Updated Forgeworld Points

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Terry Pike said:

Maybe the scrolls are getting updated.

The new Greater Deamons are a joke. nearly double the cost in some cases for +1 save and some wounds. terrible

Maby, just not now. I agree with you on the GD's and Mazarall is just too expensive aswell.

Sayl remains at the beautiful 160 points.

Just put this in the rumour thread as somehow my screen hadn't updated to see this post :S

Tamurkhan - 500 -> 680
Daemon Plague Toads - 120 for 3 -> 60 for 1 (max of 7)
Daemon Pox Riders - 200 for 3 -> 80 for 1 (max of 7
Chaos War Mammoth - 320 -> 400

Infernal Guard Battle Standard - 80 -> 100
Infernal Guard Ironsworn - 100 -> 180 (max of 30)
Infernal Guard Fireglaives - 100 -> 160 (max of 30)
K'daai Fireborn - 100 -> 180
Blackshard Warhost - 80 -> 100
Hashut's Wrath Artillery Train - 100 -> 140

Basilisk - 320 -> 260
Bonegrinder Giant - 360 -> 300
Carmine Dragon - 480 -> 340
Colossal Squig - 300 -> 360
Dread Maw - 440 -> 300
Incarnate Elemental of Wrath - 300 -> 360
Incarnate Elemental of Beasts - 300 -> 360
Magma Dragon - 520 -> 600
Mourngul - 400 -> 280
Rogue Idol - 480 -> 400
Skaven Warlord on Brood Horror - 200 -> 240
Troll Hag - 400 -> 300
Warpfire Dragon - 200 -> 280
Exalted Greater Daemon of Khorne - 500
Exalted Greater Daemon of Nurgle - 400
Exalted Greater Daemon of Slaanesh - 480
Exalted Greater Daemon of Tzeentch - 480
Mazarall the Butcher - 360

Dread Saurian - Gone!

Skaarac still sitting at the insane amount of 500 points.

Greater Daemons over costed.

Skaven on Broodhorror got a points increase to 240.  Why?

Warpgnaw Verminlord sitting at 340 which seems a tad high.

19 minutes ago, Spinsane said:

As I've said in the N&R thread, maybe these changes hint not at changes to the scrolls, but at changes to the Matched Play rules in GHB2...

Matched play rules wouldn't change anything about the power of the mourngul at 280 points... 

23 minutes ago, Spinsane said:

As I've said in the N&R thread, maybe these changes hint not at changes to the scrolls, but at changes to the Matched Play rules in GHB2...

Wouldn't explain why Skaarac remains at 500 points and yet is LARGELY outdone by a unit of 5 regular Khorgoraths for the same cost with much more staying power and damage output and roughly the same footprint.

They just replied:

"Yeah...
Sorry guys that's a mistake.
A few of the other points in there got muddled up - We've passed it on and we'll have it fixed as soon as we can.
The points for the new models are correct, and the points for the older models aren't changing at the moment."

6 minutes ago, Oppenheimer said:

They just replied:

"Yeah...
Sorry guys that's a mistake.
A few of the other points in there got muddled up - We've passed it on and we'll have it fixed as soon as we can.
The points for the new models are correct, and the points for the older models aren't changing at the moment."

Just out of curiosity where was this posted?

Aaargh Forgeworld!! You produce such fantastic models I want to paint them and play them, and then the stuff no-one plays because it's overpointed gets a points hike, and the stuff that people have been concerned about because it's underpointed gets cheaper. What is wrong at Forgeworld? Do they not actually play AoS? That sounds a bit ranty on re-reading, but isn't meant to be.

I don't want to rant, but it's just so disappointing (pun intended). I have every Destruction model for AoS they produce. Many of them painted. But I don't want to just get smashed by every opponent at an event so I never run them, despite REALLY REALLY wanting to play them. The one Destruction monster that they have made viable has gone a bit OTT. At 300 points, the Dreadmaw is now probably too cheap! Mind you I have already planned out a 4 Dreadmaw list in anticipation :-)

Seriously, they could do with taking a leaf out of GWs book and inviting a bunch of tournament regulars round to help them with this. Or better still, just invite me round!!

10 minutes ago, Trout said:

That's too bad. Some of the false changes seemed sensible; specifically the ones that made some of the monsters of Destruction viable.

I agree! I wouldnt mind some changes, its just that the obvious (Sayl) wasnt changed at all. Dont know what to make of it.

Archived