Best retailers?

Kosmion

I think Wayland its cheaper. But beware, if they don't have it in stock, you will need to wait 1-2 weeks before they are re-stocked and send to you. 

But as they say: You can have it now, or you can save money.

https://www.waylandgames.co.uk/quick-order

EDIT: Actually no! Triplehelixwargames its cheaper! Wow. Did you know their send time? Maybe I cancel the Start Collecting! Slaves to Darkness I have with Wayland and order it to them. I'm don't expect mine from Wayland before the 18th, and I order it the 28 of February! :P 

EDIT: Ok no, the product its cheaper, but Wayland cost me 4 pounds to ship to Spain and the cheaper option that Triplehelix give me its 15 pounds T.T

I use firestorm games I found via the heelan hammer podcast, they're cheap an fast, with additional discount from the podcast, I think they have additional release day/preorder discounts but it's been a while since I brought anything 

Triple Helix has some bad reviews online - lots of tales of orders that never turn up. Not seeing anything so bad about Dark Sphere - anyone got any clue how long their delivery takes? Element are insanely fast so I don't mind the fiver extra you end up playing on models (still cheaper than GW) but a Maggoth Lord for £35 is very tempting.

I've always used elementgames. Not the cheapest, but always cheaper than GW.

They tell you what is and isn't in stock and i've never had a problem.

Only downside is that the threshold for free delviery is £80.

Edit: and doesn't look like it's free delivery in EU. So probably no good for you.

4 hours ago, DynamicCalories said:

Triple Helix has some bad reviews online - lots of tales of orders that never turn up. Not seeing anything so bad about Dark Sphere - anyone got any clue how long their delivery takes? Element are insanely fast so I don't mind the fiver extra you end up playing on models (still cheaper than GW) but a Maggoth Lord for £35 is very tempting.

Everytime I have used Darksphere I have ordered at the weekend and it was dispatched on the Monday, arrived on Wed, but I have never ordered anything they didn't have in stock.

While we're at it, anyone got good US mail order options?  I've used Warstore for the price, but they over promise/make it vague about turnaround times.

I'd like to know that what I order is on hand when I order, not wait weeks for them to order to fill my order.  I've been just gong to my local GW and paying  full price just because I know they have it when I want it. 

So, I want cheap and fast. ?

I would like to say this. 

Using cheaper outlet stores is fine, but try and still support local games workshop stores also, store fonts help get people into the hobby, act as a good place to spend a afternoon hobbying, get some free games in, meet fellow hobbyists and form a great social location etc,

These stores need our support. If they aren't seen as a good investment they won't be operated by gw. 

Trust me, my local GW and orher decent, friendly, service- oriented shops get loads of my money with the sub $100 purchases. I used to be a GW sales guy selling to local shops, so I know their situation. 

But when I've got a $500+ purchase planned and I can get it all for $400 and then add on $100 in paints. scenery, or other "eh, might as well pick up this other thing I can live without but since it's effectively free I'll get it" stuff, I'm gonna.

Triple Helix don't keep everything in stock but are roughly 5% cheaper than most of the main stream companies, if you're after cost rather than speed I've not come across better (they're actually 30 minutes away from where I live too).

Element Games are superb - order before 3pm and you'll get next day delivery (this includes Saturday).  You can also build up "crystals" which allow you to have money off future orders.

I had some really slow orders and poor communication from Wayland at one point and moved over to Element in a "throw my toys out the pram" moment, think it was for some pretty basic stuff like paints which their website said was in stock and ended up taking weeks to arrive.  However since then they have redone the stock part of the website so likely have improved.

Imps Gaming is a fairly new kid on the block and sponsor the Bravery One podcast.  Pretty good discount and from the podcast you get a discount code for the next order too.

Firestorm Games I've heard lots of positives about, but the couple of times I've looked have found they're generally not as cheap as Element.

On 3/12/2017 at 2:20 PM, mdkinker said:

Since this has been answered, I wonder if I could hijack it and ask for options in the States? Many of the options in this thread don't ship across the pond.

For ordering in the United States I'm a fan of Doc's Discount Games as far as pricing and customer service, and their (free) domestic ship times are good as long as they have the product in stock.  They do an additional pre-order discount, & have a xcel sheet catalog in case you don't see it on their website.

43 minutes ago, Dotification said:

For ordering in the United States I'm a fan of Doc's Discount Games as far as pricing and customer service, and their (free) domestic ship times are good as long as they have the product in stock.  They do an additional pre-order discount, & have a xcel sheet catalog in case you don't see it on their website.

Thanks for this referral! Anyone else have any input on where to shop online in the States? I am curious as well! I am new to AoS and have a few buddies that are as well!

Thanks in advance

Archived