Behold the Kharadron Overlords!

For my wallet I hope so too. What are we expecting for prices?

The Start Collecting I can see coming with One hero, 10 arkanauts, and the smallest ship, Or alternatively  Hero, 10 Arkanauts and 3 Skyriggers. Given that Tzeentch got a Dameon one but not an acolyte one might suggest it's unlikely though.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Mohojoe I gotta get my money! K04L1F3

Another thing I've been mulling over. I'd expect the SC: KO to be a unit of Skyriggers, Arkanaut Company and a Gunhauler...Endrinmaster as the Hero.

Gunhauler $60

Frigate: $90

Ironclad: $115

Brokk Grungsson: $50 (Hehehe now I want to give mine a mullet and a metal plate on his chest)

Skyriggers: $45

Arkanaut Company: $50

Thunderers: $50

All other characters: $40

18 minutes ago, Dez said:

@Mohojoe I gotta get my money! K04L1F3

Another thing I've been mulling over. I'd expect the SC: KO to be a unit of Skyriggers, Arkanaut Company and a Gunhauler...Endrinmaster as the Hero.

Gunhauler $60

Frigate: $90

Ironclad: $115

Brokk Grungsson: $50 (Hehehe now I want to give mine a mullet and a metal plate on his chest)

Skyriggers: $45

Arkanaut Company: $50

Thunderers: $50

All other characters: $40

I sure hope you're talking AUD or CAD!

9 minutes ago, DynamicCalories said:

Actually looking at the US store for Stormcast, that's quite conservative: The Lord Cellestant on Dracoth is $140, and the Ironclad dwarfs it.

3 Skyriggers for $45 or 10 Arkanaut for $50, makes them quite a bit more than the new Tzaangor/Acolytes, where you get 3 Skyfires for $35, 10 Tzaangors for $40, not to mention 20 Kairic Acolytes for $50. The new Tzaangor character on disc and Changeling are both only $35

I would be surprised if they made them cost so much more than comparable models of the army they just released a month ago. My guess is that the Ironclad is $115, Frigate around $60, and the Gunhauler, which doesn't look that big at all, around $40.

Wait. Did you pay the same for the Kairic Acolytes than for the Tzaangors? here Kairic cost 40€ for 20 and Tzaangors (the AoS variant) cost 32,5€ for 10.

Why they cost the same in $? Tzaangors are like 20% cheaper in total. Per model are 50% more expensive.

EDIT: Ok nevermind, I saw the edit to correct the Tzaangors price.

3 minutes ago, Galas said:

Wait. Did you pay the same for the Kairic Acolytes than for the Tzaangors? here Kairic cost 40€ for 20 and Tzaangors (the AoS variant) cost 32,5€ for 10.

Why they cost the same in $?

Typo, I edited it. $50 for 20 Kairic Acolytes, $40 for 10 Tzaangor.

10 minutes ago, DynamicCalories said:

I was mainly talking about the Ironclad, I hope they are closer matched to the DoT stuff, but I can't see such a massive model being cheaper than the Dracoth Lad. Then again, Greater/Kairos is well valued for such a huge model.

Maybe, they've been reeling in the prices of new releases a bit lately, so we can hope for something relatively sane.

The bigger issue with be the points per $ really. If you're expected to run multiple Ironclads at $115 each, that's going to add up fast, same with the smaller ships.

These guys will be sky-high points especially if the infantry is 2 wounds.  The Ironclad will be north of 500 with 4 cannons, a minigun, bombs, and whatever the characters on it do.  Probably highly durable with little hand to hand options so it will shoot mostly as it doesn't look like it'd try to ram anything.

2 minutes ago, daedalus81 said:

These guys will be sky-high points especially if the infantry is 2 wounds.  The Ironclad will be north of 500 with 4 cannons, a minigun, bombs, and whatever the characters on it do.  Probably highly durable with little hand to hand options so it will shoot mostly as it doesn't look like it'd try to ram anything.

I'm not banking on the infantry having two wounds, it seems unnecessary (at least for the Arkanaut Company, maybe on the Grundstok Thunderers). I'm also guessing that the cannons aren't going to be full-fledged cannons, probably just a 4 shots at D3 damage. Hopefully the bombs are better than the Gyrobomber's bombs. If anything you may be paying for resilience, and special deployment rules (for it and the Arkanaut Company inside)... all this based on absolutely nothing. Man I want more info badly...

19 hours ago, pachawar said:

6 times, in one thread though.

Is the irony lost on you that you're beating the same drum, just a different tune?  why is it not OK for him to frequently post that he likes the stuff, but OK for you to repeatedly post why you don't like him doing so?

It would be different if you were just posting why you don't like the stuff, but you're actually ridiculing someone else for enjoying something.  Not cool.  If you're not interested, go find a thread (or game) that suits you.  But don't be a wet blanket on someone else's enthusiasm.

15 hours ago, amysrevenge said:

What we've got is a sliding scale of what we consider acceptable for the other guy to do with his army.  Let's not pretend - this isn't about what you want to do with your own army; if you want the colours to match a sp[ecific scheme for any reason, you can make them match.  This is about minimum standards you demand of the other guy.  And let's not pretend again - by making this demand, we are saying "meet this standard or stay home" - we are explicitly excluding the other guy if he won't meet this standard. 

Well said, sir.  I don't think anyone could disagree with this.  (Well, except for Sleboda).

I paint my armies the colors I want.  There's a vast difference between equipment and the color it's painted, and any attempt to compare them is a false equivalency.  News flash: If some particular Kharadron or Stormcast faction member were to wear differently colored armor in the world of the game, they would still perform the same way.  If a Barak-Nar member put on red and white armor, he wouldn't suddenly gain different abilities.

Personally, I think the best way to deal with someone who's that uptight about your army matching their expectation, is to find someone else who's interested in having fun and let that guy just play with himself.  Have fun pushing your little dudesmen around an empty table and muttering about how no one else can understand how important it is to play "by the book" as if it's Holy Writ.

Im a bit baffled by the pain for rules debate. This was never an issue before and it certainly isn't something new. The new SCE tone had this with its differential stormhosts.

The Sylvaneth had this with its different clans. 

If you play with a gnarlroot clan battalion you probably paint them to match or....if not isn't that ok too? 

My Sylvaneth are painted to match none of the suggested color schemes from the battletome. The important thing with the battalions is that the model are within the requirements right? 

In the immortal words of the Hitchhiker's Guide: Don't Panic.

Maybe the battalions will require you to paint the units within them a certain way, maybe they won't. If they do I don't see a lot of players following those restrictions since the freedom to paint your army how you like is one of the main creative draws of this hobby. 

I can see GW recommending a certain colour scheme for a battalion if that battalion is meant to represent a specific force, but I don't see them making it mandatory. No need to worry about it until it (possibly) eventuates. 

As long as you have your army painted to a decent table top quality no one is going to care if the color scheme does not match.  AOS is a new game, everything is still fresh.  There is not decades worth of lore behind these color paletes and even if it had as long as your opponent knows what you are playing there should be no problem. 

Archived