Family photo! Post a picture of your army!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone!

Been working a little in between commission, classes and internship on a personal orc force. I have yet to play as I just got back into a personal project after about 3 years off. I cannot wait to show you my scratch built rock lobber when its finished.

FullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender_2.jpgFullSizeRender_1.jpg

1 hour ago, Soulsmith said:

@Lysandestolpe That is an awesome looking mini force. Great painting, and the whole thing has a sense of motion. you've even made standard boyz look good, and I thought those old sculpts were beyond saving now.

Thanks man!

Yeah they are definitely old, I used the spears from the boar boyz to get rid of some old 90's sculpting. The old shields are great because of their good size that has space for some small freehand logos. However, some of the heads are just terrible. :S 

1 hour ago, Lysandestolpe said:

Thanks man!

Yeah they are definitely old, I used the spears from the boar boyz to get rid of some old 90's sculpting. The old shields are great because of their good size that has space for some small freehand logos. However, some of the heads are just terrible. :S 

Is there no hope of using boar boy heads on the old bodies or were there none spare? Otherwise they have a chance I suppose, though I think savages will always win out for me.

1 hour ago, Soulsmith said:

Is there no hope of using boar boy heads on the old bodies or were there none spare? Otherwise they have a chance I suppose, though I think savages will always win out for me.

I actually tried and have a few with those heads. the connection between head and neck is different, so one would need to do some minor greenstuff work there. I will post pictures once they are done. On the more recent boyz I glued, I even utilized some torsos from the boar boyz as well.

Personally, I did not care for the savages too much. They are cool, but their boarboyz look odd without holding onto the boar. Had they done the same pose as the regular boar boyz (holding on to the furr), then I would have gone with a savage army for sure! :D

10 minutes ago, Soulsmith said:

Fair enough. I look forward to seeing them! I have some savage boars I will get round to eventually, but I bought them years ago and now I must say I prefer the standard boars.

The savage boars are fantastic to use for the chariot conversion as you do not need to greenstuff anything. :)

6 minutes ago, Lysandestolpe said:

The savage boars are fantastic to use for the chariot conversion as you do not need to greenstuff anything. :)

Oh for sure, but I couldn't bear to just have savage boar riders sitting around uselessly. I want a savage contingent anyway.

@Gorthor21 I'd recommend Halberds for the rend. They also get a bonus to hit depending on unit size. Couple that with a general and a beasts wizard you could potentially be hitting and wounding on 2's

Longbeards could also be pretty fun, with a warden king and a Runepriest. They give you the ability to use Duardian Hero command abilities within 8" so you could essentially run double inspiring presence or something tastier. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived