Nurgle in June?

So I've been going through the Black Library page and there is a new Age of Sigmar novel listed for June -- 

http://www.blacklibrary.com/coming-soon/june/hallowed-knights-plague-garden-ebook.html

Hints at Nurgle? I know we're already expecting this soon because of the rumor engine picture from a few weeks ago, but the novel seems to lend more credence to a June release. Heck, it's just exciting to have something new to read, seeing as we haven't had anything from Black Library since January...

1 hour ago, Menkeroth said:

Would be not bad. But that's the thing with "not-codexes" writing - Lorrus Grymn, I've thought, was guarding Alarielle on her way, and it's Gardus Steelsoul who got lost, no?

Gardus got lost in Realmgate Wars: War Storm and returned in Realmgate Wars: Ghal Maraz. Grymn defended Alarielle in Realmgate Wars: Wardens of the Everqueen. 

Hallowed Knights: Plague Garden takes place after those, as the Hallowed Knights of the Steel Souls chamber make a final push against Nurgle's forces in Ghyran, in the wake of the Season of War campaign. It also catches readers up with some of the events depicted in the God-Beasts and All-Gates campaign books. 

23 minutes ago, JReynolds said:

Gardus got lost in Realmgate Wars: War Storm and returned in Realmgate Wars: Ghal Maraz. Grymn defended Alarielle in Realmgate Wars: Wardens of the Everqueen. 

Hallowed Knights: Plague Garden takes place after those, as the Hallowed Knights of the Steel Souls chamber make a final push against Nurgle's forces in Ghyran, in the wake of the Season of War campaign. It also catches readers up with some of the events depicted in the God-Beasts and All-Gates campaign books. 

Kyaa! It's the man! ( I hope)

54 minutes ago, JReynolds said:

Yes. That's why the description of your story on the BL site puzzled me. And it's really strange - another Hallowed Knight got lost in the Nurgle's Garden? not mentioning that the whole plot is a bit Chaos undermining - a Stormcast managed to escape the Garden! And yet another Chamber is to venture there - it's the same as attacking Eye of Terror or Medrengard! Very strange. But high fantasy nevertheless.

57 minutes ago, JReynolds said:

Interesting. Does it mean Nurgle will completely lose his domains in Ghyran?

52 minutes ago, FRoper said:

If we have 40k in june/ then nurgle 40k will be soon after, which menas that nurgle AOS will be around October/November

probably. I wonder why Nurgle does not still have a book of his own when he is one of the major story plots since the first AoS book.

41 minutes ago, Menkeroth said:

Yes. That's why the description of your story on the BL site puzzled me. And it's really strange - another Hallowed Knight got lost in the Nurgle's Garden? not mentioning that the whole plot is a bit Chaos undermining - a Stormcast managed to escape the Garden! And yet another Chamber is to venture there - it's the same as attacking Eye of Terror or Medrengard! Very strange. But high fantasy nevertheless.

Interesting. Does it mean Nurgle will completely lose his domains in Ghyran?

probably. I wonder why Nurgle does not still have a book of his own when he is one of the major story plots since the first AoS book.

Yep. Nurgle's Garden is big, and there are a lot of ways to get in...but fewer ways to get out. And it's the same chamber - the Steel Souls have been fighting Nurgle from the beginning, and this book brings them full circle, in a sense. It is the same as attacking the Eye of Terror, in a lot of ways, and it's no spoiler to say things really don't go well for them, in a variety of ways. Mostly, it was just an excuse to get to describe the Garden, and the things that dwell there. Also, I wanted to write more Gutrot Spume, so this was a good way to do that. 

And no, just a good many of them. With the closing of the Genesis Gate, Nurgle lacks the ability to flood Ghyran with troops. He still possesses some realmgates (as well as other forms of dimensional travel), but he's on the back-foot for the first time in a long time. 

As to your last point - no idea. I've been wanting them to do one, myself. 

2 hours ago, JReynolds said:

Wow! It's great to have you here! Can't wait for the books!

50 minutes ago, JReynolds said:

Yep. Nurgle's Garden is big, and there are a lot of ways to get in...but fewer ways to get out. And it's the same chamber - the Steel Souls have been fighting Nurgle from the beginning, and this book brings them full circle, in a sense. It is the same as attacking the Eye of Terror, in a lot of ways, and it's no spoiler to say things really don't go well for them, in a variety of ways. Mostly, it was just an excuse to get to describe the Garden, and the things that dwell there. Also, I wanted to write more Gutrot Spume, so this was a good way to do that. 

Good to hear that. Spume is full of character, as they say - great to know he's still ready and rarin'!

51 minutes ago, JReynolds said:

And no, just a good many of them. With the closing of the Genesis Gate, Nurgle lacks the ability to flood Ghyran with troops. He still possesses some realmgates (as well as other forms of dimensional travel), but he's on the back-foot for the first time in a long time. 

Fair point, although even he must have tens of thousands at least at his disposal - especially counting not that reliable, as it turned out, but still helpful clans Pestilense.

Just now, Menkeroth said:

Good to hear that. Spume is full of character, as they say - great to know he's still ready and rarin'!

Fair point, although even he must have tens of thousands at least at his disposal - especially counting not that reliable, as it turned out, but still helpful clans Pestilense.

He is pretty great. He's probably my favourite Chaos character, at the moment. I hope to write about him again, soon. 

And Nurgle does, but compared to the tens of millions he had, it's not much. The battles for the Scabrous Sprawl and the Genesis Gate saw much of Nurgle's infrastructure in Ghyran destroyed, or otherwise reduced - the Glottkin were humbled, one of the Maggoth Lords was killed, etc. There still exist Nurgle holdings of one sort or another, but their reach has been reduced. And as the Sylvaneth and the forces of Azyr consolidate their gains, those holdings become ever more isolated and vulnerable - but still deadly. Think of it like a disease going into remission - its still there, but its quiescent, for the moment. 

Plague Garden actually focuses on one of these last holdings, initially. The Order of Fly, a former chivalric order, now devoted to Nurgle, are fighting a rearguard action to defend their last holdings in that part of Ghyran, before things go very wrong for all concerned. 

Archived