Let's chat : Maggotkin of Nurgle

Arkiham

Just now, JonnyTheKing said:

With the Nurgles Menagerie probably needing about 10 or so trees and that being extremely expensive, could you see tournaments having a problem with the woodland scenery trees being Nurglefied and used instead?

Essentially getting 3 trees in every set

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Avvien said:

Right now I want to try a cavalry heavy list since the cost for regular drones went down, so

True it did. One thing that came as a surprise that I have not seen mentioned here is that in addition to  the 20pt reduction they have also got an additional 2 attack melee weapon. Also their locus now boost ALL of the drone attacks including their shooting attack. So drones wil rain a ton of attacks down on enemies.

2 hours ago, Greasygeek said:

True it did. One thing that came as a surprise that I have not seen mentioned here is that in addition to  the 20pt reduction they have also got an additional 2 attack melee weapon. Also their locus now boost ALL of the drone attacks including their shooting attack. So drones wil rain a ton of attacks down on enemies.

Well it's EITHER he proboscis OR the foul mouth parts. I think the difference is the whether the drone has the long trunk/snout/nose thing or an actual face and mouth.

I'm a big fan of the changes they made to Gutrot Spume. He's such a cool model and seemed a bit clunky before. Him and a unit of five Blightkings seem like a great addition to a lot of armies at 300 points. They'd make for a disruptive and tanky surprise or a durable objective grabber.

Warscroll

7 hours ago, JonnyTheKing said:

So as it reads, the contagion points if used to summon still need points put aside for the summoning of units? Kinda sucks sadly, would have loved an army that starts off as a huge wall of tough wounds and slowly gets stronger as the game goes on.

This absolutely not the case.

You pay contagion points only.

Pg. 61 explains the whole thing.  This is why all units are a little bit overpriced to begin with.

Page 61 doesn't say you don't pay the matched play points as well. It just says that you must pay in contagion points. I could see reading that either way, but if I was being rule lawyery (which we are) I would say that since it still uses the language of "summoning," the standing rule for summoned units (that you must pay for them in matched play points as well if you summon them) remains in play as long as the new rules don't explicitly say that contagion points negate matched play points as part of the cost. Contagion points would then function merely as a summoning without a cast, which is definitely beneficial enough to think it might have been the purpose.

Then again, I hope you're right, Kurrilino. I would enjoy actually using summoning in matched play games.

A question about "start of the hero phase," can you order it how you like? So can I put down a tree using Horticulous' Cultivating the Garden and then caculate the contagion points? Both happen at the start of the hero phase.

Same for Grandfather's Blessing, can I pick to either change the dial, then do the effect of the Cycle of Corruption, or to use the effect of the cycle and then change it?

I take it you can't do the effect of the cycle, then change it, then do the effect again?

14 minutes ago, mdkinker said:

Page 61 doesn't say you don't pay the matched play points as well. It just says that you must pay in contagion points. I could see reading that either way, but if I was being rule lawyery (which we are) I would say that since it still uses the language of "summoning," the standing rule for summoned units (that you must pay for them in matched play points as well if you summon them) remains in play as long as the new rules don't explicitly say that contagion points negate matched play points as part of the cost. Contagion points would then function merely as a summoning without a cast, which is definitely beneficial enough to think it might have been the purpose.

Then again, I hope you're right, Kurrilino. I would enjoy actually using summoning in matched play games.

They talked about having to pay the summoning points in matched play on the Warhammer TV twitch channel.

You have to pay reinforcement points. The words "added to your army" are specifically used and this triggers the reinforcement points cost mandate in GHB.

40 minutes ago, Husserl said:

A question about "start of the hero phase," can you order it how you like? So can I put down a tree using Horticulous' Cultivating the Garden and then caculate the contagion points? Both happen at the start of the hero phase.

Same for Grandfather's Blessing, can I pick to either change the dial, then do the effect of the Cycle of Corruption, or to use the effect of the cycle and then change it?

I take it you can't do the effect of the cycle, then change it, then do the effect again?

If several things say "at the start of their hero phase" and not "before hero phase begins" or some other language that would indicate it is the very first thing to happen..it's up to the player.  

The first thing that happens is the cycle progress' because the wording is "the cycle of corruption move clockwise one step AT THE START OF EACH NEW BATTLE ROUND." So that's the first thing that happens. Than you could use the command ability to switch it to another stage use that effect (if applicable..) Than immediately use foul regenesis to change it and use that effect!

6 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Well it's EITHER he proboscis OR the foul mouth parts. I think the difference is the whether the drone has the long trunk/snout/nose thing or an actual face and mouth.

I made this mistake and wrote a list around it and bought the extra models I needed :S still 11 attacks fully buffed is not to be sniffed at, but I think 15 would have made them better point for point than blightkings for sure

4 hours ago, BobbyB said:

I made this mistake and wrote a list around it and bought the extra models I needed :S still 11 attacks fully buffed is not to be sniffed at, but I think 15 would have made them better point for point than blightkings for sure

And you can use the guo to give them all another +1 attack. A unit of 6 now shoots 18 deaths head and 18 stings! Plus all those Proboscis and mouth part attacks.

you can still use drones to great effect. Also maybe buy a box of blightkings and make a butt load of pusgoyles out of them!

2 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

And you can use the guo to give them all another +1 attack. A unit of 6 now shoots 18 deaths head and 18 stings! Plus all those Proboscis and mouth part attacks.

you can still use drones to great effect. Also maybe buy a box of blightkings and make a butt load of pusgoyles out of them!

You guys can't use the command ability to add to the shooting, it says melee weapons. 

Just now, sal4m4nd3r said:

Do you plan on summoning with contagion points? Because with how fast these things rack up I think you could be sprouting at least 1 a turn

This is what I was thinking. Place as many as you can in turn 1-3 and then you should have enough for 10 plaguebearers/whatever else for objective holding?

16 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Do you plan on summoning with contagion points? Because with how fast these things rack up I think you could be sprouting at least 1 a turn

Not really. I'll have to experiment. I think mortals are stronger but might need to see some games of tally band 

Archived