Alliances % at Heat 3

A little bit of fun:

so what the % number Alliances at Heat 3 this weekend?

I'm going for

Order 35% and they will take 1st

Chaos 40% and they take 2rd

Destruction 15% and will they will take 3rd

Death 10% and they will 6th with Tomb kings (Rob Perrin), next Death army 17th

:) happy days

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, Dan.Ford said:

So 88 army lists one with one alliance listed

Chaos 30 (came in 6th)

Order 27 (came in 2rd,3rd and 4th)

Destruction 15 ( Came in 1st and 5th)

Death 15 ( came in 18th )

Any idea what the order lists were? anything but Stormcasts?

I do feel a bit vindicated about the Death result. So many people were flipping out about how fundamentally broken TK are after the UK Masters, and here we see Death continuing to show poorly despite no TK nerfs. Still too few tournaments to be  certain of anything, but I'd say the evidence of TK needed a severe nerf is now outweighed by the evidence against such a claim (assuming the above totals are correct, of course).

2 hours ago, swarmofseals said:

I do feel a bit vindicated about the Death result. So many people were flipping out about how fundamentally broken TK are after the UK Masters, and here we see Death continuing to show poorly despite no TK nerfs. Still too few tournaments to be  certain of anything, but I'd say the evidence of TK needed a severe nerf is now outweighed by the evidence against such a claim (assuming the above totals are correct, of course).

Unsure on the list, but I believe 2nd place was Kharadron.

7 hours ago, swarmofseals said:

Second place was Gary P with Kharadron Overlords with the drop ship and Endrinriggers trick. I'm not sure about third place but forth was Element Game's Byron with a mostly Aelf list (Dragon, Dragon Blades, Frosties and some Glade Guard shooting with a Stormcast Heraldor).

I didn't get chance to follow much coverage but what I saw was a nice mixture of things and what seems to be a fantastic weekend. I'm gutted I couldn't make it!

7 hours ago, swarmofseals said:

Not sure I agree with that. Don't think people were saying Tomb Kings were broken but some of their units were very cheap. Plus Russ (who won the masters), is an amazing player.

Rob came in at 31 with his Tomb Kings list and he was at the Masters.

The Meta has changed, multiple of low wounds characters that are super important to army lists ,WILL get shoot off in a turn now .

Death is effected the most by this, and it has been proven by some big events , like scgt and heat 3.

But GW know this and GHB2 will help. (I believe)

4 minutes ago, Imperial said:

Oh... so Beastclaw and Kunnin Rukk

He got 2 favourite game votes so it cant have been that filthy xD

As an aside, you dont get 10 points per vote do you? just an extra 10 if you got any vote or painting nomination?

Just re-read the pack, its just for best army, not best game.

41 minutes ago, Imperial said:

1 Squigs

Kharadron Overlords

Sythaneth

High Elves

5 ?

I'm a bit confused.  What is the #1 list there?  Squigs?  I really, really, really, hope that "Squigs" means Squigs but I can't believe it.  Can someone expand a bit on the #1 Squigs list for me? :D 

6 minutes ago, Kamose said:

Can someone expand a bit on the #1 Squigs list for me?

From what I can recall of the video, he was running 2(?) mangler squigs, a forgeworld colossal squig, a couple of units of squigs and squig herders backed up by a couple of large units of grots.

one or two grot shamans in there too.

1 minute ago, Dead_Ghost said:

From what I can recall of the video, he was running 2(?) mangler squigs, a forgeworld colossal squig, a couple of units of squigs and squig herders backed up by a couple of large units of grots.

In game vs Ironjawz i saw 3 Grot Fanatics

6 minutes ago, Dead_Ghost said:

@Kamose you can see the models in his army via twitter here.

Looks like fanatics (as per @Imperial 's suggestion) along with skarsnik and gobbla too.

So based on photo list was like this:
Allegiance: Destruction

Heroes
Skarsnik, Warlord Of The Eight Peaks (100)
Moonclan Grot Shaman (60)
Moonclan Grot Shaman (60)

Battleline
20 x Moonclan Grots (120)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields 

Units
1 x Grot Fanatics (30)
1 x Grot Fanatics (30)