Let's chat: Daughters of Khaine

Payce

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Azurious said:

Presumably slaughter troupe is good in draichi as you get 2 units of witch elves in the bat too, which is rock solid.

If I was gonna do full horde mode DOK(120+ Aelf bodies) I'd definitely go draichi for this exact reason.

10 hours ago, Azurious said:

Presumably slaughter troupe is good in draichi as you get 2 units of witch elves in the bat too, which is rock solid.

Hmmm... I guess adding Witch Aelves to a Slaughter Troupe would indeed be pretty brutal. Still, I would try to add some Blood Sisters to the mix, the sinergy is too obvious to miss.

So, I made a bit of Mathhammer with most of the DoK, and decided to share as I thought someone here might find it interesting:

Spoiler

87F25E6A-1FC9-4153-9DB0-DF1B3FD09A65.jpeg.a97d8d90e4c7f77c15f1a2b3a3b0683d.jpeg

40423E85-A624-4782-8D2B-920263CEF740.jpeg.0191a53ba1ba6de087bd793f24398e6e.jpeg732DB4EF-B2E7-4A21-9AF6-58B090F9D82B.jpeg.fd246d69d92b2ebf7cdd590e3a2d276f.jpeg136AD1E8-C40A-40E9-9194-8EA579D0313F.jpeg.9522e8f984936b62c4ea8434642fe912.jpeg

7E5FEC64-0AD6-49FE-85D9-A0403E295D93.jpeg.46e1181e33729d65e01485e2274dd3c3.jpeg4B7AAB04-F114-4981-88EB-7D2F85AD310F.jpeg.460847f610ebcf22e34975dfca83ab30.jpegF0CF6578-5277-4DB8-AE6E-2D634E1866A5.jpeg.eaf6018f94b73d632eff2f3d9c0bee77.jpegE42410DC-A072-41E5-9239-FA146778D96E.jpeg.73730965d4f4ff574e4e7d9c7e239a60.jpegF7B17A10-8E93-42ED-85C4-BB89A62EF0B4.jpeg.b8c5b47b5e3b35d1d8c91c073ba14ab8.jpeg7A28BB80-910C-4F70-86FF-CB6EACD758EF.jpeg.3392133ec6509a41040151c7bd8fe0a8.jpeg

The Damage column shows the average damage each unit makes against each possible armour save (does not take into account the 1+ armour, sorry) and the Efficiency column shows the damage divided by the point cost and multiplied by 100 to be easier to compare, so it measures if a unit is worth its points based solely on its damage output. 

I was actually quite surprised to see the low efficiency of Morathi on it’s Shadow Queen form, considering she’s a beatstick type of monster, though I guess the Iron Heart of Khaine does make her more expensive and isn’t taken into account there, as well as the gaze of Morathi.

Also, next up I’m planing to run the maths for buffed units to see which benefit more from each (in hopes of finding the anwser to who should I cast Mindrazor to), so I’m going to do the prayers and the spells, but any request for something else or mixed buffs? 

I haven't actually played any games using the cauldron guard yet but yes it does seem strong. I also need to try out Draichi / temple nest.

I have played using Draichi and Bloodsisters - Its more drops and you don't get to repeat the +1 to hit from charging by using the retreat and charge mechanic from slaughter troupe but it is a strong build. Crystal touch on a 3+ is devastaing to Stormcast and other heavy armoured troops + you get synergy with the slaughter queens command ability to allow that unit to pile in and attack twice on the turn you charged - carrying that +1 to a second round of combat. You can take out a stardrake or treelord ancient in 1 turn easy enough with it.

The only thing that lets it down for a multi game tournament build is the resilience. The resilience of a draichi/slaughter troupe build is held in the number of bodies you put on the table and units of sisters decrease that by 33% for the same points (30 witches = 30 wounds, 10 Sisters = 20 wounds)

Still a good build though :)

@Rollcage Avatar comes on a 40mm base. Use whatever you like for friendly games but I would check with the TO before taking a bigger base to a tournament that uses base to base measuring.

On 10/04/2018 at 11:27 AM, Twitch of Izalith said:

I have played using Draichi and Bloodsisters - Its more drops and you don't get to repeat the +1 to hit from charging by using the retreat and charge mechanic from slaughter troupe but it is a strong build. Crystal touch on a 3+ is devastaing to Stormcast and other heavy armoured troops + you get synergy with the slaughter queens command ability to allow that unit to pile in and attack twice on the turn you charged - carrying that +1 to a second round of combat. You can take out a stardrake or treelord ancient in 1 turn easy enough with it.

The slaughter queens command ability allows a DoK unit to pile in and attack in the hero phase, as opposed to twice in the combat phase. It also requires the targeted unit to already be within 3" of an enemy so unfortunately it does not synergise with the draichi +1 to hit buff. 

18 minutes ago, Azurious said:

The slaughter queens command ability allows a DoK unit to pile in and attack in the hero phase, as opposed to twice in the combat phase. It also requires the targeted unit to already be within 3" of an enemy so unfortunately it does not synergise with the draichi +1 to hit buff. 

oops, my bad. I've been playing too much 40k lately and my AoS rules are getting messed up already it seems!!

Actually, I like that the Idoneth are so borderline evil, it makes us look like total good guys in comparison. So no, not planning on allying with them. If I do take allies I'll probably go for Stormcast. Though I can barely fit everything DoK I want into 2000 points at the moment, so allies is not a concern for me yet. :D 

2 minutes ago, GammaMage said:

Actually, I like that the Idoneth are so borderline evil, it makes us look like total good guys in comparison. So no, not planning on allying with them. If I do take allies I'll probably go for Stormcast. Though I can barely fit everything DoK I want into 2000 points at the moment, so allies is not a concern for me yet. :D 

Exactly, with how tight DoK lists are and how we can cover everything we need I don't see myself using allies in a near future, specially since Idoneth don't look like they'll be bringing long range, which is the only thing we kind of lack (but still don't need).

1 hour ago, GammaMage said:

It's interesting, Idoneth seem to have a relatively poor matchup with DoK, with the rules we've seen so far. Their shooting protection is largely wasted and we can negate a lot of THEIR shooting, all of our units will be in combat turn 1 or 2.  Our attacks don't tend to care about 4+ or 5+ saves and the guys with 3+ ignoring rend will likely still die to weight of numbers, we have better average resiliance on turns 2-4, Them being able to attack first in turn 3 means that they'll be mitigating our biggest blood rite boost, but our bloodrite means anything that lives is going to shred them. Sisters of Slaughter can totally bypass their turn 3 shenanigans. But the biggest thing is that they don't seem to have a whole super lot of magic(they definitely have some but not like death or tzeentch. Probably not even as much as nurgle) which means they'll have a hard time stopping mindrazor and their base bravery is relatively low, which means we'll usually be getting the +1 damage.

It's putting the cart before the horse to say anything concrete but if idoneth deepkin crowd out relatively bad DoK matchups (Invincible stardrake stormcast is an example of one at least very frustrating if you don't have -3 rend morathi or blood sisters) and we have a relatively strong match up they could prop us up in the placings a bit. 

7 hours ago, DioRa said:

Any people considering Idoneth allies so far for their DoK armies?

I was holding back too see if there was anything good to ally in. My only thoughts were the eel guys with the +4 save (or +3?) that can't be reduced by rend as an anvil, but still not sure. 

I've used 20 Lifetakers yesterday and loved them. In fact I've used Cauldron Guard battalion (30 Witches with bucklers, 10 with knives, 20 Lifetakers, 5 Lifetakers). I test HaggNarr for now and it was nice addtion to core of my army as I swapped 30 Sisters of Slaughter with bucklers, 10 SoS and 2x5 Heartrenders for 2x10 Witches with knives and 20 +5 Lifetakers . 

It also anwers my issue when HaggNar when I need big units near Slaughter Queen general, as now I don't. Also it's quite flexible way to play them as against certain opponents I can keep them in the air and then deploy in turn 2-3 (with +1 to charge and re-rolls of "1") possibly in a situation when I got a shot at double turn, or just deploy them with the rest of an army to get another big block to buff that has over  22'' average charge reach (with some easy buff like Witchbrew on). 

I've played with some battalions recently as I found out that

a) Shadow Stone of Medusa is awesome 

b) number of drops is an issue sometimes - it's better to have less drops than other multidrop armies - and sometimes I will have less drops then Seraphons which is nice bonus

c) those bonuses are quite good - retreat and charge on a Slaughter Queen and big block of SoS was great for me and +1 to charge and run is great as well, as Witches can capture objecvtives fairly easy and with ability to run&charge they have 19'' charge reach. 

I will be testing out Lifetakers Cauldron Guard army more  tommorow against Changehost and Death/Seraphons.

3 hours ago, GammaMage said:

Waiting to see how you do. Cause I like the Cauldron Guard battalion, but the needed Lifetakers are putting me off a bit as most say they're bad.

After two games (with two more coming  up) I love it ! I mean I use them as substitue to second big block of witches and they could fill that role and then some more. I was all about Heartrenders but they aren't essential - now I don't run them in that army and I don't feel like I'm losing anything - 5 Lifetakers is doing similar things - like landing near objective sure they don't shot and can't takie contested objective as they won't get extra move on 4+ after shooting, but to do this reliably I needed 10 Heartrenders + charge usually, here 5 Lifetakers have greater chance to make that charge attack and clear chaff with more attacks with Dmg2 (especially later on with HaggNar) 

And big unit is great - I can use them as big block and deploy on battlefield and with Martyr's Sacrifice they are tough to handle, or I can keep them in sky and swoop down on key targets, also with double turn they are deadly. Not to mention how devasting they are with Mindrazor. 

I played another game of DoK. I just threw together what I had 1870 points, and that's after splitting 30 witches into 20-10 to make battleline. Hagg Nar with 10 SoS, Caundron General, 10 Blood Sisters, Morathi, a Hag and a Medusa. Two units of 5 lifetakers.

Played a strong Tzeentch list. 30 tzaangors, LoC, 6 skyfires, 6 Enlightened, shaman, gaunt, 10 pinks, 10 blues.

He made me go first, I got off Mindrazor, Sacrament of Blood and Mystic Shield on Morathi.  My shrine had Blessing of Khane all game. He had deployed about 6" back so I couldn't do anything first turn. Then he easily charged me with all 30 mystic shield tzaangors along a big line including 20-10 witches and morathi and got a double turn.

I slaughtered him. His tzaangors didn't have a chance. They saved like 9 damage on their 6+ shields even. My entire army was bubbled around the 5++ and he just couldent break it. Basically I cast a big DoK net and he walked into it. Doesn't matter who's turn it is when you are in the blood orgy of khaine.

The Lifetakers came down, failed charge. they were a complete non-factor. After the Tzaangors were dead, Morathi charged into the heart of their army killing all their horrors and LoC and taking their key objective. 

11 minutes ago, WoollyMammoth said:

Basically I cast a big DoK net and he walked into it. Doesn't matter who's turn it is when you are in the blood orgy of khaine.

Words to live by.  Nice to know that you whooped him despite him having a double turn.  Considering the fragility of Daughters of Khaine, it is not a bad idea to buff up and then have your buffs last for basically three turns.

1 hour ago, DantePQ said:

30550353_1835197206548712_392773184_o.jpg.921fb0e965353ccd3311594eec66f0ee.jpg

Here comes group photo :D

Also from what I've read about ID as for now they are fairly good match up for DoK but we got to see. 

Omg, Dante, are you KIDDING ME?! Those models are insane! Bravo, brother, bravo!

Had another DoK game yesterday.  This is for the first round in a Firestorm campaign.  I was allied with another Order player who had a bunch of Corsairs, handgunners, and cannons.  Okay by me, because he had shooting covered.  In Firestorm you basically have a deck of cards to determine how many points your army gets.  We got really lucky with 1900pts vs  our opponent, who was playing Clan Skyre Skaven and had 1600pts.  We used the war cards to determine the battle and deployment and we had 3 objectives to fight over, the player holding the most at the end of the battle winning, or if a player ever holds 3 at the end of the battleround, they win.

My army was as follows:

Allegiance: Daughters Of Khaine

Leaders
Bloodwrack Medusa (140)
- General
- Trait: Mistress of Illusion
- Artefact: Shadow Stone
- Lore of Shadows: Mindrazor
Hag Queen (60)
- Artefact: Iron Circlet
- Prayer: Blessing of Khaine

Battleline
5 x Blood Sisters (140)
- Daughters of Khaine Battleline (Bloodwrack Medusa General)
5 x Blood Sisters (140)
- Daughters of Khaine Battleline (Bloodwrack Medusa General)
10 x Witch Aelves (100)
- Pairs of Sacrificial Knives

Units
5 x Blood Stalkers (160)
5 x Blood Stalkers (160)

Battalions
Temple Nest (80)

Total: 980 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 61

My ally had a random list made from models he had in his collection (because he is rather new):

Black Ark Fleetmaster
40! Black Ark Corsairs
2 Cannons
20 Freeguild Handgunners
Apprentice Runesmith

I don't remember exactly what the Skaven player had, he had two battalions:
Arch Warlock
3 Poisoned Wind Mortars
3 Ratling Gun Weapon Teams
3 Stormfiends
1 Warlock Engineer
2 Warp Lightning Cannons
2 units of 10 Clanrats

I don't remember the exact Battalion rules, but it gave them a bunch of rerolls for the warp lighting cannons.  His list list was basically mortal wound spam.
We had a weird twist with the war cards that made all of us deploy all at once, and on a 2+ our opponent would take the first turn.  He rolled a 4 and proceeded to go first.
While for the most part we were out of range of each other's shooting, the skaven player managed to do something like 20 mortal wounds to the unit of corsairs and force them to take a horrible battleshock test, leaving my ally with twelve left in the unit. 
Thankfully my Khailebron -1 to shooting helped a bunch.  There was an objective in the center of the board and we each had one in the back of our deployment zones.  Unfortunately for the Skaven player he underestimated the mobility of my DoK units.  Turn two I was already in the middle of the board with my Blood  Sisters and what was left of the Corsairs and Witch Elves (six of them died to mortal wound spam).  He left his objective lightly defended, allowing me to teleport a unit of Blood Sisters back behind his lines.  The Corsairs charged the unit of Stormfiends on turn two, taking out one of them due to our mostly ineffective cannon shots finally finding their mark and wounding them.  My Blood Stalkers spent most of the game sniping his general or dealing mortals to his warp lighting cannons, which earned much of his ire, leaving two alive at the end of the game.  Turn 3 was great, because I managed to buff a unit of Blood Sisters with Blessing of Khaine, Mindrazor, and Witchbrew.  They promptly went through the Stormfiends like hot knives through butter, dealing eight wounds and dealing ten damage to the unit after the Skaven player managed to roll a few sixes.  But let me tell you  it was nice to finally utilize Mindrazor against a low Bravery army and just absolutely murder a unit.
At the end of the 3rd Battleround the Skaven player failed to remove my Blood Sisters from his objective (and I actually outnumbered him, because he shot at me in his shooting phase, preventing him from charging me and getting within 3" of the objective) and as a result the battle went to the forces of Order.

It was a hard fought battle, with our forces weathering heavy mortal wound shooting the whole time.  But once it became apparent that the Skaven player did not even plan on taking the center objective, that's when I teleported into his back line and basically prevented him from winning.  I felt like I played well, although the dice were against us many times, with my ally's inability to shoot cannons (so many ones were rolled : /).

So another win for Daughters of Khaine.  Mobility and playing to win the scenario objectives wins against spammy gunlines every time.

21 hours ago, DantePQ said:
21 hours ago, DantePQ said:

30550353_1835197206548712_392773184_o.jpg.921fb0e965353ccd3311594eec66f0ee.jpg

These are astonishing, Absolutely love these!!! What colors were used? Post more pics of the other units you mentioned when they get done would love to see the blood sisters!! Just absolutely gorgeous paint job wow

Archived