You just gotta love Skirmish

1 hour ago, bsharitt said:

Has anyone been playing 3-4 player Skirmish? If so, how did you do it? I've been considering teams, free for all or adapting triumph and treachary.

We tried it a couple if times.

One time we played Clash at Dawn with 4 warbands. HEAVY on scenery and ruins. We used the triumph and treachery rules from GHB. It was lots of fun. At one point my great sword Knight sir Ian Galas chased a spirit host out of a graveyard and around a corner. There he was brutally gunned down by a bunch of sky pirate dwarfs just waiting for him. Great fun.

Another multplayer game was also based on the Clash at Dawn. However this time we placed a daemon Prince of Nurgle in the middle and no models could deploy within 12". I tool control of the daemon Prince and the mission was simple. The warband making the killing blow on the daemon would win a major victory.

not saying these battles were the most balanced games, but everyone had loads of fun. BTW. Having your henchmen chased by a daemon Prince puts everyone one the edge.

1 hour ago, bsharitt said:

Has anyone been playing 3-4 player Skirmish? If so, how did you do it? I've been considering teams, free for all or adapting triumph and treachary.

When I played 4 player skirmish we decided to just roll-off for initiative and keep it fixed for the whole game because it could get so complicated and leave people out of the game for a long time. The only other modification we made was that in the combat phase we only played combats involving that players units

I have found 3 player games of Treasure Hunt or Seize the Relic (use a semicircular wall) to be much more enjoyable than the pure battle of Clash at Dawn. Objectives give you a reason not to devolve everything into a melee. 

7 hours ago, bsharitt said:

If it's a unit, don't you also divide by the number of models in the unit?

Yes, since Skirmish uses individual models instead of whole units at a time, you have to divide the unit cost with the minimum number of models first to get the points cost of the individual model, before dividing by five to get the reknown cost.

2 hours ago, erasercrumbs said:

One of my favorite aspects of Skirmish is how it practically invites you to come up with crazy house rules.  One of my favorites is something we named 'Splodey Goblin,' in which a grot with a bomb on his back appears every turn to makes things interesting.  

Wtf?! Thos sounds interessting. Please explain how and why?

I've had this idea in the back of my mind for a while to roll up some warbands using the original Realm of Chaos rules from 3rd ed, then sub in some suitable warscrolls and house rule the mutations and gifts. Anyone tried something similar?

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/08/2017 at 0:38 PM, Moldek said:

I live there !

On 28/08/2017 at 2:39 PM, AGPO said:

Awesome, I moved here recently! We should sort a game some time.

@Moldek @AGPO Guys, we have a strong AoS community building in Paris, very competitive with lots of tournaments.

Just stop by "Waaagh Taverne" a hobby store in 6th and you'll find many welcoming players.

See you there !

16 minutes ago, TomTheHobbit said:

for those wanting help with calculating renown costs, I made a Skirmish Roster that allows you to use drop down's to filter your choices and have it ready to game with in a matter of minutes! you can get the link in my signature!

Unfortunately, the signatures do not show in mobile. :(

1 hour ago, Peegee said:

@Moldek @AGPO Guys, we have a strong AoS community building in Paris, very competitive with lots of tournaments.

Just stop by "Waaagh Taverne" a hobby store in 6th and you'll find many welcoming players.

See you there !

Well I know what I'm doing with my day off next week! Do you guys have regular games nights?

1 hour ago, AGPO said:

Well I know what I'm doing with my day off next week! Do you guys have regular games nights?

We have a Facebook Messenger group to schedule games. I can invite you in the conversation if you'd like (PM me your FB name).

No regular days, the store is open 7 days a week and till pretty late.

We have a double-team tournament at the end of the month (2 x 1000 pts) and a big 2000 pts one nearby Paris early November.

Archived