Destruction presence in masters

Fridge_Opener

4 hours ago, broche said:

So you are left with Ironjawz (pretty good ability), Bonesplitterz (mediocre ability, but good spells) or Beastclaw (i don,t know them at all). 

bcr ability is on a random d6 each turn, and vary between real bad, okay, and good. They rr wounds of 1 otc which is okay. Artefacts are poor. Trait must be spent rerolling the random dice above, as the others are poor. 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The relative lack of "modern" battletomes makes me think that even with GHB updates we won't see serious spikes in power without model releases. I really selfishly want my Ironjawz to get another round of releases, but right now I'd love for anything from Destruction to have a bit more representation at higher levels of play. 

We don't need to win it all, I just want to see us really competing. 

6 minutes ago, Goodapollo4 said:

The relative lack of "modern" battletomes makes me think that even with GHB updates we won't see serious spikes in power without model releases. I really selfishly want my Ironjawz to get another round of releases, but right now I'd love for anything from Destruction to have a bit more representation at higher levels of play. 

We don't need to win it all, I just want to see us really competing. 

We just need more allegiances, points cost reductions across the board and warscroll updates.

Sadly, with the year of death coming around, odds are that it will be GHB2019 before we get the fixes we desperately need, especially Ironjawz given that the warscroll cards have only just been released so updating them a year later isn't likely to happen.

10 hours ago, Malakree said:

We just need more allegiances, points cost reductions across the board and warscroll updates.

Sadly, with the year of death coming around, odds are that it will be GHB2019 before we get the fixes we desperately need, especially Ironjawz given that the warscroll cards have only just been released so updating them a year later isn't likely to happen.

There is still some potential for us to get some goods, a lot of releases can happen in a year and while Nagash will have to get some new toys it wouldn't surprise me at all if destruction and the other allegiances got some releases to counter

Yeah I've resigned myself to planning for narrative fun mainly, as competitive goblins aren't a thing. 

Best we can hope for in the year of death and elves is an awesome bunch of rules for the moonclan shaman and some decent stuff in GHB2018. 

7 minutes ago, Malakree said:

@Sangfroid Dude....did you betray us for stormcast? Is it really that bad... :( 

Hehe I’ve had the Astral Templars for about a year now (did Tomorrow burns, Scgt, 6 nations and Bristol smash as sce last year :-) they are just a side project army (though have about 4600 points painted now......) my fellow Chumps bought a stardrake for my birthday so painted it up and took along. 

Mrs bought me a battleforce box of Kharadrons for Xmas so that’s my side project now SCE are done (except 2 boxes of raptors I’m going to get rid of I think) 

still love the Ironjawz and I think they maybe making an appearance at the next tourney I go too. 

Lord Sangfroid is actually a nasty dark elf character so if they ever get around to releasing an AoS new dark aelf faction..... I will be going all in ?

having 2 armies with all the options (except vanguard) is nice to keep things fresh for club and tourney games, which do I have the most overall fun playing......

#BRUTES every time 

On 1/9/2018 at 9:44 AM, Malakree said:

"Just" !

Yeah the IJ aren't getting anything soon unfortunately.  The Allegiance Abilities in GH17 put paid to them getting a modern battletome with accompanying releases for the time being, which is a shame.  As the flagship faction for the GA they really deserve a proper battletome.

On 1/7/2018 at 5:02 PM, svnvaldez said:

If any of those other armies take first turn they would walk on the objectives and use one unit to horizontal line you with an IP unit 3 inches from your army. They then don't even need to roll dice other than saves and the game is over on objectives.

If your 1 drop you can do it to them instead, albeit with a worse save or try to alpha strike shoot.

I find this way for competitive games to play out abhorrent. Am I a simpleton for wanting less ubiquitous alpha strike vs alpha bunker meta? or is that just the natural way the arms race will go even if they fiddle with quote unquote broken mechanics?

3 hours ago, heywoah_twitch said:

I find this way for competitive games to play out abhorrent. Am I a simpleton for wanting less ubiquitous alpha strike vs alpha bunker meta? or is that just the natural way the arms race will go even if they fiddle with quote unquote broken mechanics?

I hear ya, I think it can be hard to get really excited about where competitive gaming is at right now.  It's not a great look when you get players at the Masters conceding at Turn 2 priority (including Fyreslayers, who would be happy to do a similar thing themselves if they weren't out dropped).  It'll get worse before it gets better too imo...all these Nurgle armies, with their cool new models, and their rapid movement followed by save after save after save.  A whole lot of drudgery.  

The problem (imo) is that these armies aren't designed to win a game of Warhammer.  They're designed to avoid having to actually play one.

Buff up a super unit, pop up in place, pin your enemy there for the rest of the game. 5 turns of no movement and nothing much happening except objective points ticking up in the backfield.  Or out drop your opponent and try to nuke them off the table before they can do that.  You can occassionally have good and interesting games like that, but it's certainly not always the case. 

Will playing whack a mole with Vanguard Wing put an end to it?  I hope so, but I'm not super optimistic.   You'll still have Fyreslayers and Nurgle, Murderhost and KO.  If some people are enjoying those kinds of games then all power to them, but it does seem a bit flat to me compared to the types of games I was having a year ago.

11 hours ago, Garuun said:

Colour me not surprised that I find you here @PlasticCraic, and you keep your dirty ironjawz hands away from my gobbos, moonsniff needs more friends now that the monsters have been put into the display only section

Look who it is!  You on hear to have a sniff around the Nurgle chat?

You given up on your Colossal Squig?  That's a shame, I think you just never had any luck with him.  You gonna hang onto him for if / when a Moonclan book drops?

5 hours ago, heywoah_twitch said:

We probably need to wait till GH3 for real change. Different missions, point changes, and maybe a roll off for first turn instead of lowest drops might help.

2 hours ago, svnvaldez said:

We probably need to wait till GH3 for real change. Different missions, point changes, and maybe a roll off for first turn instead of lowest drops might help.

We allready waited for GH2 for real changes and we got many nerfs like killed battle brew, killed artefacts for mounts (did we have any artefact what work on mount now?), killed main trait for pure destruction.... I think i will drop my 2 destruction army (ironjawz 4k points and beastclaw 2.2k points) till some major changes....

1 hour ago, Imperial said:

We allready waited for GH2 for real changes

We were one of the top dogs during GH1, the StoneRukk was boss.

They swung the nerf bat at us pretty hard but destro will be back. Kunning Rukk is still very viable under GH2 #teleportmeta #movementmeta #hordemeta.

22 minutes ago, svnvaldez said:

They swung the nerf bat at us pretty hard but destro will be back. Kunning Rukk is still very viable under GH2 #teleportmeta #movementmeta #hordemeta.

Nobody is arguing with the viability of rukk lists, the issue is the lack of alternatives. Although a lad did really well with a grot list, finished low 20s I think. So good players will find a way to make things viable. Bit more luck I'd have snuck a qualification too ha

12 minutes ago, svnvaldez said:

Stonehorns deserve nerf, but it was too hard nerf for beastclaws and mounts. Kunnin still very good, but it's 1 formation from all grand alliance... Death now will get book and i think it's will be realy cool, but destruction didnot have any sign for changes before GH3.
In my country i even cant buy bonesplitters, because shops dont want deliver finecast or i need wait half year for listen "Oh sorry! When we bought a new batch of miniatures in GW, it was not available" (

1 hour ago, Imperial said:

Stonehorns deserve nerf, but it was too hard nerf for beastclaws and mounts. Kunnin still very good, but it's 1 formation from all grand alliance... Death now will get book and i think it's will be realy cool, but destruction didnot have any sign for changes before GH3.
In my country i even cant buy bonesplitters, because shops dont want deliver finecast or i need wait half year for listen "Oh sorry! When we bought a new batch of miniatures in GW, it was not available" (

Where do you live mate?

I think Bonesplitterz and Ironjawz are competitive army. Bonesplitterz just finished 2nd and 4th places at last tournament so can't complain here. There must be a good build of Beastclaw raider? Like Thundertusk with 60 gitmob  + shaman as allies?

Archived