How would YOU bring back Slaanesh?

I personally think GW are killing undivided in AOS in my opinion. Even Archaon's everchosen tome is not "really" undivided either. In my opinion I think AOS is taking some que's from the older editions of fantasy considering the new releases and I do think that Morathi is going to lead the cult of pleasure again. (I could be wrong) Mixed with some humans to make the slaaneshi faction unique. 

I just think it's rather telling that Morathi was already in Ulgu before Malerion considering that Ulgu is a lodestone power of the winds of shadow how did she end up there before the god himself? When for everyone else they were the first to appear or arrive in their respective realms? 

I also recommend to read the backstory of the warhammer quest hammerhal antagonist and this short story if you have the cash. 

BLPROCESSED-godless-advent-ebook.jpg

And no there are no sex and drugs as I said many times before I don't get where people are getting that idea when GW have already moved past that years ago. Also they are not going to change the daemonettes considering they are not that old, they are plastic and they look more like how daemonettes looked in the art of 2nd edition chaos minus the single tit hanging out everywhere. Even if they insinuate the sexual aspects GW are kinda subtle about it with wording I found. 

Also end times khaine what happened to Morathi. 

From end times khaine

Morathi opens up the vortex to let the hand of slaanesh through I mean his/her literal hand

"Morathi saw the eye too, but in hermadness did not care. Indeed, she invited its gaze, casting ever wilder magics to tempt it nearer. She no longer feared oblivion in slaanesh's gullet. not if it would exhort the thirsting god to lay waste to all of Ulthuan. This would be her vegenace, perhaps even her apotheosis, for could not slaanesh's favour could be courted?

As the vortext shrank in on itself, so too did the rift at its heart, and a great ululating howl split the air as slaanesh realised he had been cheated on his feast. The vast, taloned hand groped frantically as the rift contracted, desperate to seize some vibrant morsel, Morathi at last realising her folly, backed away. She did not see Caledor approach. The mage held Morathi fast as the giant hand drew near. The sorceress shrieked, and tore at Caledor with nails and teeth. Blood ran as rivers down the mage's face, but still he held on, drawing her into the last embrace that either would ever know. Your race is run, child he said. Meet your end with the dignity of your heritage. Something in those words at last pierced Mortahi's madness, and she fell limp in caledor's arms. As the claws closed around them both, she screamed one last time and then there was silence.

Morathi and Malerion AOS very first campaign book and some speculation on slaanesh (takes place right after end times)

From the lands of shadow

The being that awoke in the shifting shadow was confused. Gone was his physical form and only slowly did memory of the world's ending returned. He could not control his solidity, which frustrated him. How long he wandered alone across a deary greyscape he knew not, but he feared his fate is to forever be less than shadow. Yet his anger mounted, his own rage gave him form. With his fury came greater corporeality and thus Malerion explored the thirteen domains of Ulgu, the Realm of shadow.

He discovered many creatures, yet could find none of his kind. Only when Malerion came upon a glade of shadow daemons did he feel a spark of recognition at the center of that bacchanal was his mother. Morathi was still flesh and blood, but changed. Theirs was a reunion full of recriminations and anger. Neither trusted the other, but an uneasy truce was reached. Together they united under sigmar, joining the great alliance. 

Personal notes: Ok they do explain further sigmar then decides to make it a pantheon of sorts where all the gods discussed alliances drew borders up between their realms etc. They make note the Malerion does indeed try at times to subvert the pantheon and what goes on to his own ends. Also. 

Bacchanal Definition. 

In my opinion using that word and she was doing that with shadow daemons sounds kinda like she is acting similar to a certain prince in my opinion. 

A devotee of Bacchus; one who indulges in drunken revels; one who is noisy and riotous when intoxicated; a carouser.  

(in the plural) The festival of Bacchus; the bacchanalia.

Drunken revelry; an orgy.

A reveler.

carousing

A song or a dance in honor of Bacchus.

Now slaanesh with the opening of AOS they dropped this picture on us. Now slaanesh throne is empty and slaanesh is highly likely in Ulgu all the followers are converging there. This picture is obviously a hint now we can speculate what that symbol represents. I think it looks like a dark elf crown that mortahi wore and it looks similar to Malekith's crown as well. So I do think the symbol DOES look dark elf in design. Now they made clear they don't trust each other I mean knowing Morathi's personality I do think she will take the throne to get out from under the thumb of Malerion. 

He is a god and in the passage I think is rather clear that she is not they say it clearly she is still flesh and blood but she IS changed. Now it's strange in my eyes that Malerion found no one in Ulgu save his mother. How? When they make it clear that the gods reincarnated people to populate the realms via souls that survived the transition of the destruction of the warhammer world. Also she was personally taken by slaanesh in the end times, I personally believe she is a hidden card up slaanesh's sleeve. 

Since in the godless short story they insinuate that the capture on slaanesh part might of been less unvoluntary than it appears.

aos-chaos-pantheon.jpg

9507a794b751e25b5c24a976d87fed50.jpg

99810212007_MorathiNEW01.jpg

898a53fdcf9a8ac9f25a7938992ffd5c.jpg

Of course I could be wrong I may be reading too much into it BUT I do think she will be involved heavily in the plot of what's going on with the dark prince. 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind what they do with Slaanesh. I just want them to go all aboard with the Hellenic/Greek aesthetic with him.

I just want crests, rounds shields, spears, and all that. And they can go naked! Like real greek warriors!

99110201139_LordofSlaaneshonDaemonicMountNEW01.jpg

m2730107a_99120201016_WoCHellstriders06_873x627.jpg

13 minutes ago, Galas said:

I don't mind what they do with Slaanesh. I just want them to go all aboard with the Hellenic/Greek aesthetic with him.

I just want crests, rounds shields, spears, and all that. And they can go naked! Like real greek warriors!

99110201139_LordofSlaaneshonDaemonicMountNEW01.jpg

m2730107a_99120201016_WoCHellstriders06_873x627.jpg

I do think they are going to stick with that theme considering how they designed disciples of tzeentch and they decided to keep the hellstriders. 

I would like to see Slaanesh realized at the "enemy within" and focus on temptation both thematically and mechanically.  I would roll out Slaanesh slowly with units of corrupted aleves or humans who have fallen to temptation (also the Dark Elf Cult of Slaanesh).  Mechanically, I think some of the coolest Slaanesh abilities are the ones that buff your enemies... at a cost (see Keeper of Secrets "Dark Temptations" ability).

4 minutes ago, Nacnudllah said:

I would like to see Slaanesh realized at the "enemy within" and focus on temptation both thematically and mechanically.  I would roll out Slaanesh slowly with units of corrupted aleves or humans who have fallen to temptation (also the Dark Elf Cult of Slaanesh).  Mechanically, I think some of the coolest Slaanesh abilities are the ones that buff your enemies... at a cost (see Keeper of Secrets "Dark Temptations" ability).

Slaanesh champion based in corromping the enemy? With briberys? And representing the Sin of Gluttony?

Greasus Goldtoth new Everchosen of Slaanesh confirmed.

99810213016_GreasusGoldtoothNEW01.jpg

25 minutes ago, Nacnudllah said:

Considering what is going on in the cities of order the poverty and how the nobility act slaanesh would have a field day with those people rich or poor. I do hope they go this route. 

The inner hedonist in my wants Slaanesh to come back in a really big way. The Dark Elf player in me wants it to include Cult of Slaanesh. I doubt that last part will happen, as they've all been plopped under Order.. (currently) but I think it would be good to have some aelven units break off.

Mechanically, I think the abilities the daemons have are great. They're disruptive, and fluffy. A mind control sorta mechanic might be interesting, that's  very powerful so it would have to be either be tied to a spell or a Bravery test for one model within x" of a specific model with the ability. If not a MC effect, then make it unable to fight that round. Steeds should have their tongue lash, maybe conditional on a 6 to hit the riders auto-hit. A lot of what has existed in the last couple of editions of fantasy and 40k could make some sort of rough translation like immune to battleshock (not all, some), a pile in when charged effect (AsF), and I think Slaanesh not Khorne should have the Slaughterpriest's Blood Bind ability. Similar to that of the old Lash (forget the actual name, but made your unit move or charge).

As for bringing them altogether with an allegiance trait, I'm not sure. I think some of their flavour should be making it harder for your opponents to do things they want to do (charge, shoot, attack etc) while still remaining frail for balance. I'd like to think that something similar to Dark Eldar's Power from Pain tokens might work, but might be a bit too similar to Blood Tithes. 

This is all over the place just some random thoughts based on previous editions. I know we'll see Slaanesh eventually, the question is when?

2 hours ago, Lord Veshnakar said:

I think we will see corrupted Aelves as the mortal followers of Slaanesh. Reason being the attached image from the AOS starter lore book. In place of the Slaanesh symbol there is an image that is VERY akin to the headgear styles of Morathi and Malekith (pre-Malerion).

aos-chaos-pantheon.jpg

Yup that's what I have been saying in my post at the top of the page I think the army is going to be corrupt humans and aelves. The aelves are going to be the "unique" thing about the army just like the tea angoras for tzeentch.

You can distile that out of it or: GW just changed the symbol because the old one was a male/female/hermaphrodite symbol.  

In addition it's also not that relevant for GW to change things up again for lore, the prime thing you do not want to have sticking onto you is the general consensus that is there revolving around Slaanesh, drugs and sexuality. While recent years might have toned down Slaanesh compaired to Slaanesh from 1992, the key is that it is known for much more as the last edition and sexuality was most certainly a drivng point for Slaanesh in a lot of the WFB lore. Lore that goes 25 years deep. 

My expectation remains Mortals, Sound based attacks/control and Theatrical representations of Daemons. As he is the 'Dark God' now and likes excess he's very much being set up to be the cultist aspect in AoS. In addition, like many things GW is doing Sound based attacks blend in very well with 40K's Emperor's Children. Though as said before, I'd be suprised to see anything AoS Slaanesh before 2019. 

36 minutes ago, Killax said:

You can distile that out of it or: GW just changed the symbol because the old one was a male/female/hermaphrodite symbol.  

In addition it's also not that relevant for GW to change things up again for lore, the prime thing you do not want to have sticking onto you is the general consensus that is there revolving around Slaanesh, drugs and sexuality. While recent years might have toned down Slaanesh compaired to Slaanesh from 1992, the key is that it is known for much more as the last edition and sexuality was most certainly a drivng point for Slaanesh in a lot of the WFB lore. Lore that goes 25 years deep. 

My expectation remains Mortals, Sound based attacks/control and Theatrical representations of Daemons. As he is the 'Dark God' now and likes excess he's very much being set up to be the cultist aspect in AoS. In addition, like many things GW is doing Sound based attacks blend in very well with 40K's Emperor's Children. Though as said before, I'd be suprised to see anything AoS Slaanesh before 2019. 

Erm they still use slaanesh old symbol in the campaign books and stories in AOS so I don't think that's why they showed us that symbol. There are plenty and far more possibly offensive things in warhammer than slaanesh's symbol. 

BLPROCESSED-godless-advent-ebook.jpg

That image was part of the white dwarf around the time AOS came out to hint what happened to the dark prince. Asking us what we think happened. Considering what Morathi was doing in the AOS campaign book and what they have done in AOS stories with slaanesh it's still the same.

The members of the community who think slaanesh is only about drugs and sexuality are just following the memes without reading the content that actually involves slaanesh. Same thing with 40k people think the same of emperors children being obsessed with drugs as well when that's not the case.

At most when slaanesh does come out GW are just going to be blunt about it instead of subtle cause as always memes are more important than what the actual lore says.

I do agree that slaanesh will take the reins further on the cult angle since reading the disciples of tzeentch I personally think tzeentch is not taking full advantage of the normal people in the cities. 

I know it is unlikely that they will change the daemonettes but I have never liked those models with their claws, and to be honest I've never really enjoyed the Slaanesh vibe, it feels underdeveloped because it pushes against the "hobby is for everyone" atmosphere that GW espouse, and feels instead like a more 80s borne classic 'dark fantasy' schtick. 

That said, I do think you could reinvent them in ways that allude to their origins without being explicit, a festival of excess that's focused on dancing and celebration but with allusions to the immense potential for pain that is the flipside of that.

Given GWs new sculpts being pretty dynamic and full of brittle detail, I could see Daemonettes reborn as wardancer types, androgynous warriors in ballet poses, with dameonic energy being drawn out of their hands to create the scything claws, instead of just having their hands be crab claws, like the excess of their celebration is tearing reality down around them instead of them... just having crab claws (seriously, what's with the claws?)

They should also go heavy on the smug factor, the Slaanesh daemon prince is a great model, he looks so aloof despite his lithe stature compared to the muscled gits of other forces.

The Seekers are interesting, and given how good the Gryph-chargers are I think they would be ripe for remodelling as crueller, sleeker enemies, all plumed and fancy but with razor sharp tongues and claws.

I'd love to see a Blight-Kings analogue for their elite, except make them a little bit like the Cenobites from Hellraiser, exquisitely clothed adrogynous daemons with horrific elements to them, lots of thin sharp weapons that imply an intimate knowledge of specific pain instead of the brutal violence of Khorne. Think big dramatic posed models with exaggerated limbs armed with fine whips, razor wires and stilleto blades

The snake motif for the greater daemons is fine too, but in keeping with the excess Idea I'd love to see a centrepiece model that was almost like a parade float with daemonettes dancing around a lazing daemon in a giant jewelled throne, one hand cockily on a painful looking weapon but resting  his head on another hand totally disinterested.

That's my take anyway. I know people dig the sex and violence vibe, but it's not in GW's remit anymore and that's fine. The hobby evolves. 

On 5-4-2017 at 11:28 AM, shinros said:

That image was part of the white dwarf around the time AOS came out to hint what happened to the dark prince. 

Thats the key point I'm making, GW decided to produce some last content for the WFB overlap to AoS, many hardcore WFB players either can embrace the changes AoS have brought or they can't and look for Ninth Age or another fanmade edition. 

The moral is that the larger part of players not diving into Slaanesh lore thinks it's about drug, lusts and extacy. Since AoS came out this isn't what Slaanesh represents anymore but it certainly used to in WFB.

Slaanesh is very likely comming back as depicted in 40K, much more sound based, festival based and generally working of that and much less as lusts, drugs and torture (latter one will remain Dark Elfs and Dark Eldar domain) , in that same vein Mortals of Slaanesh will be very akin to Emperor's Childern, that's my thake on it really. 

This is a how would you topic, not a how does X think about Y players idea. You can dissagree all you want with it and doesn't remove my expectation or personal plan. 

2 hours ago, Killax said:

Thats the key point I'm making, GW decided to produce some last content for the WFB overlap to AoS, many hardcore WFB players either can embrace the changes AoS have brought or they can't and look for Ninth Age or another fanmade edition. 

The moral is that the larger part of players not diving into Slaanesh lore thinks it's about drug, lusts and extacy. Since AoS came out this isn't what Slaanesh represents anymore but it certainly used to in WFB.

Slaanesh is very likely comming back as depicted in 40K, much more sound based, festival based and generally working of that and much less as lusts, drugs and torture (latter one will remain Dark Elfs and Dark Eldar domain) , in that same vein Mortals of Slaanesh will be very akin to Emperor's Childern, that's my thake on it really. 

This is a how would you topic, not a how does X think about Y players idea. You can dissagree all you want with it and doesn't remove my expectation or personal plan. 

Agreed.

The old WHFB lore never specified Slaaneshs obsession with sex and in actual fact if people read into it was very similar to the 40k version.

However sex sells . . . .

Even in 40k as well as whfb whenever they focused on the whole pain is pleasure for them it wasent just any old pleasure it was always sexualized.

And most of the people doing the models and art work seemed to focus on the whole androgynous siren thing for all its daemons and crazed sex pests for its mortal champions.

Even in Lord of Undeath the Slaanesh champion felt a little awkward in my opinion as it kept mentioning the words excess and corruption and pleasure. as if it wanted to say "Im a sex crazed lunatic who wants to go 50 shades darker with Neferata" but had a PG censorship on him. Rather than really exploring a different aspect of slaanesh. The exception to this a felt was his general appreciation for NuLahmia and its decadence

allthough Sigvald was a little better because he had aspects to him that covered the other parts of Slaanesh such as his vanity and perfection.

I think there are many directions to go but i do think its alot harder to write it into lore than people think as many of the other types of excess (Like food for example) what that would look like is so far removed from the current aesthetic its hard to picture it.

I think a lot of the rumours stem in part from the transition between the old metal daemonettes and the current plastic ones.

The old metals were pure cheesecake fan-service. More than two bare nipples per average per model, a spine so curved it practically doubled back on itself, a whole unit of pole-dancer poses.

The new ones have one boob each, nipples hidden behind ornate corsets and half their chest flat anyway. They are simultaneously more daemonic (with extra claws, talons, and tails) and closer to actual human anatomy spine-wise. Their hairstyles are more butch (short and spiky rather than long and flowing), their outfits are more ****** than stripper, and their poses more combatant.

As a teenage boy, I was appalled by the change. As an adult man returning to them after a few years, I realise that I actually prefer the newer plastics.

I honestly don't think there's anything to these rumours, and if there is then I think it would be fairly easy re-do the existing models either without ******, or with boob-plate.

That's not to say they don't have something new planned — it feels like GW want to re-do every aspect of AoS with something different from WFB. Yeah, it's probably Aelfs.

To give a little bit of comment on the last edition of metal daemons... From 2002 and on we saw that GW was much less inspired in terms of models as they ever where. A lot of the dynamic certain models had where lost and a lot of great sculpts where not really true to the intentional ideas of GW.

As to why they implemented that change (because honestly the really old Daemons do have a striking resemblance to the latest plastics) I really don't know. I guess that at the time it could very well be that GW felt more comfortable in having sculptors express themselves as good as possible within the limits a metal model gave.

What it's very important to keep in mind by comparing things to 17 years ago is that the development of digital sculpting has increased by so much that the quality between a handmade sculpt and digital sculpt is very difficult to judge in one or the other being better. What we do know is that digital sculpting and printing is something that allows GW to create models roughly in 1/3rd in the period it used to. We see this with all the new releases, characters and general ways that a digital sculpt allows you to easily remodel parts of a model so that the creative design remains while details are different.

For GW it isn't that they can't create a sexual undertone for models but due to their size as a compagny it's quite obvious that they'd avoid it if possible. The market for GW isn't 18+ it's 13+. Compair it to a comic store having Playboys on the shelf, it isn't that they can't do it, it just means your selling something that parents can clearly critique and thus keep you away from that store. 

For me, the current plastic daemonettes look like they are loitering around a Camden "alternative" nightclub, with absolutely no suggestion of the speed that the faction is associated with. Ditto the plastic seekers

The Diaz sculpts were dynamic and lithe, and I feel those Preying Mantis models from Raging Heroes are the best in-production option for that kind of dynamism.

Witch elves are a bit too "elfy" for me, but would also be an option with the right daemonic paintjob.

As a Spanish guy what I'm gonna say its heresy, but I think that the new daemonettes are a better concept that the Juan Diaz Daemonettes.

Yes yes, before you burn me in the stake, let me explain myself.

From a pure aesthetical standpoint, I agre, I like more the Juan Diaz daemonettes. But from a Thematical standpoint in the Warhammer Universe I find them much inferior to the actual Daemonettes.

Why? Well. The Juan Diaz daemonetes are sexy, yes, are dynamic. But thats it. Warhammer Daemonettes aren't sucubbus. Slaanesh its not only about being sexy and about sex. Why daemons of nigthmare that should represent a Androginal God of Excess should be titty ladys with tentacles on their heads?

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/8/80/Tome_of_Corruption_by_RalphHorsley.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130323195720

This is Slaanesh! The new Daemonettes represent perfectly well the twist that Warhammer has to the "sexy sucubbus" trope. They are monsters, totally alien, they use MAGIC to attract people, they aren't sexy! They are ugly, totally disgusting! Because thats what its Slaanesh all about. Its the most filthy ugliness disguised as "perfection" and "beauty"

Thats why, although from a pure aesthetical level I prefer the Juan Diaz ones, from a thematical standpoint, my seal of "Best Warhammer Daemonettes" go to the ones we have now. But yes. I'll prefer the Daemonettes of now to have more dinamic and agyle posses.

53 minutes ago, Galas said:

As a Spanish guy what I'm gonna say its heresy, but I think that the new daemonettes are a better concept that the Juan Diaz Daemonettes.

Yes yes, before you burn me in the stake, let me explain myself.

From a pure aesthetical standpoint, I agre, I like more the Juan Diaz daemonettes. But from a Thematical standpoint in the Warhammer Universe I find them much inferior to the actual Daemonettes.

Why? Well. The Juan Diaz daemonetes are sexy, yes, are dynamic. But thats it. Warhammer Daemonettes aren't sucubbus. Slaanesh its not only about being sexy and about sex. Why daemons of nigthmare that should represent a Androginal God of Excess should be titty ladys with tentacles on their heads?

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/8/80/Tome_of_Corruption_by_RalphHorsley.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130323195720

This is Slaanesh! The new Daemonettes represent perfectly well the twist that Warhammer has to the "sexy sucubbus" trope. They are monsters, totally alien, they use MAGIC to attract people, they aren't sexy! They are ugly, totally disgusting! Because thats what its Slaanesh all about. Its the most filthy ugliness disguised as "perfection" and "beauty"

Thats why, although from a pure aesthetical level I prefer the Juan Diaz ones, from a thematical standpoint, my seal of "Best Warhammer Daemonettes" go to the ones we have now. But yes. I'll prefer the Daemonettes of now to have more dinamic and agyle posses.

Agreed they also look closer to the realm to darkness daemonettes. After putting several of them together for my slaanesh army I prefer em. In my mind you would see the Diaz daemonettes when they got the glamour on but off you get the newer plastics when they sink their claws into you. They use musks and magic to lure people in. They are half male and female like slaanesh and I like that aspect of them. 

Some heads on the newer plastics look more masculine while some look more feminine. Plus I think they are pretty fun to paint. 

I think they would savor the terror more of their victim when they do this. As you said it's been said in all lore that slaaneshi's have the most revolting and terrible looking souls with how cruel they are underneath the "facade".  

To be honest, I kind of want to see GW reinvent Slaanesh's model line entirely. I've always liked the idea of Slaanesh - the corruption, the hedonism, the pride - but the model line completely fails to deliver on its background. Compared to the other gods Slaanesh lacks a strong, cohesive element to unify it like Nurgle's decay, Tzeentch's weirdness, or Khorne's spikes and skulls. Slaanesh mortals don't have a whole lot in common with the daemons. Some of those daemons are feminine (kinda), but some are just weird monster things that look very different to the daemonettes. It's a bit all over the place really!

I do wonder where they'll go with the aesthetic, though. The whole bare-chested/ornate detail classical vibe has already been taken over by Tzeentch's acolytes. Sure, you can give Slaanesh worshippers spartan helms, but is this really enough to distinguish them? 

Perhaps the answer is to make Slaanesh's mortal followers aelves rather than humans... emphasise grace, speed, billowing ribbons and cloaks, and perhaps even an ethereal/ghostly element on parts. I'd like to see GW release a DoT style tome that allowed you to build shadow aelves loyal to either Malerion or to Slaanesh (with differing allegiance abilities and items to distinguish a shared model lineup)...

Background

Slaanesh would undoubtedly be weaker at the time of the realm gate wars since his brothers hold all the territory and the remaining mortals don't have time in their lives for much excess what with  all the getting eaten by Bloodreavers.  With the founding of Sigmar's cities all that will change. All the Dark Gods play on mortals' fears and desires. Khorne offers strength and through it freedom from being downtrodden, Nurgle offers an escape from illness and death, Tzeentch promises power and a release from being a victim of circumstance whilst Slaanesh fulfils our desire for sensation and recognition. Slaanesh's gifts should be raw charisma, the ability to manipulate others into fulfilling your wishes.  His worship should bring out narcissistic traits which only grow as the devotee's control over others leads them to ever greater excess. The sex, drugs and rock and roll theme is there, but it's underlying. 

As far as his reintroduction goes, I like the idea of Morathi and Slaanesh weakening the bond between Tyrion, Teclis and Malareon, expedited by Teclis's actions in the end times and the return of Allarielle. In the end Tyrone is tricked into attacking Malareon and inadvertently releasing Slaanesh.

Models

It has to be said that GW is doing much better in its representation of women. In the sixth Ed days you either had battle sisters (boob armour) or practically naked Daemonettes,  witch elves and sisters repentia. Even maiden guard wore miniskirts and stripper boots. Nowadays you have sisters of the thorn and watch, less overtly sexualisd daemons of slaanesh, female Stormcast,  and a number of ranges like Eldar and dark Eldar which feature female minis in similar armour to their male comrades. For many parents and women in the hobby (as well as plenty of guys) the issue with the sexual side of Slaanesh was that it was only the female characters who were portrayed in this way, and that this was by and large the only portrayal of women in the mini lines.

With that in mind, I'd like to see new cultist minis based on a combination of the dark eldar wyches and Hellstrider aesthetics. Elites would be heavily armoured, wierdly mutated similar to some of the artwork in older books but with highly ornate and ornamented weapons and armour, to the point of being impractical.

Rules

Again I'd like to see Slaanesh fulfill a different niche to the other Goss.  Khorne is all about raw hitting power and synergy; Nurgle's focus is resilience whilst Slaanesh is about manipulating probability. For me Slaanesh should be about speed, but also psychology and manipulating your opponent.

Abilities that play on your opponent's fears, motivations and desires all play into Slaanesh's vibe. A few suggestions:

- The fact that Slaanesh followers 'play with their food' makes opponents take battle shock tests with negative modifiers in CC. Likewise reveling in the pain means that Slaaneshi units should have high bravery in general or re-roll battleshock.

- Powers and command abilities that slow your opponent's reactions, slowing their movement or negatively affecting their roll for initiative, perhaps even auto winning the roll once a game, giving a guaranteed double turn (or denying your opponent one) when you most need it.

- The ability to corrupt enemies, causing enemy units to attack themselves.

- Enemy within batallions allowing you to take certain mortal order units representing cults of pleasure. These would gain the Slaanesh and Chaos keywords.

Archived