Malign Portents - A Tale of ??? Warlords

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a great pic, but figured I'd share some progress! It's going to be a sprint to finish by Saturday - I've got the Skullcrusher riders, four Warriors and my kitbashed Slaughterpriest to paint. I don't know if I'll finish on time, but hopefully I'll be done by Monday.

MusterProgress.JPG.31ff5586974b8074f2d618ce207f276b.JPG

I managed to finish a Darkoath Chieftain in the same span of time, however.  He'll be joining my Malign Portents force along with the Warqueen.

Darkoath1.JPG.c407a42d7cb7fb097b334b0a8595ad5f.JPG

@ Lysandestolpe, That is a nice armour scheme you have on those Stormcasts.

@Kirjava13, I like the dark red on the Stormfiends armour, what colours did you use?  

@Melcavuk, Sorry to hear that you are pulling out. It is a real shame, your models where looking really great and unique and I was looking forwards to seeming the conversions finished.

While I know I won’t be done by Saturday I will keep going.  One group shot of what i have done so far and then a closer shot of the Gruntas as I am furthest with them.

large.TGA-ATaleOfXWarlords-MalignPortents-WIP.JPG.e7de148c6b6006c04419e9edfb0e235a.JPGlarge.TGA-ATaleOfXWarlords-MalignPortents-GG-WIP.JPG.a790201a662fc62c6e1c870635300a36.JPG

@Trokair wow, thanks man! It's absurdly simple: just Mephiston Red, followed by all the Agrax Earthshade, with a very clumsy edge highlight of... Evil Sunz Scarlett? Wild Rider Red? One of those two, I'd know which if I were looking at the pots. I'm quite satisfied with it, though I try not to examine them too closely...

I like the look of where your boyz' armour is going!

Anyone else feeling slight guilt at not quite being able to finish this in time? Find having a deadline and seeing other people's progress helpful, but falling short sucks! Finish line is in sight, though - hopefully I'll have more done this time next month.

4 hours ago, CJPT said:

Anyone else feeling slight guilt at not quite being able to finish this in time? Find having a deadline and seeing other people's progress helpful, but falling short sucks! Finish line is in sight, though - hopefully I'll have more done this time next month.

But after messing around with this for a year I found that real life deadlines work better or going for a small goal with some stretch goals. Usually I get the goals done and nominate some A’s stretch beforehand and just about get started on those. Pledge fulfilled, happy me, and with me re progress. 

4 hours ago, CJPT said:

I mean, I'm not going to get them finished to their final state but I found that after I did the basing they felt a lot more done. Now it's just going back and doing highlights. 

Plus, my fiancé brought me out snacks and wine to help we get through my late night painting binge (a good cheddar and some pickled onions go a long way).

IMG_9664.JPG.5306b824e28918bd3d511297486d5163.JPG

6 hours ago, CJPT said:

I'm gutted I'm not gonna have my Doomwheel finished but I've managed more than ever before and with that plus the fact that I'm gonna have caught up by the next deadline consoles me.

@Lord Panther damn son, my good lady ain't ever brought me an orange juice while I'm painting, let alone wine ? Envious!

22 hours ago, Kirjava13 said:

@Trokair wow, thanks man! It's absurdly simple: just Mephiston Red, followed by all the Agrax Earthshade, with a very clumsy edge highlight of... Evil Sunz Scarlett? Wild Rider Red? One of those two, I'd know which if I were looking at the pots. I'm quite satisfied with it, though I try not to examine them too closely...

I like the look of where your boyz' armour is going!

Thank you, it is always interesting what differences a wash can make to a base colour.

Done! Just. There's still a few highlights I want to get to. Had to rush out in a gap in the rain to grab some snaps. Have just dropped the models off at the local GW to enter their comp. Will see how that goes.

Pretty stoked with the shaman, he's a fantastic model. Not quite happy with the smoke plume but I've got an idea of how to improve it.

IMG_9681.JPG.a3f816e0da1abef8f415eedb41991f5a.JPG

IMG_9682.JPG.28058ed1411b48468961c699e73df4ee.JPG

IMG_9683.JPG.b336de895a89ee6f7c9fb73cb50e2b25.JPG

IMG_9684.JPG.7d59888fb11aad30c870e7745e7e58d5.JPG

Congratulations on the Gold's  @ZephyrExia and @Lord Panther!

Next challenge is up:

27654698_755662511297211_1776672886622277481_n.jpg.bc32c5a2298b1f323d2458f26dc71d8a.jpg

Obviously for the purposes of the TGA challenge you can convert, choose a different model, or complete some stretch goals as well :D

Going to try and add a squad of Palladors to the mix as well this month, although it's just taken me around two hours to build one and I have six planned for the army... 

Good luck all!

Archived