Gorechosen and Spire of Dawn no longer available

michu

Recently i found out that both Spire of Dawn and Gorechosen are sold out online. I understand Spire of Dawn, because it's old repackaged IoB and moulds wear out, but Gorechosen is a fairly new game and repackaging would be weird. Are there any news?

1 minute ago, BaldoBeardo said:

I would imagine Gorechosen is a little pointless with Shadespire on the way...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Maybe you're right. It would explain also Spire of Dawn as there is Blightwar incoming.

Gorechosen isn't a "Competitive" game in the same sense that Shadespire is. (Shadespire is closer in line with x-wing.)

Gorechosen is a fun blast of a game. Unless it says "no longer available" or "last chance" it may just be out of print temporarily.

Note: Random region sampling seems to indicate that both may be "emptying stocks" .... as they're not available online in a number of countries.

Possibly it's just out of stock. It seems a lot of the time the no longer available gets treated the same.

I'd be rather surprised if Spire of Dawn went away. They just bought it back, including the models into the Swifthawk Agents range. So it wouldn't make sense to remove it again (Unless they're thinking of re-sprueing the kits).

Gorechosen on the other hand, I'm not necessarily surprised about. At the end of the day, it's a board game with existing mini's in it. Dunno if GW do their board game tiles and tokens and stuff in house or not, but I could see it when stock runs out, stock runs out kinda deal (Until they decide to do another print run 5 years down the track).

17 hours ago, michu said:

Recently i found out that both Spire of Dawn and Gorechosen are sold out online. I understand Spire of Dawn, because it's old repackaged IoB and moulds wear out, but Gorechosen is a fairly new game and repackaging would be weird. Are there any news?

Spire of Dawn is still available in Australia, however; Gorechosen is no longer available 

Tried ordering Gorechosen from Firestorm Games a few weeks ago, only to be told that it was 'out of stock with manufacturer' or something to that effect. Seems like maybe they've been running down stock and have kept the last dregs back for the GW online store. Most GW board games have a limited life span. Shame, as I've heard good things about the game and it's a great value way to get those Bloodbound hero models.

Gorechosen is still available on Amazon... a bunch of sellers still have new copies for as low as $54 US.    I live in Los Angeles and I still see it on shelves at independent stores as well.

Even though Shadespire is a different game, there are enough similarities that GW probably wants all the shelf space and potential buyers to go that route.

I saw that Gorechosen was no longer available on the UK site so picked up the last copy on a third party retailer, mainly because it's great value for the heroes inside.

However, I imagine they do a fixed run of these small boxed games then let stock run out. If they weren't selling well when they run out of stock then might not be worth the investment to do another run.

I'm sure other games will come out to fill the void though (fingers crossed).

my guess with spire of dawn is that they sold all the units they had of the printed box / booklet - they probably didn't print that many. I imagine they still have 1000s of sprues from the old starter set and the original tooling. I hope they do bring it back at some point because I meant to buy it but never got round to it!

Archived