Stormcast V Stormcast - what counters Concussors?

Major

So I played a SC v SC today. 1500pt game. I lost. Miserably... what on earth is a good counter for these blimmin concusors?! they just absolutely RUIN my infantry and make mince of anything that isnt on a stardrake. Any advice welcome!

but thats 10 paladins. I guess looking at it points for points, the concussors are what, 220 points? 280 max? what is 10 paladins going to cost me and chasing those bad boys around the table all game would suuuuck, using Liberators to accept the charge and then pile in with other units could be viable, but... that ranged attack they have too... ugh, are they just non-counterable (if thats even a word lol) currently?

Well, you could always just take Concussors of your own :P

Any heavy hitters take them down. Other Dracothian Guard units (Fulminators especially on the charge will make decent work of them), Celestant Prime if you get him to charge, mass Judicators can whittle them down before they get within charge distance, or if you're able to, pump mortal wounds into them with heroes like the Lord-Celestant/Knight-Heraldor/Lord-Relictor. Or, a Stardrake that gets the charge should chew through them.

You're not going to counter them with infantry dudes footslogging unless you outmaneuver him or spam shooting out the wazoo.

8 minutes ago, Major said:

but thats 10 paladins. I guess looking at it points for points, the concussors are what, 220 points? 280 max? what is 10 paladins going to cost me and chasing those bad boys around the table all game would suuuuck, using Liberators to accept the charge and then pile in with other units could be viable, but... that ranged attack they have too... ugh, are they just non-counterable (if thats even a word lol) currently?

5 Retributors would probably still take out 2 concussors, rolling well.

Just now, Major said:

I like this. I like this a lot. But do you mean the Disruptive Fire that could cause -1 to hit rolls? I didn't know there was a -2 with them?

If you use units of 2 and have let's say 2 units use the ability on the same enemy unit it stacks and they get -2 to hit. Or -3 to hit if you use 3 units. ;)

Disruptive Fire: At the start of your shooting phase, you can declare that this unit will concentrate its fire on an enemy unit within 12". All models from this unit must attack that unit with their Volleystorm Crossbows. Until your next hero phase, your opponent must subtract 1 from the result of any hit rolls made for that unit .

The rule is clear and it speaks specifically for the unit you activate. If you declare 2 units will concentrate their fire they both inflict the de-buff. It stacks.

5 Retributors with 2 Maces on regular dudes will do between 8 and 10 wounds total (after saves) against Concussors (averages out at 9 wounds, but Retributors do 2 wounds a piece, hence 8-10), provided they strike first. If you are lucky, you can kill two, if not one will be left standing and severely damaged.

There are plenty of Formations that get the Retributors where you need them, so mobility shouldn't be an issue.

Archived