Pictorial Bestiary of the Mortal Realms

Ashendant

8 hours ago, BobbyB said:

ahh incredible, this is the sort of things that gets me excited for AoS, look forward to seeing it expanded with some of the lesser known beasts. If anyone from GW is reading I'd pay through the nose for a book like this

I think the RPG is likely to have an bestiary of some sort at some point.

7 hours ago, Thundercake said:

YESSSSSSS

Glad you like it.

3 hours ago, Soulsmith said:

Nice work. I am fairly certain the last unnamed beast is a squiggly beast, if it's in the hand of a wurrzag.

I'm pretty sure it was, but I had my doubts. Either way moved it.

Any further help would be great.

5 hours ago, MOMUS said:

Do dragons have the same fluff as they did in AoS?

From what I understand they are related to Order Draconis and Order Serpentis so far. Don't remember anything else about them.

22 hours ago, Menkeroth said:

Great work, keep it up!

Thanks! I think that's everything so there isn't anything else to add for a while I think.

1 hour ago, Ashendant said:

Is there art of them in a Age of Sigmar book?

Ahhh I see, so you're only taking pictures from Age of Sigmar material.

I guess the most likely place for that would be in the Grand Alliance Chaos book, but not every faction got artwork. I kinda just assumed they'd look the same as the old world images since they use the same models anyway.

18 hours ago, someone2040 said:

Ahhh I see, so you're only taking pictures from Age of Sigmar material.

I guess the most likely place for that would be in the Grand Alliance Chaos book, but not every faction got artwork. I kinda just assumed they'd look the same as the old world images since they use the same models anyway.

I want it to be exclusive to Age of Sigmar art, even if they share the same model. Of the GA books I only have the previews in War of Sigmar and those aren't really useable.

18 hours ago, skool said:

Fantastic work. Heads up the terrorgheist is a zombie dragon.

Thanks! Removed it.

9 hours ago, OracleOfScales said:

Totally going to check this out!

Thanks!

8 hours ago, Menkeroth said:

There is, as already mentioned, in the GA Chaos book.

7_E88_C73_D_13_DA_49_E3_9758_83_D97_FC2_

I don't have it but I'll add it to the list of art required.

7 hours ago, Bueno said:

Really cool idea. Would be good to get the god beasts in here too.

Godbeasts aren't really fit for this as this is a bestiary, not a character index. I will likely add a similar gallery in the Deity article, containing the Godbeasts

2 hours ago, Ashendant said:

I want it to be exclusive to Age of Sigmar art, even if they share the same model. Of the GA books I only have the previews in War of Sigmar and those aren't really useable.

20 hours ago, skool said:

I have all the GA books, but scanning them all will be a pain. But if you need only artwork, I can try.

1 hour ago, Menkeroth said:

I have all the GA books, but scanning them all will be a pain. But if you need only artwork, I can try.

Well as far as I know artwork wise I'm only missing the Dragon Ogor and the Troggoth image from the GA books. Lorewise the only thing we miss adding from the GAs books are the four lore entries for the Ogors, as everything else is already on War of Sigmar.

I would be grateful for anything you can provide.

7 hours ago, Menkeroth said:

Roger. 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, AshCrow said:

What are the manticore and chimera imgaes from? They seem to be cut from the same picture.

Most images were taken from this blog, and if I remember correctly they are from the same image.

http://wellofeternitypl.blogspot.pt/search/label/artworks

7 hours ago, xking said:

Lexicanum could use an update to the hammerhal page.  

I don't have that much in terms of sources. You are free to join us and update it yourself if you have the source(Real name and CV are optional). If you have any problems or complains I can help you with.

I saw in the Sources you used for your site's link to a List of Creatures of the Mortal Realms (without images) that there are more - big and small - that are mentioned in passing. Perhaps you can even find pix of some and elevate them to the main page? Here they are, in order of appearance.

CITY OF SECRETS :

Sea-Devil

Quarrelfish

Flathorn

Glimmering

Magma Dragon

Razor-Squid

Ghyrek

Bed-Lice

Dream Spinners 

Pilot Fish

Vulture

Kraken

Shark

Whale

Owl

Brass Golem

SHADOW OVER HAMMERHAL GUIDEBOOK:

Moth

Spider

Snake

Worm

Chimera flock

Cinder Giant

Fire Hydra

Fire-Drake

i hope this helps your tremendous effort!

On November 14, 2017 at 7:08 AM, BobbyB said:

ahh incredible, this is the sort of things that gets me excited for AoS, look forward to seeing it expanded with some of the lesser known beasts. If anyone from GW is reading I'd pay through the nose for a book like this

I'd pay thru any opening if they included stats. (And all of them if they made models.)

2 hours ago, MacDuff said:

I saw in the Sources you used for your site's link to a List of Creatures of the Mortal Realms (without images) that there are more - big and small - that are mentioned in passing. Perhaps you can even find pix of some and elevate them to the main page? Here they are, in order of appearance.

CITY OF SECRETS :

SHADOW OVER HAMMERHAL GUIDEBOOK:

i hope this helps your tremendous effort!

You can also request an account and add anything you see missing.

I've added everything to that list and also took the opportunity to remove individual seraphon species, since Seraphon already includes them.

Archived