Let's chat : Maggotkin of Nurgle

Arkiham

17 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Listening to "facehammer" podcast. I thought various leaks said that Bloab would get an additional spell. They went through his profile and said only one cast per turn..with a point increase it disappointing. 

Well before it was pretty good, now it has access to the spell that modifies the cicle and another one of his choice. His 20 point increase has more senza that the ones on morby And orghy ^^

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, shadowgra said:

Well before it was pretty good, now it has access to the spell that modifies the cicle and another one of his choice. His 20 point increase has more senza that the ones on morby And orghy ^^

I was reffering to rumors he could cast 2 spells in a turn (previously being only able to cast one).

23 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

I was reffering to rumors he could cast 2 spells in a turn (previously being only able to cast one).

Sorry, didn't know that rumor

Anyway preorders are up on NZ! And pusgoyles are awesome! I'll actually the bits to convert some more blightkings :)

5 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Hanna wow sloppity bile piper is so bad. A shame because he model is great

I like the concept of the rules, though. Reducing bravery of enemies and buffing certain daemons because of the joviality of his music is a nice idea. Too bad it's not more potent.

Question: Can the Beasts of Nurgle retreat, potentially do their D3 MW from their slime trail, then immediately charge back into combat against the same unit? 

I assume they can and see almost no reason why you wouldn't do that every turn. It basically doubles their potential wound output. Put them near a Daemon hero to double their weapon damage (and  reroll 1s if it's Horticulus) and I think they can be pretty decent.

2 minutes ago, Hightime said:

Beasts of Nurgle seem pretty good, especially with the Daemon Hero Buff.  If you use Horticulous Slimux, with his specific Beast Handler rules, seems you could have some pretty sweet shock troops.

For real.  They sound way more fun than slamming 40 blightkings forwards.

2 minutes ago, Hightime said:

Agreed, and was also thinking with a GUO equipped with bell. Thats 8" move, plus ability to charge. They gona be some quick little buggers slobbering up the battlefield.

The more I look at the drooling one the more I love the model.

14y1egj.jpg

At 1000 thinking:

Bell GUO

Slimux

Toads

Toads

Beast

Beast

6 minutes ago, Injuryprone said:

The more I look at the drooling one the more I love the model.

14y1egj.jpg

At 1000 thinking:

Bell GUO

Slimux

Toads

Toads

Beast

Beast

That's a pretty fun list. I wish Beasts were less money. I kinda want three.

10 minutes ago, Injuryprone said:

That and needing multiple trees makes my wallet sad.

Yep. I pre-ordered one tree but know I'll get more. I love the Horticulus model and am pretty determined to get him into my lists somehow. I could see using him, a couple beasts, and a couple trees.

I'm sure others noticed, but it just occurred to me, that each of the Scrivener, Bilepiper, and Horticulus buff a different group of Nurgle daemons by allowing them to reroll 1s.  Add in the Lord of Afflictions to do the same for Rotbringers and practically your whole army will be rerolling hit rolls of 1.

47 minutes ago, Yeled said:

Yep. I pre-ordered one tree but know I'll get more. I love the Horticulus model and am pretty determined to get him into my lists somehow. I could see using him, a couple beasts, and a couple trees.

I'm sure others noticed, but it just occurred to me, that each of the Scrivener, Bilepiper, and Horticulus buff a different group of Nurgle daemons by allowing them to reroll 1s.  Add in the Lord of Afflictions to do the same for Rotbringers and practically your whole army will be rerolling hit rolls of 1.

Right! And bilepiper buffs nurgling and GUO. Now assuming you don't need nurgling a to produce damage, that's 100 points to re-roll ones on a GUO. Not worth it for me at this point. Essentially makes GUO 440 points. 

Now if there were other sources of bravery debuff and bilepiper was another one to stack onto that..building toward an anti bravery theme/concept than that would be worth investing in. 

So what are your guys' thoughts on a plaguemonk bomb list as a gimmicky shenanigan

Leaders:
Glottkin, General, Blades of Putrefaction lore - 420
Great Unclean one, Bell/Blade, Glorious Afflictions lore, Endless Gift - 340

Units:
Plaguebears x30, battleline - 320
Putrid Blightkings x5, battleline - 160
Putrid Blightkings x5, battleline - 160
Plaguemonks x40, Blades and staves - 240

Artillery:
Plagueclaw - 180
Plagueclaw - 180

Pregame
Plant tree near the center of  the field, set up so as many units as possible can get the bell buff

Turn 1: hero phase
Glottkin casts fleshy and blades on plaguemonks , GUO casts foul regenesis to set cycle to 1 for +2 move for nurgle units and Glorious Afflictions to slow down biggest problem on enemy team, Plaguemonks use contagion banner. 

Movement phase
Plaguemonks run 12-17" to set up for charge keeping one model near tree for the run and charge. Glottkin Positions to be within 14" of plague monks post charge, Plaguebearers run 10-15" to set up on objective, blightkings move to other objectives with GUO.

Shooting Phase
2 claws shoot

Charge Phase
plaguemonks charge to tie up as many units as possible

Combat Phase
Each of the 40 plaguemonks have 6 attacks that do an addition mortal wound on a 6+ to hit. About half of the attacks hitting on the 4+, then a 4+ to wound with the 4 blade attacks and 5+ to wound with the 2 staff attacks with both having 6+ grants rend and 1/6 chance to do an additional mortal wound.  If you got every monk in somehow, it would do 43.33 mortals, 20 attacks with rend and 33.33 attacks without rend on average

I know the lack of battalions would mean this list would never get to choose to go first,  any of the spells/charges failing would pretty much gimp you and any long range attacks against the monks on the first turn would dwindle their numbers fast but still seems like a fun way to ****** off your opponent by doing  over 50 damage on the first turn if you somehow pulled it off.

Archived