Nord's Painting Saga (Jul17Spirits Arise)

Nord

A little background before the pictures. I collected and played WHFB for a good few years off and on, starting way back in the early 90's and then stumbling to a halt just before the End Times series. I tried a few games of AOS but never really liked it, but collecting and painting has always been my main driver so here I am. Still painting after all these years, playing the odd skirmish game like Saga or Dragon Rampant, but mostly just painting. 

I have a number of projects on the go, but my main focus at the moment is some Undead. I started playing Undead way back when they were still called Undead - my first army had skeletons and zombies shuffling alongside mummies and carrion, led by a Liche. So I am quite happy to throw in different genres, not tied to any particular army list or background. My first unit is an example of this - some ghouls led by a ghoul master/butcher. 

rFOBkdK.jpg

These are The Hobbit goblins with a few bits (handbags) trimmed off, plus an old metal Ogre Kingdoms butcher. 

Comments, suggestions, feedback, free gifts are all welcome. :D

Thanks guys. There's not much patience required, these are fairly speedily painted. The gore and grime is mostly stippled on, just one or two applications is all that's needed. 

I thought exactly the same as Routasydän, looks very much like Mika's ghouls back in the days. Which is a good thing because they were awesome. :) 

Lovely painting. Realistic, messy and muted. Just how I like it :) Looking forward seeing more stuff!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
19 hours ago, Redmanphill said:

I remember a paint style just like this.... hmmm on the old Warhammer Forum I think. Would I be correct?

I might have been there for about ten years, in the "old" days ;)

Wow your undead look absolutely nasty (which is a good thing!) Love your realistic neutral colour painting style. Cool to see old minis I've never seen before, and

the way you have managed to seamlessly tie them in with newer sculpts, great stuff!

Archived