Wanderers of the Realms: A TGA Community Living Wishlist

Yeled

14 hours ago, Aelfric said:

I too think there are some good ideas there, but I cannot take credit for those you listed as they were originally from @Yeled.  My post was in response to Yeled's list.  It's good to see discussion continue, though, and so many good ideas coming to the fore.  Let's hope somebody out there is listening.

I was mostly replying and agreeing to the fact that most of the stuff he mentions while good ideas aren't really suited for wanderers.

17 hours ago, Yeled said:

And I'm not sure I'm willing to cede all fae other than animals and monsters to the Sylvaneth. The Sylvaneth are tree people. Yes, they have sprites. But none of those other things are related to trees. The key here is to think of Wanderers not as wood elves as D&D and later Warhammer has made them, but rather as a type of fae creature as they were originally back in Tolkien and the legends he drew on. If the Aelves are a fae race, like the sidhe on which they are based, then other fae races would naturally fit with them. Especially in light of waystones and hidden paths and the like.

I'm not really getting that vibe from the little bit of lore we have though. I'm not really getting anything from that except nomadic and ley lines and way stones... but the whole fae thing isn't really in there is it? Which is why I find the whole fae thing better fitting with sylvaneth.

17 hours ago, Yeled said:

This would be quite interesting. I wouldn't combine Wanderers and Sylvaneth, but if they gave Alarielle both Wanderer and Sylvaneth key words and gave her abilities that affected both differently, you'd have a pretty cool model that worked with two separate factions. That would be innovative and could result in a lot of variety in terms of the armies you see. You could even go a step further and make a sort of super faction like Nurgle, Tzeentch, and Khorne. Alarielle at the head of a larger group that has both Wanderer and Sylvaneth would be pretty interesting.

And Kurnous could work for sylvaneth too then.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Aezeal said:

I'm not really getting that vibe from the little bit of lore we have though. I'm not really getting anything from that except nomadic and ley lines and way stones... but the whole fae thing isn't really in there is it? Which is why I find the whole fae thing better fitting with sylvaneth.

Yes, but we're talking about what the Wanderers could be given a full update, not what they are from a tiny blurb from the first AOS book. You wouldn't have predicted the Daughters of Khaine turning it as they did from that small blurb about them, either.

Ley lines and waystones could easily be associated with fae and Faerie with an update to the fluff.

28 minutes ago, Yeled said:

Yes, but we're talking about what the Wanderers could be given a full update, not what they are from a tiny blurb from the first AOS book. You wouldn't have predicted the Daughters of Khaine turning it as they did from that small blurb about them, either.

Ley lines and waystones could easily be associated with fae and Faerie with an update to the fluff.

Yeah that is true. However fae is somewhat generic fantasy.... on the other hand.. not sure what they could do with just nomadic to make something that fits AoS over the top high fantasy. Personally I'd like it if they went wood elves again, combined with fae if they have idea's there to make it less generic (I think wardancers where a somewhat original unit which they squished sadly).

3 hours ago, Aezeal said:

Yeah that is true. However fae is somewhat generic fantasy.... on the other hand.. not sure what they could do with just nomadic to make something that fits AoS over the top high fantasy. Personally I'd like it if they went wood elves again, combined with fae if they have idea's there to make it less generic (I think wardancers where a somewhat original unit which they squished sadly).

I don't know. Yes, fae and mythology are the basis for a lot of what has become generic fantasy, translated through Tolkien and D&D and taken up by the genre in general, but if you return an aspect of fae to their celtic (and maybe norse) roots they become a lot more exceptional and unique. If the fae are creatures of the worlds between the worlds, otherworldly creatures who can enter the eight realms through ley lines and waystones, and the Wanderers are those Aelves who interact with them and have a touch of the fae about them as a result, you create a Wanderer faction more unique to the high fantasy setting of AoS. 

You also could play up the aspect of the Wild Hunt that the Wanderers clearly draw upon, and make the Wild Riders and Orion (a great antlered aelf?) central to the army. Then have skirmishing archers support that and tie fae beasts in. You have a pretty thematic force that would be somewhat like wood elves but also different.

I don't know if these images below capture exactly what I'm thinking. They're just my Wild Riders and my proxy Glade Lord on Great Stag (yes, she's riding a wolf). But there's so much you can do playing off the Wild Rider look and their fey steeds. It would be a shame if they didn't explore turning that up to eleven

image.png.3d2dd544aba207d7f5978ee3b3699709.png

image.png.e167beee3320c67d9e6b0548c97acf12.png

image.png.09b98d106679f5e001816f416dd41c8a.png

Given Orion died in the end times, Alarielle has the spear of Kurnious and she still has the wanderers on their pilgrimage to redeem themselves, is there any chance Orion or another god of the wild hunt will come back to lead the Wanderers ?

Are their any other likely gods/goddesses  who could lead the wanderers into the age of sigmar ?

3 hours ago, Incineroar87 said:

Given Orion died in the end times, Alarielle has the spear of Kurnious and she still has the wanderers on their pilgrimage to redeem themselves, is there any chance Orion or another god of the wild hunt will come back to lead the Wanderers ?

Are their any other likely gods/goddesses  who could lead the wanderers into the age of sigmar ?

The two gods Wood Elves use to worship were Kurnous and Isha which in many elven societies and cities were seen as part of or the same god. Seen that Kurnous died in End Times, Lileath (who is the other wood-ish elves goddess) killed him (so I doubt they will turn to her), Ladrielle went FUUUUUUUU-sion-ahhhh!!!!!!!! with Ariel to give birth to  Alarielle (who banished and forgot us),  they could introduce a lesser god like they are (possibly) introducing with the Idoneth Deepkin and Mathlann, Lord o the Deeps (at least thse are the rumors), but to be honest Idk which one they could introduce, all the other gods are gods worshiped mainly by the former High Elves. But correct me if I am wrong.

What I could indeed see is a plot twist in which Alarielle forgives us and notices all the efforts Wanderers are making efforts to defend the mortal realms in her name so that we will be able (maybe) to use her in a particular battalion.

Or what I can also see (and secretly wishxD) is: the Wanderers will keep on fighting for their beliefs but take the distance from Alarielle and a new "champion" rises (somebody like Araloth) and that they start following his orders and fight in his name instead (a bit like Faramir in LotR who, of course, is fighting for the sake of the human race but rejects the idea of his father being the king). And as I mentioned already, nobody knows where Alith Anar ended up as in end times it is only mentioned: "he has been seen in Athel Loren fighting for the forest", but nowhere is written he is dead. So I can definitely see the return of an old character (like Morathi for DoK) and the creation of a faction around him. 

Oh I forgot Loec, but I thing they will have to reintroduce the Wardencers then and they are Compendium already. So either that or create a new unit (maybe an already mentioned double kit with some fancy rule)

Since lore wise with no gods, they either have to get forgiven by Alarielle or some other mini god will lead them in the upcoming war.  Maybe like all the other elf armies / Sylvaneth they will get reimagined for AOS.  Either of these are the most likely scenarios to happen if they are come to back.

Havent seen any leaks for wanderers being mentioned so we likely will be waiting by a long time.

10 hours ago, Incineroar87 said:

...Fine, okay! I'll do it! ;):P

Haha!

7 hours ago, Incineroar87 said:

Since lore wise with no gods, they either have to get forgiven by Alarielle or some other mini god will lead them in the upcoming war.  Maybe like all the other elf armies / Sylvaneth they will get reimagined for AOS.  Either of these are the most likely scenarios to happen if they are come to back.

Havent seen any leaks for wanderers being mentioned so we likely will be waiting by a long time.

There was a wanderer story right.. abotu a hero... maybe in relation to shadespire? I've not read it.

Wanderers are healers of the Land and maintainers of Balance.  Given that the continued strife and imbalance is as a result of the whims and truculence of Gods, we are better off without one.  Take an animistic approach to the Realms and do not pander to their self-aggrandisement!

6 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

Wanderers are healers of the Land and maintainers of Balance.  Given that the continued strife and imbalance is as a result of the whims and truculence of Gods, we are better off without one.  Take an animistic approach to the Realms and do not pander to their self-aggrandisement!

There are probably spirits of the land... but those will have powers equalling divinities too in AoS... so that would really be the same :D 

4 minutes ago, Aezeal said:

There are probably spirits of the land... but those will have powers equalling divinities too in AoS... so that would really be the same :D 

Except that we have no need to offer worship and fealty to the spirits of the Land, nor do they need that from us; just  healthy respect and a willingness to live as part of the natural order ( with a small o :) ).  

On 07/03/2018 at 6:49 AM, Incineroar87 said:

I'd like to see the Twilight Sisters return as goddesses. They could play up the duality aspect as a theme for the army and give them a cool new forest dragon sculpt to sit on. 

On 3/7/2018 at 1:07 PM, Aezeal said:

There was a wanderer story right.. abotu a hero... maybe in relation to shadespire? I've not read it.

It was an audiobook/audiodrama, and it was pretty decent: The Autumn Prince. Buy it and show GW that there is demand for Wanderers! In the story, Prince Maesa mentions that his special soul-stealing spear was a gift to his tribe from Alarielle; Wanderers are definitely by-and-large worshipers of Alarielle and with the end of the first Season of War campaign many Wanderers have moved into her Living City. I think she has forgiven them, to an extent, and that she is very much the Goddess of the Wanderers and their best chance of getting an update is underneath her banner.  An Orion comeback with Wanderers would be awesome, and Loec showing up with some wardancers would be beyond awesome, but even more unlikely. I could see Wanderers getting a model or two when Sylvaneth next get an update, possibly with a 'Blades of Alarielle' battletome that sets up the Wanderers as officially the 'mortals' of Alarielle and the Sylvaneth as her 'demons,' though that would mean a bit of a shift in the lore. 

1 minute ago, Orsino said:

I'd like to see the Twilight Sisters return as goddesses.

I personally would love to see them return as the new 'incarnation' of Loec (similar somewhat to how they've done Morathi/Khaine)!

10 hours ago, Incineroar87 said:

Actually really love that idea, that would be fitting.  When is  Sylvaneth likely to get another update anyway ?

I doubt anyone has any idea. I would think it would be years and years.

18 hours ago, Orsino said:

I'd like to see the Twilight Sisters return as goddesses. They could play up the duality aspect as a theme for the army and give them a cool new forest dragon sculpt to sit on. 

That would be a nicer idea to toy with than just nomadic aelves.

2 hours ago, Aezeal said:

That would be a nicer idea to toy with than just nomadic aelves.

1 hour ago, Yeled said:

I love the idea of the twilight sisters returning.

Of course there's nothing stopping anyone from adopting this idea as lore for their wanderers army and building around that. That's what I'm doing.

This is what the wish of having new Sisters of Twilight model made me do

IMG_20170425_181422.jpg.8885b0b9397269925f961efc71fd7ae4.jpg

So yes, I would looooooooooove a new model for them, but again, didn't they die in End Times? Or were they among those characters that got seen somewhere during end times but nothing is written about them dying?

5 hours ago, Frozenbeast said:

This is what the wish of having new Sisters of Twilight model made me do

IMG_20170425_181422.jpg.8885b0b9397269925f961efc71fd7ae4.jpg

So yes, I would looooooooooove a new model for them, but again, didn't they die in End Times? Or were they among those characters that got seen somewhere during end times but nothing is written about them dying?

Awesome model.

As to whether or not they died... Does it really matter? GW can probably resurrect whomever they want. All they need is a bit of creative fluff to explain it.  After all, there are plenty of souls being resurrected over and over in AoS.

1 hour ago, Yeled said:

Awesome model.

As to whether or not they died... Does it really matter? GW can probably resurrect whomever they want. All they need is a bit of creative fluff to explain it.  After all, there are plenty of souls being resurrected over and over in AoS.

Idk,personally I like when a story include some deaths , it makes you enjoy the plot and the characters more. So the story can evolve in different ways. But of course they could resurrect who they want; even if seen what is their line of action so far (meaning they have not done that yet so far) I wouldn t be surprised if they decide the dead are the dead.

18 hours ago, Yeled said:

Awesome model.

Not that much good guys being recycled right?

Archived