GH2017 - Bonesplitterz Discussion

bonzai

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Malakree said:

Difference is that the gargant doesn't take up a hero slot and if you are after something to die, so you can get the +1 on your Morboys, then a gargant or two is a cheap and effective way to get it. In that regard the added survivability of the wyvern is actually a negative not a positive :D 

True, but i find counterproductive to pay point for a model that i want dying. It's also easier to ignore the giant (he is less threatening). If you're opponent really don't want you to get the +1 to hit he can just ignore him.  If he find it anoying then he can just easily kill him.  Also considering the fact that you get the +1 by killing an opposing monster, i find it hard to justify him at 170 pts... I would rather go for Mangler squig at 240, at least he hit for real!

But model look nice, he is fun to play in more casual game ;)

I played Wyvern last night and it was much more amazing than Giant. With Mystic Shield, Kunnin Beast Spirit and re-rolls from Boss Shield he is really survivable. The re-rolls give a lot, I didn’t imagine.

My morboyz were waiting just behind wyvern waiting for it to die, but it was not possible for 2 rounds of combat with 3 Stormvermin and some other rats! 

But the MVP were again Big Stabbas flying 15” on Hand of Gork. Chewing one unit after another, and getting to enemy lines in 2 turns.

people still think Arrerboyz are the only threat in our army and concentrate all their firepower on those poor ******;)

Big Wurrgog mask again failed killing my Wardokk. But fortunately we were playing Malign Portents scenario in Shyish and the guy came back from dead the next turn.

PS. Malign Portents are great - play it while the campaign lasts!

A98E6424-B44E-4DC9-BE33-D698B73F6B10.jpeg

B566925E-1441-4CBB-9815-294C64534164.jpeg

A20FD8FA-B019-4A3A-88F4-B062BC897A02.jpeg

87E13FB0-B5F9-4817-A9BC-D4054A8751BA.jpeg

895E6EC4-BAAE-4936-BFC1-41D8B049DA4F.jpeg

B534BEBA-80E6-4072-AFF0-ACC3EF05B597.jpeg

C9156D05-2241-46E7-A597-57A501684E23.jpeg

On 2/22/2018 at 9:17 AM, Mikeymajq said:

Any good models to count-as wyvern? 

It's a finecast model and a big one at that = huge no no for me. :P

There is a Mierce promo on at the moment to buy one, get one free on monsters.  

I prefer their sculpt anyway (GW one looks pretty dated imo), and you can choose which weapon loadout.  This link is the one with choppa and shield, whereas I believe the GW kit is only two choppas?  Minor conversion work, but still...

http://mierce-miniatures.com/index.php?act=pro&pre=mrm_blg_bnl_cha_045_000

Apparently their resin is awesome and very detailed (never bought it myself, but had it recommended by friends).  I'm interested to hear what others think of Mierce resin if they have direct experience with it?

They also have some very cool Orc Shamans which would make nice alternatives to multiple identical Wardokks:

http://mierce-miniatures.com/index.php?act=pro&pre=mrm_blg_bnl_cha_048_000

http://mierce-miniatures.com/index.php?act=pro&pre=mrm_blg_bnl_cha_050_000

http://mierce-miniatures.com/index.php?act=pro&pre=mrm_blg_bnl_cha_011_000

On 2/22/2018 at 10:54 AM, Mikeymajq said:

How many big stabbas do you run? :)

Can I get away with a unit of 4, or do I need more?

I run 4. 2 from sets, 2 custom made. I would run more if it was not so hard to build them.

the list:

Allegiance: Bonesplitterz

Leaders
Maniak Weirdnob (120)

- Kunnin Beast spirit

Savage Big Boss (120)
- General
- Stonecleava
- Trait: Squirmy Warpaint  
Wardokk (100)
- Artefact: Big Wurrgog Mask  
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Hand of Gork or Mork
Wardokk (100)
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Brutal Beast Spirits
Wurrgog Prophet (140)
- Artefact: Mystic Waaagh! Paint  
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Squiggly Curse
Orruk Warboss On Wyvern(240)

Battleline
10 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys(120)
-  Bonesplitterz Battleline
30 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys(360)
20 x Savage Orruk Morboys(240)

Units
4 x Savage Big Stabbas (200)

Battalions
Kunnin' Rukk (160)

Scenery
Balewind Vortex (100)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 174

Strategy is pretty simple:

****** the Rukk... throw arrow boys in the middle and let them shoot what they can. Hand of Gork and Brutal Beast they last 2-3 turns

other bait is the Wyvern - Kunnin Beast Spirit and Mystic Shield. Boss shield

helps him survive 2 rounds at least. He is for taking objectives and hunting small heroes, warmachines.

and meanwhile Morboys wait on objectives( or screening) for Wyvern to die.

Big Stabbas sneak from the side on hand of gork from turn 2 and kill what is in their way(brutal beast, hand of gork).

Wurrgog snipes on Vortex small heroes with arcane bolt and squigly curse, getting additional +1 from changing opponents to squigs. In one moment if near arcane he has autocast arcane bolt and 3+ squigly curse.

a lot of magic, a lot of fun. Not going to win tournaments with alpha strikers though

4 hours ago, Hot Peanut said:

Hi , I have a question , I read in another topic that with the kunnin rukk the arrowboys can do another shot with 5s and 6s, is that correct?

I thought they only can do extra shots with a 6.

thanks for the help.

Yep, and you can give them +1 to Hit from Brutal Beast Spirits so 5s become 6s.

Maybe Damned Terrain too.

I have been running 6 big stabbas since GHB17 landed and I have to say it will be hard to go back to not having them. If I could work out the points I would run all 8 that I own, unfortunately 2 have to stay in the case

On 2/22/2018 at 7:58 PM, Furious said:

I'm also curious about your big stabba usage. How do they do? Do they tend to get shot to death?

My experience has been that some games yes they get shot up and do very little. However in those games you just have to accept that other things were not being shot at. 

In the games where they do not get shot they are just so much fun. Get Brutal Beast Spirits on them and they are way better. Their 3" reach makes it so easy to get them all in to effective range even behind a screen of something else. My favorite trick is to set up a screen of Orruks to act as alpha strike chaff, put the stikkas behind so they are in combat when the screen is charged and wait. Remembering the Prophets command ability you can have 3 rounds of combat with them in 2 turns. 36 attacks at rend 2 and 3 damage. I played a Sylvaneth Alarielle list last week and after 2 turns of being shot at 4 made it into contact with Alarielle, supported by the remenants of 2 units of boar boys. The boars never got to attack as the 4 stikkas killed her from full to dead, first shot.

@meet.the.doctor I love that you are using the Wyvern, its not a model I own and keep thinking I may pick it up.

What would you guys run at 1k pts?

I'm slowly crawling up from 500 to 1k. After losing every single game at such low pts I was discouraged to continue the army, but now I'm feeling that savage whaaag again and got a box of 20 more boys. 

I sort of done goofed as I also bought an old box of 10 boys (super cheap) to get my numbers up, but now Everytime I get a box of 20 and build the big stabbas I will have 5 boys left over xD

9 minutes ago, Mikeymajq said:

What would you guys run at 1k pts?

I'm slowly crawling up from 500 to 1k. After losing every single game at such low pts I was discouraged to continue the army, but now I'm feeling that savage whaaag again and got a box of 20 more boys. 

I sort of done goofed as I also bought an old box of 10 boys (super cheap) to get my numbers up, but now Everytime I get a box of 20 and build the big stabbas I will have 5 boys left over xD

I would be tempted to try something like

Allegiance: Destruction

Leaders
Wurrgog Prophet (140)
- General
- Trait: Squirmy Warpaint 
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Squiggly Curse
Wardokk (100)
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Hand of Gork or Mork
Wardokk (100)
- Artefact: Big Wurrgog Mask 
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Bone Krusha

Battleline
5 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (160)
- Bonesplitterz Battleline
20 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (240)
5 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (160)

Units
2 x Savage Big Stabbas (100)

Total: 1000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 94

Maybe consider dropping a Wardokk for more Stabbas

There are never "left over boys" just extras for converting to more Stabbas

9 hours ago, Mikeymajq said:

Nice, quitr different from my thoughts which was more horde-ish. :)

Yeah I just need some actual big stabbas or something, got one extra from the 10 boys sprue. But I guess kitbash or ebay might be  a good idea

I've seen some awesome conversions. 

You don't even need to have two dudes on there - you can have an Ogor wielding that big stick (maybe paint him green, and greenstuff on some pointy ears!).  As long as it's the right sized base you should be fine.

On 2/27/2018 at 11:41 AM, Mikeymajq said:

Nice, quitr different from my thoughts which was more horde-ish. :)

Yeah I just need some actual big stabbas or something, got one extra from the 10 boys sprue. But I guess kitbash or ebay might be  a good idea

My favorite kit bash is actually made from a stick from the garden with two of the larger spear blades wedged in the end. Then I used some thin string to make it look like it was correctly held in place. It works really well.

If you want to go more radical I saw someone using a whole totem the other day as the stabba. I am sure the picture was on a blog on this site.

Archived