Let's chat : Maggotkin of Nurgle

Arkiham

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/9/2018 at 11:12 PM, Avvien said:

Thanks for the advice so far! I'm also wondering what other people's 1000 lists are looking like.

Either way, sounds like I need another box of Plaguebearers!

the problem with spoilpox is he buffs the offensive stats on a defensive unit.  And not really to the point of usefulness. If this was an offensive unit, re-rolling ones would be good! IF he allowed us to re-roll all misses.. then year he might be worth the look. 

On 6/9/2018 at 1:47 AM, stratigo said:

:P and summoning doesn't seem a bit strong to you eh? :P:P

Well since any army that CAN summon will be on the same playing field it wont be a problem. Other armies that CANT summon are having huge price reductions to replicate the feel of being able to field more models. Im sure it will be fine. 

1 hour ago, GlanceOnASix said:

I keep seeing folks writing about Plague Touched warbands with blightkings and the blightlords.  I'm curious why that is, unless its just for the lowered deployments.  Unless folks are taking 10 man blightking units and dropping them to 7 man squads.

Taking 15, fielding 14 for Blightkings.   Don't think anyone would bring 7 Blightlords in one unit.   So hard to keep in formation. 

22 minutes ago, grungolah said:

Taking 15, fielding 14 for Blightkings.   Don't think anyone would bring 7 Blightlords in one unit.   So hard to keep in formation. 

But just so I understand, you'd have to take a 15 man squad to do that, not a 10 man and a 5 man correct?

I saw stuff like this:

Second Place (Maxime Julian)

GUO General, Grandfather's Blessing, Endless Gift, Glorious Afflictions
Lord of Afflictions (Rustfang)
Festus (Blades of putrefaction)
Chaos Sorcerer Lord on Steed, Plague Squall

4x Pusgoyles
10 Blightkings
5 Blightkings
10 Marauders
10 Marauders

Plaguetouched Warband.

And wondered why the formation besides the low drop count.

17 hours ago, Vomikron Noxis said:

Literally a millimetre though. I considered rebasing mine when they changed them, but it’s just not worth doing.

I thought about it but would look weird with the pusgoyles not having clear ones.

Hi Guys,

So I'm generally a Tzeentch chaos player but I'm considering giving nurgle a whirl as I just don't seem to click with my tzeentch as much as I'd like currently (Will keep the around though since I have some lovely conversions). I'm looking for a bit of help on probably what would be good to get first. I'm a bit limited by funds currently so considering a lord of plagues and the book (obv) as a start. Not sure if I'll have much offense without some blightkings though. Anyone got tips on good starting forces mixing StD and nurgle for 1k points? And ways to build up from there.

Currently my slaves to darkness collection is:

-1 x lord on manticore
-1 x Lord
-1 x Sorc Lord
-1 x Sorc Lord on Manticore
-1 x Lord on Mount (unbuilt planning to convert from a varanguard)
-10 x S&S Warriors
-10 x Greatweapon Warriors
-10 x Halberd warriors
-15 x Knights (only 5 built so far alas)
-10 x Chaos Chosen
-1 x Shrine
-30? x Marauders (1 unit of 10 and one very different looking unit of 20 I think?)
-3 x Gorebeast Chariot (one can also be used as a regular chariot as beasts are swappable)

Non Markable bits: (possible allies?)
-Darkoath Warqueen
-Warpfire Dragon (Do like finding excuses to field this beautiful model)
-Thunderscorn stuff (though if I recall correctly they can't be a nurgle ally)

I'm pretty sure I also have 10 metal plaguebearers lying around, possibly more. I also have a drycha haemadreth model I'm never gonna use and kinda wanna convert into an insect themed demon prince(ss). (Also bonus points for fun ways to keep the insect theme going!)

Anyone got tips as to how us Nurgle-players should deal with bastiladons? I'm about to go up against a list with two of these beasts in a 1000 pts game and I'm sort of worried I won't be able to compete properly without a trick up my sleeve.

I could really use your help!

8 hours ago, peasant said:

what do you think guys?  

This looks fun to me. Maybe have a harbinger of decay tag along with a pair of pusgoyles and the lord of affli like the hammer someone else suggested earlier in this thread? That looked like a really cool hammer to me.

Wizard on manticore also sounds badass, keep it!

I think you would do well to bring some nurglings though, just one unit of 3 so that you can use them to earn more contagion points early on.

Another thing to consider is, how will you get points from the objectives in your own zones early on? You need something back there to hold them. I recommend chaos marauders equipped with shields - I think these also double as battleline when marked as Nurgle, which can be really useful in some lists.

4 minutes ago, Avvien said:

Anyone got tips as to how us Nurgle-players should deal with bastiladons? I'm about to go up against a list with two of these beasts in a 1000 pts game and I'm sort of worried I won't be able to compete properly without a trick up my sleeve.

Run mortals with plague touched.

2 minutes ago, Darkfine said:

Run mortals with plague touched.

I own 25 painted Blightkings and 20 painted Chaos Marauders. I like the sound of your idea though - anyone have any list suggestions for a 1k plaguetouched?

28 minutes ago, Avvien said:

I own 25 painted Blightkings and 20 painted Chaos Marauders. I like the sound of your idea though - anyone have any list suggestions for a 1k plaguetouched?

That's hard to do in 1K..... you need a total of 8 units as well as the 100 pts for the battalion.....

55 minutes ago, Avvien said:

I thought a lot about, for me is a fun_killer

one advice refuse playing with someone that fields you 2 in 1k.

In the case the case your opponent field one the safest bet are marauder +blades.

LoA with rustfang seems handy

Surely bastilidons are just ****** against hordes. Just bring a horde.

Btw I am currently in the UK on holiday and found out I can get great unclean ones for about 130-40aud dollars here instead of 220-30 back home. Wtf.

Time to see what I can fit in my suitcase.

Archived