Malign Portents

Will Myers

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, pseudonyme said:

Vince Venturella theory/wish is that they will destroy space station sigmar :)

It’s possible. Don’t forget, we don’t know the effects of the Necroquake on Azyr. Did it effect the forge and did any of the Stormcast being reforged escape? 

38 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

It’s possible. Don’t forget, we don’t know the effects of the Necroquake on Azyr. Did it effect the forge and did any of the Stormcast being reforged escape? 

You're gonna wanna pick up Soul Wars (the book, as opposed to the game).  No spoilers, just saying. 

7 hours ago, JReynolds said:

You're gonna wanna pick up Soul Wars (the book, as opposed to the game).  No spoilers, just saying. 

Can't wait, normally don't buy limited editions but considering soul wars is 432 pages? Yum. :D Can't wait. 

11 minutes ago, shinros said:

Can't wait, normally don't buy limited editions but considering soul wars is 432 pages? Yum. :D Can't wait. 

It does look very nice. Fair warning, though...I was playing with our dog while signing those signature sheets, so some of them might be a bit...off. 

9 hours ago, Dragobeth said:

Can't wait to read it, so much hype for this.

How much are usually the limited editions? My birthday is june 19th and I'm thinking about some self-present.

All of the limited edition books so far have been £40.  This one does seem a bit thicker than most so it's plausibly a bit more expensive - I've not been disappointed in the couple I've bought :)

The limited editions are normally €55 each, the only time I've seen/paid more was for the recent Eisenhorn 'the magos' and that was €65 but that was well over 600 pages (or there abouts) The last LE AoS book to come out was Neferata  and that was also €55 but at only 200 and something pages, that one was a little disappointing (probably a too strong a word, but you know what I mean) as it felt light- the 40k LEs always seem to be around 300 pages on average for the same price. Quality over quantity though, I just kind of figured we would have gotten a short story or two in Neferata to bump it up to 300, the dance of skulls maybe (As some one that doesn't like ebooks my only access to the shorts are LEs) So I'd be very surprised if they bumped the price up for soul wars.

But honestly at this point, even at €65 I'd pick it up with out hesitation. Hell, I'd pick up a shopping list on a back of an envelop with Josh Reynolds name on the front. 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/06/07/7th-june-the-war-for-soulsgw-homepage-post-2/

Pretty interesting, the nature of souls and being the resident nagash fanboy and my general opinions people should know by now I shall point out this part. 

Nagash, as self-appointed God of Death and Grand Necromancer, lays eventual claim to every single soul in the Mortal Realms as his by right – an arrangement that, during the Age of Myth, was agreed upon by the other gods in Sigmar’s pantheon.

6 minutes ago, ShadowSwordmaster said:

Nagash is a funny character. He expects people to follow his agreements, but only if it suits him. 

Sigmar is a funny guy asking for an alliance while slapping someone across the face. LON makes it clear that the soul-stealing made him really salty since at the same time it weakens him since he can't do his job. I mean stormcast are necessary but sending them of all people to try and broker an agreement? At the end of the day we can blame chaos for the breaking of the last two members of the pantheon going by the everchosen tome. 

Just now, shinros said:

Sigmar is a funny guy asking for an alliance while slapping someone across the face. LON makes it clear that the soul-stealing made him really salty since at the same time it weakens him since he can't do his job. I mean stormcast are necessary but sending them of all people to try and broker an agreement? 

True.

Nagash has to be the saltiest god in Age of Sigmar at this point.  

5 minutes ago, ShadowSwordmaster said:

True.

Nagash has to be the saltiest god in Age of Sigmar at this point.  

Yup, everyone is robbing him blind. (from facebook) essentially he screwed himself over. Nagash is on the right path, no one can be trusted! :D 

34822171_1787223701334413_36863629697986

1 minute ago, ShadowSwordmaster said:

Oh my god. ?

Well it's true, he did it to himself. Let's be real no one would of kept to the agreement when push came to shove, now he is scrambling to recover. Since people going to the underworlds fuels his power. 

4 minutes ago, shinros said:

Well it's true, he did it to himself. Let's be real no one would of kept to the agreement when push came to shove, now he is scrambling to recover. Since people going to the underworlds fuels his power. 

It will be interesting to see what Nagash will do during the Soul Wars.  His time recovering is clearly over and he is just mad now.

It will be interesting to see what Nagash will do during the Soul Wars.  His time recovering is clearly over and he is just mad now.

Oh yeah, that's why I can't wait to read the book because I recall it's going to look at how people view nagash and sigmar. (gotta check the article again)

1 minute ago, shinros said:

Oh yeah, that's why I can't wait to read the book because I recall it's going to look at how people view nagash and sigmar. (gotta check the article again)

Indeed. It will be interesting to see the various viewpoints on those two gods. I know there was some of that in the short story Path to Glory. 

2 minutes ago, ShadowSwordmaster said:

Indeed. It will be interesting to see the various viewpoints on those two gods. I know there was some of that in the short story Path to Glory. 

Yeah, I don't think GW released this article for no reason. They are trying to make it a lot more grey in my opinion. Since I have seen a lot of people say that Nagash has no right to souls and he is throwing a tantrum over nothing since he is not the "death" god of the setting. Now it's official that his job was to look after the underworlds and ensure the souls of the dead go there. 

Just now, shinros said:

Yeah, I don't think GW released this article for no reason. They are trying to make it a lot more grey in my opinion. Since I have seen a lot of people say that Nagash has no right and he is throwing a tantrum over nothing since he is not the "death" god of the setting. Now it's official that his job was to look after the underworlds and ensure the souls of the dead go there. 

It feels nice to have another figure to stand up to Sigmar that is not a Chaos god or lord. The greying of the setting gives a new aspect that we rarely see in some GW products. 

It feels nice to have another figure to stand up to Sigmar that is not a Chaos god or lord. The greying of the setting gives a new aspect that we rarely see in some GW products. 

Yeah and the fact they said on stream follow nagash if you want the end of chaos. Which I feel is nuts, the iron-fisted tyrant is the death of the chaos gods if he gets his way. 

1 minute ago, shinros said:

Yeah and the fact they said on stream follow nagash if you want the end of chaos. Which I feel is nuts, the iron-fisted tyrant is the death of the chaos gods if he gets his way. 

That part was really cool. It shows that GW thought about Nagash and the Grand Alliance of Death's role in the greater universe. I really like how Nagash more or less has a greater plan to deal with the other factions in the Mortal Realms with the Nercoquake and other things.

Archived