Let's chat : Maggotkin of Nurgle

Arkiham

1 minute ago, Arkiham said:

just cover your needs really. going overboard on one aspect can leave you weak elsewhere. 

my next nurgle list will look something like

30 bearers

2x10 blightkings

epidimus 

2x plague catapults 

bloab rotspawned

harbringer of decay.

lacks mortal wounds a little but could be great against hordes. needs refining though. maybe drop a catapult for something like drones. 

Cool. I guess only reading them on paper it's hard to get the army straight away. Obviously they are tough as nails but how to exploit that is what I will have to come to terms with.

Hoping to watch one of our local players play some games tonight which should give me a way better idea. I like the idea of having Rotspawns spells to combo on tough elites like Kurnoths or treelords, and the plague catapults to deal with hoards. Then we obviously have bodies galore for objectives with the plague bearers.

Are the drones and the blight kings fighting for the same kind of slot in an elite tanky unit with decent damage? 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, MidasKiss said:

I know things might be back to the drawing board when/if a tome comes out, but could you guys help me understand the kind of different ways you can build a nurgle army? There is actually a lot of toys now it's just Nurgle alliance!

When I go to do stuff that I like I find I can quickly go past 2k points so I feel like I need to peel it back a little. With this new hero, I guess you would want some beasts and some multiwound stuff to take advantage of the healing when units are destroyed...

I'm not that interested in mortals outside of the rotbringers, even though it seems like mortals are one of the strong ways to play now.

Not sure if it's clear what I mean haha.

Well glotkin plays very well with demons. Both his unique abilities (fleshy abundance and lords of nurgle) work exceedingly well with large blobs of plaguebros. He actually works better with demons than with blightkings! And although horty seems to buff beasts, I think his healing ability will work well with blightkings seeing as though they are multi wound models in a squad. And they can heal him as well...and they both can do mortal wounds!

try not to get overwhelmed with options and lose focus. Try to pick a couple units/models you like the look of or abilities you think are cool and build on that with other units that amplify or synergize well with. 

Ok you all got me. While it scares me that the marauders will battleshock into oblivion.. I often times get stuck behind them.. So talisman on the harbinger and I'm leaning towards lord of war.. Thanks for the advice, guys!!

4 hours ago, Greasygeek said:

Plaguedrones are probably just getting repacked with 60mm bases.

Is that what is in blight war?

I bought two boxes in the end, I figure after selling the stormcast and an extra snail it's a pretty cheap way to get them! I guess welcome to the garden for me.

That leaves me with an exactly 1k list

Horticultus

10 plaguebearers

10 plaguebearers

6 drones

6 nurglings

Should be fun! Figure it's a good basis of Daemon's and can slowly expand into rotbringers and cool heroes + catapults. Writing out what all the heroes do, epedemius looks super strong, and rerolling 1s to hit and wound eventually makes those plague catapults hit really well! 

6 minutes ago, MidasKiss said:

Is that what is in blight war?

I bought two boxes in the end, I figure after selling the stormcast and an extra snail it's a pretty cheap way to get them! I guess welcome to the garden for me.

That leaves me with an exactly 1k list

Horticultus

10 plaguebearers

10 plaguebearers

6 drones

6 nurglings

Should be fun! Figure it's a good basis of Daemon's and can slowly expand into rotbringers and cool heroes + catapults. Writing out what all the heroes do, epedemius looks super strong, and rerolling 1s to hit and wound eventually makes those plague catapults hit really well! 

Do not know before tomorrow. However that is what plaguedrones was mounted on in the start collecting Nurgle box while a pack of three drones came mounted on clear flying bases.

Just discovered that Horticulus Slimux does not have the plaguebearer hero keyword which means that he currently can't affect the Locus of virulence, beast ability. Think that is a mistake or on purpose? We know that plaguedrones had their locus ability changed to  requiring a nurgle daemon hero instead of plaguebearer hero so I hope the same thing will go for Slimux I hope.

https://ttgamingdiary.wordpress.com/2017/08/30/review-blightwar/

For the impatient, this guy actually went through everything in the box already!

There is a formation with Horticulus and 1 unit of everything in the box that gives the units rerolling 1s to hit, and brings back D3 blaguebearers a turn. Comes in at 180 points for matched play, might be good if you scale up those unit sizes!

6 hours ago, MidasKiss said:

https://ttgamingdiary.wordpress.com/2017/08/30/review-blightwar/

For the impatient, this guy actually went through everything in the box already!

There is a formation with Horticulus and 1 unit of everything in the box that gives the units rerolling 1s to hit, and brings back D3 blaguebearers a turn. Comes in at 180 points for matched play, might be good if you scale up those unit sizes!

Thats very interesting. It's like an alternative version of Epidimius but without risking him not being able to level up. Also now I have to bring Nurglings! Wuhuuu!

Been struggling to get feedback on this list. Any thoughts on what to add to get to 2000 points?

Allegiance: Nurgle

Leaders
Exalted Greater Daemon of Nurgle (500)
- General
Daemon Prince Of Nurgle (160)
Daemon Prince Of Nurgle (160)

Battleline
30 x Plaguebearers Of Nurgle (270)
10 x Plaguebearers Of Nurgle (100)
10 x Plaguebearers Of Nurgle (100)

Units
3 x Plague Drones Of Nurgle (220)
3 x Plague Drones Of Nurgle (220)

Total: 1730/2000

40 minutes ago, shadowgra said:

more Drones or a tallyband can be really useful mate!

the rest is more than fine!

Yeh more drones is certainly an option, but I really don't wanna paint more! Possibly more plaguebearers too, or is that enough bodies already? Could get a couple plague priests and a sorcerer or something?

There is so much in that post that sounds unlikely, not the least Great Unclean One that wears clothes?

That seems unlikely if we go by previous models and artwork.

I'd be surprised by if a new GUO isn't a dual-kit like the Bloodthirster and the Lord of Change, so you can build either a generic GUO or Ku'gath Plaguefather.

It's all possible, I think that if they do go for a three-build with the Great Unclean One they are bound to sell it. It's really only a couple of extra heads and arms you have to toss in (see Bloodthirster) and in return you get a ton of happy Nurgle players who actually recieve "three models" instead of one. I personally don't deem it impossible, by large also because the GUO doesn't have to be the biggest Greater Daemon in town, where with the Lord of Change you get a MASSIVE model, which in itself also has multiple weapon options.

What I deem likely is that those options are there, so different heads and weapons is acutally extremely likely. However since no-one has actually made and shared a picture of it I do think this might be more wishfull speak. Because honestly this day and age plastic GUO's would be shared.

All in all Im happy for Nurgle, don't play them but any additional Chaos stuff is awesome. Would love to hear some initial impressions of those who picked up the Blightwars today.

I think that or they do it now or they rebring Nurgle next year. If deathrattle are on the way and malign portents are on the way in 2018 there is no room for Nurgle until late 2018.

That would be really strange and frustrating, so i highly hope that in the next weeks Nurgle daemons shows up.

Let there be no doubt that I will buy the pladtic GUO in an instant but to be all honest I gotta say that I am much more interesting in new beasts, battletome, Pestigors and even a new Epidimius. If they made the GUO. I will actually feel kinda conflicted since I really like my FW exalted GUO and any plastic would probably outshine the FW model. 

1 hour ago, shadowgra said:

I think that or they do it now or they rebring Nurgle next year. If deathrattle are on the way and malign portents are on the way in 2018 there is no room for Nurgle until late 2018.

That would be really strange and frustrating, so i highly hope that in the next weeks Nurgle daemons shows up.

Dunno bro! They are doing a lot for 40K Nurgle as we speak. I don't think we'll see many additional Nurgle releases beyond that just yet. Despite the whole narrative indeed mentioning Pestigors and the like.

What I do deem very likely however is that suddenly a Nurgle book will pop up akin to Blades of Khorne. With a combination of mortal Nurgle and daemon Nurgle, perhaps, like the BoK book without any actual model releases.GW is actually doing that quite a lot lately. Neither 40K's Grey Knights or Chaos Space Marines recieved any new models but since we know the Nurgle Battle Trait allready I have the idea that Warlord Traits, Artefacts and Magic could be made up quite easily. So perhaps even at the end of September or October.

Im fully aware of the Undead video but what we also know is that they only use videos for actual new models. Like Necromunda recieved their video and spoiler before that and before that another new Shadespire unit reveal.

Lastly Nurgle will also at some point recieve another slew of models because Blood Bowl still is waiting for their Nurgle Team. Sketchy time!
Blood-Bowl-Nurgle-Art.jpg

b2ap3_large_P1210987.JPG

P1210991.JPG

b2ap3_large_P1210986.JPG

P1210989.JPG

And then we have this little piece of art from the Rumour Engine

Aug2_RumourEngine6sbA.jpg

I picked up Blight War today and am very happy with the purchase.  The rules for Nurgle are kind of slim, but looks like it will be filled out quickly.  The Plague Bearers and Drones Loci were changed to read Daemon Hero of Nurgle, which I believe was an earlier question.  Horticulous's model looks great, but I haven't built him yet.  I spent today rebasing my End Times army (at least the daemon part).

The manager at the GW store made it sound like we would be seeing the plastic GUO and Beasts of Nurgle.  So, maybe we'll see an AoS book in October.

Archived