Malign Portents

Will Myers

15 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Damn, that's a good one. Good portrayal of Malerion and Morathi, says a lot about their relationship in a short space. A lot of implications too!

- ‘He still thinks the Gladitorium a fine and noble tribute, not realising its true purpose. Besides, the sight of his gilded cretins slaughtering one another is a little gift to myself that will never tarnish.’ That's... a thing.

- 'The Luminous One has no love for Sigmar. Not since that barbarian fool wasted Teclis’ kingly gift on his own short-sighted agenda'. Also a Thing.

So the Gladiatorium is a spying device ;) I was sure Malerion wouldn't make a "free" gift like this. 

I guess Teclis' gift here is related to the Stormcast Eternals creations too.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh indeed, they are game changers I think. With Nagash rather well established after MP, I think we will have a setting with all its main elements established only once Malerion and T&T are released/revealed. And that includes Slaanesh, of course.

Well Teclis did help with the SCE by blinding the chaos gods of what went on in Azyr. Might that be the kingly gift? How else could he make use of that? 

Oh and I am missing Grugni, who actually made the more kingly gifts, before the setting is complete.

6 minutes ago, Turgol said:

Oh indeed, they are game changers I think. With Nagash rather well established after MP, I think we will have a setting with all its main elements established only once Malerion and T&T are released/revealed. And that includes Slaanesh, of course.

I don't think that is it : because he worked the same spell before to hide the Hidden Gloaming where Slaanesh is. So he can do it many times. 

I think we'll get news of that in the Idoneth Battletome ; it will tell us more about Teclis' story in AOS.  

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

A big stadium in Azyr gifted by Malerion to Sigmar, where armies of Stormcast Eternals can train and battle themselves but at the end of the fight, they emerge unharmed (because shadowy illusion magic)

yes, and so from this it's also giving malerion the perfect opportunity to see them fight, asses their weaknesses and strengths and also to get a first hand look at what chamber he's opened.  Batrep TV high fantasy style.

Was Teclis' gift the gift of reforging? I can't remember?

@shinros to the AoS lore Phone...

55 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

It's sure we'll get some, when the BT is released. Look at the stories, the follow closely the Battletome release schedule

Yeah, they'll start teasing the IDK once they're either up for preorder, or probably once they announced as "next week's preorders" and we'll get a story or two then.

1 minute ago, Kaleb Daark said:

yes, and so from this it's also giving malerion the perfect opportunity to see them fight, asses their weaknesses and strengths and also to get a first hand look at what chamber he's opened.  Batrep TV high fantasy style.

Was Teclis' gift the gift of reforging? I can't remember?

@shinros to the AoS lore Phone...

We don't know yet. 

Teclis helped create the spell shielding Azyr from Chaos during the creation of the Stromcast, but Teclis did the same spell to hide Slaanesh location. So he didn't "waste it" on Sigmar. That must be something else we'll learn about in the Idoneth Deepkin BT.

6 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

We don't know yet. 

Teclis helped create the spell shielding Azyr from Chaos during the creation of the Stromcast, but Teclis did the same spell to hide Slaanesh location. So he didn't "waste it" on Sigmar. That must be something else we'll learn about in the Idoneth Deepkin BT.

splendid :)

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

We don't know yet. 

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, when he mentioned wasting the gift I raised my eyebrow. Anyway I want to raise the point what Malerion and Morathi did right there to that soul I would not be suprised to see aelves a part of the slaanesh line up. Once slaanesh get's free why waste it? I think the dark prince would get the jollies over sending aelves against their gods. 

Grungi also gave the sigmar the anvil for reforging and made the lightning bolts that sigmar uses to help his stormcast get around. 

3 minutes ago, shinros said:

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, when he mentioned wasting the gift I raised my eyebrow. Anyway I want to raise the point what Malerion and Morathi did right there to that soul I would not be suprised to see aelves a part of the slaanesh line up. 

Thats how it was in 3rd ed realm of chaos.

9 minutes ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

Sigmar's Grand Alliance is apparently only supported by himself. Grungni had criticisms in Eight Lamentations, The Aelf gods are unhappy, and we all know that Sylvaneth and Seraphon would fight their wars with or without human/Stormcast involvement. 

Pretty much, the nick has said in the LON battletome that sigmar is rather "absent" hence why people are turning to Nagash. I mean if he can protect you from diseases and plagues falling on your head due to nurgle while sigmar does nothing what are people normally going to pick? As Josh said Nagash does not care how he is worshipped as long as he is. 

12 minutes ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

Sigmar's Grand Alliance is apparently only supported by himself. Grungni had criticisms in Eight Lamentations, The Aelf gods are unhappy, and we all know that Sylvaneth and Seraphon would fight their wars with or without human/Stormcast involvement. 

Order is more of a true alliance and not really Sigmars Alliance. Meaning Sigmar is not really the Boss of anyone but his Stormcast (even the Free Cities fealty seems questionable) and everybody in it only contributes as they see fit from their own PoV.

I really prefer it that way, Order being a case of everybody following the same glorious leader would leave a bad taste in my mouth.

5 minutes ago, Turgol said:

What criticism did Grugni have? 

That he expects people to rise to meet him. Essentially he expects people to understand his choices, he does not need to explain himself and he does not dumb things down for the little people. 

Hope that unspoken soul gets out through the other drain. Having a reunion with Teclis would be interesting. While I've enjoyed the story, it does rises few questions that will likely remain unanswered for a while.

One thing about the story that I find curious is Malerion saying the Souls become harder to catch.

As the story illustrates, there is a two part process, one being the extracting of the Soul from Slaanesh and the second catching it. It seems Malerion is specifically refering to the latter.

Add to that this Sould being apparently the first to develope self consciousness before being reshaped and the first to talk and listen and there is something considerably more wonky going on than Slaanesh bringing up more resistance against the extractions.

I see two possibilities:

1) It is the Souls themself that resist the process. Either they are more and more corrupted at their point of extraction or it was mostly the weak and easily shapable that have been extracted so far, with the stronger ones being harder to catch or shape.

2)Nagash has begunn directly medling  with the Elven gods spells and process. He may not yet be strong enough and far along enough with his great work to completely pull the extracted Souls away and claim them for himself, but may have gained enough sufficient power to seriously mess up the process.

Either way, this all implies there is much more to come from this whole matter than each Aelven God having their personally reforged servants and Slaanesh eventually breaking free.

Which is well and good, there should be dire consequences from the hubris of thinking one could just use Souls drawn from inside a Chaos God as one sees fit, even to the likes of the Gods of the Realms.

6 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

One thing about the story that I find curious is Malerion saying the Souls become harder to catch.

As the story illustrates, there is a two part process, one being the extracting of the Soul from Slaanesh and the second catching it. It seems Malerion is specifically refering to the latter.

Add to that this Sould being apparently the first to develope self consciousness before being reshaped and the first to talk and listen and there is something considerably more wonky going on than Slaanesh bringing up more resistance against the extractions.

I see two possibilities:

1) It is the Souls themself that resist the process. Either they are more and more corrupted at their point of extraction or it was mostly the weak and easily shapable that have been extracted so far, with the stronger ones being harder to catch or shape.

2)Nagash has begunn directly medling  with the Elven gods spells and process. He may not yet be strong enough and far along enough with his great work to completely pull the extracted Souls away and claim them for himself, but may have gained enough sufficient power to seriously mess up the process.

Either way, this all implies there is much more to come from this whole matter than each Aelven God having their personally reforged servants and Slaanesh eventually breaking free.

Which is well and good, there should be dire consequences from the hubris of thinking one could just use Souls drawn from inside a Chaos God as one sees fit, even to the likes of the Gods of the Realms.

As I said on reddit and the last page, I would not be surprised that we would see aelves as a part of the line up for the slaanesh release. I think GW would do something like that. Plus they are becoming harder catch the souls as you said. 

Archived