Let's chat: Daughters of Khaine

Payce

10 hours ago, Kramer said:

Haha great response to someone writing English is not his Native language, xD. (no offence meant, just thought it was funny as I had to read it three times to understand it)

No worries, we understood what you meant, and practice is the only way to learn after a certain point. 

I don't think that's her. Could be wrong of course but that looks to me like a generic death hag in front, a statue of Khaine to the left and Morathi in Snake form on the right. With the same spiky helmet as on the model. Also in general.....WHAT A FREAKING BAD-ASS MODEL! Seriously can't wait and starting to regret my 2018 policy of clearing X money amount of models before buying something worth that much. Haha she looks like she's at least 120 clanrats worth :( 

image.png

If you look closely at Morathi in this picture, the helmet she's wearing seems to be covering more of her face  and be more 'helmet' than 'crown' compared to what we've seen of the model.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not impossible there'll be a spare head in the box, but note that the Witch Aelf front and center there also has a headdress which is unlike anything in their kit, the art seldom matches the models one-to-one.

They go into the allegiance ability in the community article, seems fine, nothing game-busting like destiny dice.  I wonder if the musicians for witch aelves/sisters of slaughter will be changed to avoided redundancy with getting to re-roll 1s on charges from turn 2 onwards.

Well I'll be honest deathless minions (but better) is disappointing and I can assure you I will refer to that save unintentionally as deathless minions a lot orz

The power from pain abilities are a nice thematic style but feel kinda weak (only rerolling 1's is a bit ehh, unless most of our units can be buffed to hit on 3's) and in general it feels a bit thin compared to some allegiance abilities. I like the ones where you can pick from options ala bloodlines or skyports. Though we cannot pass judgement yet till we see the full battletome and hoe everything else meshes with it. I could see cauldrons increasing the 6++

Regardless getting previews is nice and I'm looking forward to seeing the others!

12 minutes ago, Lightbox said:

Well I'll be honest deathless minions (but better) is disappointing and I can assure you I will refer to that save unintentionally as deathless minions a lot orz

The power from pain abilities are a nice thematic style but feel kinda weak (only rerolling 1's is a bit ehh, unless most of our units can be buffed to hit on 3's) and in general it feels a bit thin compared to some allegiance abilities. I like the ones where you can pick from options ala bloodlines or skyports. Though we cannot pass judgement yet till we see the full battletome and hoe everything else meshes with it. I could see cauldrons increasing the 6++

Regardless getting previews is nice and I'm looking forward to seeing the others!

Yeah, pretty much every preview would have to be as lackluster as this one for me to even remotely consider NOT buying them.   The WaaC player inside of me might cry a bit, but murder-lady-snake-elves are just too cool.

1 minute ago, Richelieu said:

Yeah, pretty much every preview would have to be as lackluster as this one for me to even remotely consider NOT buying them.   The WaaC player inside of me might cry a bit, but murder-lady-snake-elves are just too cool.

I don't see the problem here. Lightly armoured partly clad she Aelves were never going to be tanks. This faction is (as it always has) gonna take finesse and tactics to play. 

These abilities look very interesting from the point of view of sacrificial allies. It seems like the DoK units will be rewarded for surviving. What might be best to exploit these abilities is tar-pit allied units that will hold off hard hitting enemies, or fast units that can disrupt enemie slines and/or screen the DoK units for turn 1.

And we still have the Cauldron and Bloodwrack Shrine new rules to come and the new units.

15 minutes ago, zedatkinszed said:

I don't see the problem here. Lightly armoured partly clad she Aelves were never going to be tanks. This faction is (as it always has) gonna take finesse and tactics to play. 

These abilities look very interesting from the point of view of sacrificial allies. It seems like the DoK units will be rewarded for surviving. What might be best to exploit these abilities is tar-pit allied units that will hold off hard hitting enemies, or fast units that can disrupt enemie slines and/or screen the DoK units for turn 1.

And we still have the Cauldron and Bloodwrack Shrine new rules to come and the new units.

My problem is less the lack of tankyness and more the fsct they decided to use a death alleigance ability but make it better because they're order. Which kinda ****** further on the non legion death armies and frankly something a bit more unique or different would hsve been nice. At least blood rites are unique (AoS wise at least) though if they're gonna take 40k abilities i feel soulburst might be better for the murder elves

Regardless they're a lovely looking army with cool flavour so I'm grabbing them anyway (plus I'm more of a casual gamer so should be okayish)

I just wish elves could ally with non elves, y'know like the whole free city fluff and grand alleigance thing implies. 

18 minutes ago, zedatkinszed said:

Oh I definitely wasn't complaining about them not being tanky, more that it's just unoriginal.  Heck, I'd be happy if they had zero defenses and overwhelming offense.  True glass cannons.  

29 minutes ago, Yokai said:

Well, there is always the Stormcast Eternals. :P

How dare you...

;)

(It's probably a useful pairing for some anvil units but by goodness do I heavily dislike the stormcast aesthetic... though I do like the slimmer armour look that Naeve has)

35 minutes ago, Richelieu said:

Oh I definitely wasn't complaining about them not being tanky, more that it's just unoriginal.  Heck, I'd be happy if they had zero defenses and overwhelming offense.  True glass cannons.  

Goodness I'd love them to be super glass cannons. Though alas in GW games glass cannon usually means get first turn or lose ;) It's great fun for units but suffers from being too easy to be shot to ******. (though even with not-deathless minions we're still the glass part just lacking the cannon. We at least become glass handguns on turn 5/6 though with about 90% of our army dead XD)

Hopefully witch elves might be made a bit more killy or there will be good ways for us to get that cannon bit we're sorta lacking. We at least have the glass down to a T xD

Weirdly witch aelves as they stand now already get re-roll 1s to hit for free, re-roll charge dice for musicians, re-roll 1s to wound and immune to battleshock from the cauldron, plus a 5++ save from the same, and they don't have armour to re-roll in the first place.   If this allegiance ability is just going to give them what they already have but worse and over the course of the game then the rest of the book is going to need to facilitate some major changes in how the army functions, which in fairness it does kinda sound like what they're going for, we'll see!

Glass canons are just fun I love my Harlequins though they have 4+ invv they are ultra glass but even in competitive games my Ynnari Harlies are awesome and fun to play. 

Witches were mentioned in reveal article to have rules changed so I guess it isn't some minor tweak but pretty serious overhaul. 

Those Sisters of Slaughter could be 3rd build like Mortis Engine one. 

I start to dig Blood Rites a lot could be quite huge when army is build around it. 

1 minute ago, Redbaron said:

A few people on here have mentioned 'deathless minions' relative to the faction rules preview. Can anybody elaborate on what this is, for non death players like myself? Ta!

In GHB 2016 death got their alleigance ability as deathless minions. Aka a 6++ but only whilst within 10" of a hero. GHB2017 reduced it to a 6" radius. So the daughters of khaine one is technically waaay better because it doesn't require heroes. Which is kinda upsetting to us death players who still only get it near heroes (at least other legion rules look fun)

6 minutes ago, BURF1 said:

Compared to the 'reroll battleshock if within 6" of a hero' they have now? And DoK ARE a horde army so I don't get what your point was there either.

Glad to know that you know what kind of an army they are with new rules. Last time I checked Battletome is releasing in two weeks. 

Also if you compare them to what they are now then good luck to you. I'd rather compare their Allegiance abilities to those armies with post GH 2016 Battletomes. 

27 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

Weirdly witch aelves as they stand now already get re-roll 1s to hit for free, re-roll charge dice for musicians, re-roll 1s to wound and immune to battleshock from the cauldron, plus a 5++ save from the same, and they don't have armour to re-roll in the first place.   If this allegiance ability is just going to give them what they already have but worse and over the course of the game then the rest of the book is going to need to facilitate some major changes in how the army functions, which in fairness it does kinda sound like what they're going for, we'll see!

A battletome that makes major changes to the way an army works? *le gasp!* lol

It's way too early to make any real speculation as to the overall functionality of the army, let alone the power level. Look at the death book, before LoN dropped death players had all the new warscrolls and most of the new allegiance abilities, spells, and relics and people STILL were hilariously off in regards to the form and function of LoN armies. Within a week the majority of the grumbling turned into list building and game playing as people came to realize that it was actually a pretty great, if conservative, book. 

TLDR: We won't know how the army works or how good it is until the battletome leaks sometime next week, the previews are fun but not enough to draw meaningful conclusions.

2 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

I'd rather compare their Allegiance abilities to those armies with post GH 2016 Battletomes. 

Glad to know you know what kind of an army they are with seeing only (part?)  of the new allegiance abilities. Last time I checked Battletome is releasing in two weeks (although it's going to be this weekend based on the sunday article. 

But all kidding aside. Let's not be negative before you see the whole thing. The Nurgle wheel doesn't seem much without the context... with the rust of the rules that interact with it, etc etc. 

Archived