Top Tier Units

Erdemo86

Hi guys, what do you think are the best overall units for each faction and why. Yesterday me and a friends were discusing and i wanted to know the overall opinion. So what do you think are the most op/competive or best synergy units of the game?

my opinion on this is:

order: phoenix + wizard stacks/ sisters of the thorn

death: morngul

chaos:  jabberslyte?, bloodletter+ bloodsecrator?

I think best overall unit and most synergistic unit are two totally different things. 

Vulkite Berserkers are maybe the best order unit for what they do and especially for what they cost. High in the running for most efficient standalone unit in the game. 

Stardrake sits in the middle, as it needs support, but is almost insurmountable with buffs. 

Aether-Khemist, maybe, for synergy. There are few more powerful force multipliers that can stay safely out of range and stack with each other. 

Chaos:

Jabberslythe wins for most undercosted monster in AoS.

The entire tzeentch book :P

Death&Destruction:

Nothing really stands out. There are notable units that are good when compared to their own GA stuff, but largely pale in comparison to order and chaos. 

1 hour ago, heywoah_twitch said:

I think best overall unit and most synergistic unit are two totally different things. 

Vulkite Berserkers are maybe the best order unit for what they do and especially for what they cost. High in the running for most efficient standalone unit in the game. 

Stardrake sits in the middle, as it needs support, but is almost insurmountable with buffs. 

Aether-Khemist, maybe, for synergy. There are few more powerful force multipliers that can stay safely out of range and stack with each other. 

Chaos:

Jabberslythe wins for most undercosted monster in AoS.

The entire tzeentch book :P

Death&Destruction:

Nothing really stands out. There are notable units that are good when compared to their own GA stuff, but largely pale in comparison to order and chaos. 

aetherkhemists don't stack any more.

That said, endrinriggers with a buff can kill almost anything and get to anything in the game.

I'll bite. Top Tier units: 

Destruction: Savage Arrer Boyz

Death: none. 

Chaos: Skyfires, Horrors, Jabberslythes, Blood letters, Gaunt Summoner, Sayl the Faithless (still) 

Order: Endrinriggers, Fulminators, Stardrake Lord Celestant, Vulkite Berserkers, 

All: Balewind Vortex

The Anointed on Frostheart Phoenix has always seemed stupidly good to me (the fact High Elf phoenix units kept their signiature 4+ ward save in the transition from WFB to AoS when saves got dramatically worse across the board is rather telling.. )

SKINKS! being able to move 8", charge 2d6", then disengage 8" through the enemy and take an objective is fantastic for a cheap battle line troop. And its legit battleline so you don't need to be running Lizardmen to use them to fill your battleline handicap.

Archived