New nighthaunt spotted. !!!!!

Dracothjay

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That looks sweet, and I too think it may well be part of a new battleline unit. It doesn't really "feel" like an independent character model. 

Of course, the other option is that it's a Shadespire miniature, though I'm being optimistic and hoping not

The new black coach looks amazing

tumblr_p8mfajdlrM1woua6zo1_1280.png

A great model, though I don't like how much it hangs off its base.  If I end up getting one of these, I might have to swap its base out for one of the bigger knight titan oval bases, as I did for my mortis engine.

plus a bunch of stuff from the warhammer fest coverage (link)

Spoiler

WHfestLiveBlog-AoSProduct1rb.jpg

WHfestLiveBlog-AoSProduct13nykw.jpg

WHfestLiveBlog-AoSProduct12kw.jpg

WHfestLiveBlog-AoSProduct7sb.jpg

WHfestLiveBlog-AoSProduct4ry.jpg

WHfestLiveBlog-AoSProduct5vr.jpg

So in addition to the black coach, we've got some new heroes (mounted knight of shrouds, noose guy, padlocks guy), a new 5 model multipart dual kit that makes either cairn wraiths (same overall design as the old model, but rushing forward with a more aggressive pose) or anew semi-bestial wraith unit with spiney backs and... horse skulls for heads, I guess?  Kind of silly, but still pretty cool.  EDIT: two separate kits, not a dual kit.  And then what is clearly a new battleline infantry unit of infantry ghosties.  I love the champion/banner/whatever with the candelabra.  Plus I think there were new banshees shown somewhere?  and maybe some other new cavalry

This is at least two or three more new kits than I had personally expected from this release, so I'm one happy camper.  Plus, there is a better-than-zero chance that the starter box of the new edition will be stormcasts vs nighthaunt, and if that actually happens then it should be easy to get a bunch of the new infantry together to quickly start or expand a ghosty army.

I love all the models, but my favorite so far is definitely the mounted knight of shrouds.  The model jut looks freaking fantastic, I absolutely love it.

I've been a bit bummed out about AoS ever since the Warhammer Legends announcement, which essentially means that oldhammer armies, including my tomb kings, are going to be functionally removed from the game via the removal of their points values.  But between the bits we're hearing about the new edition (heroes other than your general can use command abilities, which gives a new lease on life to units like wight kings and, relevantly, knights of shrouds; no shooting out of combat; expanded magic rules; etc) and the nighthaunt announcement I'm definitely feeling excited again.

I got into death via the Knight of Shrouds and Nighthaunt. Finished a tormented spirits and nearly done a Blades of the Bloodqueen box. Was wondering what to expand into next....guess they just decided for me. Maximum hype.

They also have two new ghost themed technical paints, as if spooky bois werent easy enough already :D

2nd time mention, so you`re really desperate for someone to make the decision for you, right?

I`d say don`t do it,,,never change, change is always bad!

Ah and they`re stressing the ghost theme too much,,,,I mean a few ghostly units; sure,,,, but a whole army,,,,,,,too much

As I remember at the fest, there were:

A Banshee unit of 5/4

New skellyghost troops

rat/horse ghosts

2/3 ghosts horses with ghost riders

keldrek on horse

new blac coach, 

executioner hero

wizard/banner bearer hero

cairn wraith troops

weird vase holder guy

hangman ghost