them I ordered last week, no problems.  They dont have tracking but it doesnt bother me for a £10 parcel.

I recently used Megabitzshop.com which is German and good for some older kits. Delivered quickly. 

6 hours ago, stato said:

I use bitsandkits.co.uk all the time, especially over bitzbox who never seem to have any stock.  I have never had a problem. Must have had 6 or 7 off them in the last 6month. Slowest service was a week to dispatch email but that was during one of their many sales.  Just received a box off them I ordered last week, no problems.  They dont have tracking but it doesnt bother me for a £10 parcel.

I recently used Megabitzshop.com which is German and good for some older kits. Delivered quickly. 

I guess you're lucky then - try googling them. There are a lot of horror stories about them out there. Bitzbox on the other hand seems flawless, which is also my experience. 

17 hours ago, Major said:

Ok everyone. So I have everything I need EXCEPT for bodies. Why is it so hard to find dead/dieing bodies and corpses?!?! I am making the base look like a broken freeguild cannon emplacement with one of the crew impaled on a pike, the other laying dead next to it and the last having his life forces drained from him by Nagash.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Honestly I'd just cut up normal miniatures unless you want long dead, then buy zombies.

I've got one actual corpse miniature but not 100% where it came from as it was traded from a friend. It's a dead Empire trooper and is definitely a corpse as the back is completely flat

Perhaps you could make a greenstuff mold of a torso and maybe the legs. Or you could invest in some instant mold or another re-usable mold making material. It won't be as detailed as the real thing; but when you push it on to the base and add a bit of gore/mud/etc.  it should look the part. and you get a 'flat' back like the corpse mini you have. If you glue an intact torso to a base it'll stick up pretty high in most case, and you'll need to fill the area underneath it so that it looks believable.

On 2/5/2018 at 12:23 AM, Swooper said:

Am currently waiting for a shipment from Forbidden Gaming, jury's still out on them.

Update on this, got the shipment today, no problems. Except I'm a dumbass and ordered less of some bits than I intended, so I had to place another order... which was actually okay because they restocked something else I needed more of anyway.

Archived