Let's chat: Daughters of Khaine

Payce

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Black_Fortress_Immortal said:

Anyone had success with Shadowhammer Compact?  Seems very strong, and allows you to have a low-drop army.

See my post on the previous page.  I'm 2-1 with a shooty, not optimized shadow hammer compact list.  The extra move has proven to be the most useful option so far and ten judicators + five blood stalkers shooting twice can assassinate most things.  The list has a super weird tempo.  It would probably be better without morathi and with a cauldron and more witches, but I'm still in the process of building the army up so I haven't tried it yet.

7 hours ago, Richelieu said:

See my post on the previous page.  I'm 2-1 with a shooty, not optimized shadow hammer compact list.  The extra move has proven to be the most useful option so far and ten judicators + five blood stalkers shooting twice can assassinate most things.  The list has a super weird tempo.  It would probably be better without morathi and with a cauldron and more witches, but I'm still in the process of building the army up so I haven't tried it yet.

Yeah it seems like I'd focus still on buffed up units of witch elves x 20 or 30 strong and rely on the alpha strike, and suicide bomb them with Martyr and with Bucklers,  Catechism of Murder and Mindrazor on them.  Teleport your hag queen up there so they can remain within 8" of your witches who will be up there.

If I teleport a unit of Khenirai Heartrenders with either the Khalibron command trait or as part of a Shadow Patrol, would they get their -2 rend in the same way as dropping from the sky? My reading of things implies they would as in both cases 'set up' is the trigger for the special rule. I wanted to confirm that I didn't miss something. 

27 minutes ago, Aaron Schmidt said:

If I teleport a unit of Khenirai Heartrenders with either the Khalibron command trait or as part of a Shadow Patrol, would they get their -2 rend in the same way as dropping from the sky? My reading of things implies they would as in both cases 'set up' is the trigger for the special rule. I wanted to confirm that I didn't miss something. 

They would get the rend bonus.

I’m having an issue building Morathi where her dress robe doesn’t quite match up its halves perfectly. Iirc someone had this problem earlier in the thread and solved it with green stuff. Any other solutions? I’ve definitely hit an excess of glue trying to fix it.

4 hours ago, Selpharia said:

I’m having an issue building Morathi where her dress robe doesn’t quite match up its halves perfectly. Iirc someone had this problem earlier in the thread and solved it with green stuff. Any other solutions? I’ve definitely hit an excess of glue trying to fix it.

I had to greenstuff a bit on her back/dress :( jeez, for $130 retail, you'd think that the plastic kits would fit together better.

6 hours ago, Selpharia said:

How big is the gap? These kinds of things are a drag. If the gap is less than 1mm, I use thicker CA glue (the good stuff from the hobby store, not cheap super glue). It comes usually with a purple label here in the USA. Apply that to the gap and sand it down once fully dried. Greenstuff works too, but is a little difficult if you aren't used to using the stuff. Again, I'd let it fully set up and sand it down with fine sand paper. Its a lot of work, but once you hit it with primer you'll be happy with the results.  

I've run into problem gaps on several of the GW models, but very few compared to other manufacturers of plastic kits. Like mold line cleaning its part of the hobby. Good luck fixing Morathi up!

I had that issue too, filling the gap with some plastic glue more or less sorted it out.

Given it seems to be a recurring issues I think the problem is that you have to get the hip pieces set properly with the rest of the scales, and then glue the dress in place at the same time whilst there's still some give in the joins to let things sit closely together.  Which is no good if, say, you wanted to leave the dress off to paint in sub-assemblies!

A lot of people seem to be really down on the Blood Stalkers, I've never used them but I'd like to, can someone explain to me what the problem is with them?

From their stats they seem to be amongst the best Aelven archers in the game and are relatively cheap points-wise. What am I missing? 

20 minutes ago, Orsino said:

A lot of people seem to be really down on the Blood Stalkers, I've never used them but I'd like to, can someone explain to me what the problem is with them?

From their stats they seem to be amongst the best Aelven archers in the game and are relatively cheap points-wise. What am I missing? 

5 shots is just too low for a 140 points non-battleline unit, in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

5 shots is just too low for a 140 points non-battleline unit, in my opinion.

160 points.  The unit serves no purpose.  Compared to Judicators they aren't battle line, do less damage and have a worse save for the same cost.  I want to like them, but they just don't do anything.  I can't come up with a single argument why I should include them over any of the other amazing units available.  Even two units of lifetakers would have a bigger game impact for the same price.  

5 hours ago, Richelieu said:

160 points.  The unit serves no purpose.  Compared to Judicators they aren't battle line, do less damage and have a worse save for the same cost.  I want to like them, but they just don't do anything.  I can't come up with a single argument why I should include them over any of the other amazing units available.  Even two units of lifetakers would have a bigger game impact for the same price.  

Yep, they're just the tax for battalions.

Blood Stalkers should be 140 AND Battleline with Medusa General - that would open some nice possibilites but even then they wouldn't be anywhere near auto include but they would be nice alternative to 10 strong Wtiches units as Battleline.  

1 minute ago, Orsino said:

That's a shame, although I really like the look of the models so I may very well play them anyway. Would 10 heartrenders be a more effective shooting option?

Surely they are better but I'd recommend two units of 5 but they are not a strictly shooting unit more like awesome tactical tool. 

8 hours ago, DantePQ said:

Blood Stalkers should be 140 AND Battleline with Medusa General - that would open some nice possibilites but even then they wouldn't be anywhere near auto include but they would be nice alternative to 10 strong Wtiches units as Battleline.  

Even then, they'd never feel good. You'd never be excited to shoot them. What they needed was more damage output, instead of doing A mortal wounds on 6s to hit they should do D3 mortal wounds on 6s to hit. Since they don't have as many wounds as skyfires, don't do d3 damage stock, aren't as fast, have almost no access to buffing ranged to-hit rolls, are worse in melee, and don't have destiny dice, 160pts for that doesn't seem totally unreasonable. Even if they did need a bump to 180 at least they'd be interesting to shoot with.

4 hours ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

Blood stalkers are ok but as the posts above state a bit too pricey. If you take morathi as general they are better because they can shoot in the hero phase. But without morathi they just don’t do enough  unless you really want to take temple nest 

Sure, but then they lose the one thing that makes them unique. Shooting in the Hero phase doesnt cause any mortal wounds.

5 hours ago, BURF1 said:

Even then, they'd never feel good. You'd never be excited to shoot them. What they needed was more damage output, instead of doing A mortal wounds on 6s to hit they should do D3 mortal wounds on 6s to hit. Since they don't have as many wounds as skyfires, don't do d3 damage stock, aren't as fast, have almost no access to buffing ranged to-hit rolls, are worse in melee, and don't have destiny dice, 160pts for that doesn't seem totally unreasonable. Even if they did need a bump to 180 at least they'd be interesting to shoot with.

Maybe but at 140(maybe 120) and possibility Batteline they could find a way into some lists. Sure they wouldn't be anywhere near very strong. I'm looking at potential GH tweaks and they can make them Battleline with Medusa and or reduce cost, they won't change rules for sure.

On 5/8/2018 at 6:46 AM, Selpharia said:

Yeah. I just can’t get the two long dress pieces to fit without coming out of place. I felt like I was missing something obvious, and at this point, the glue deformation is real.

This struggle is real! I lost sleep, and practically glued my hands together, there is posts about this a few pages back. I had exact same problem. I ended up shaving off the excess glue which cut into the dress a bit but started to get a better fit, but still needed to squeeze harder than I could manage so used a pipe wrench to slowly squeeze it together while it glued. From there had to green stuff the gaps, and looks ok after its been primed. I've been sleeping Ok since lol 

So my dad was super duper nice today and bought me Morathi in preparation for our 3v3 grudge match against khorne.

IMG_20180510_190230.jpg.77cc928f840ec8f612fc55d5012f85c1.jpg

One of our team from the last time we did it can't make it so my dad is going to take over my artillery packing freeguild and I'll be bringing out the angry ladies. It's a 1500 point game so I'm thinking of the following list:

Hagg nar

Bloodwrack Shrine: 220

General

-Shadow stone

-Mindrazor

Morathi 480

-mirrordance

Witch hag 60

Witch hag 60

10 Blood sisters 280

10 witch elves 100

10 sisters of slaughter 120

I'm severely limited by what models I have and being on a crappy apprentice wage (aka hordes of witch elves are somewhat of a pipe dream, also I don't wanna paint and move hordes XD) 

Only played these girls twice so still not sure the best ways to run them or best prayers. Wanna try the snakes in a 10 woman unit for buff stacking and also because my 5 women unit got demolished by blood reavers last time I played :( that game against massed reavers did not go well for me. Didn't help my avatar whiffed everything and died XD

Teammates will be shooty & defensive freeguild/ironweld and phoenix temple. One possible idea is put snakes behind pheonix guard line so the guard tank the charges and the snakes slaughter the khorne with their 2" range. I'm hoping morathi will be a great beatstick / distraction carnifex to run around, cause havoc and hopefully lead mazarral the butcher away from my important targets. Or just sit on an objective and refuse to die. Or go bloodsecrator hunting.

Archived