Let's Build a 2k Point List: Hybrid Order Army

chriskilbourn

At one point I was interested in making a mixed Order army based on the haven faction from Heroes of might and magic.

So some basic troopers/archers (Freeguild?) some gryphons (Demigryph Knights), maybe a semi-regular looking wizard, and then a Celestant prime for that big bad Angel unit.

As @rokapoke points out, the Celestial Hurricanum is almost a must-have. It's just such an amazingly good unit for its points cost. With Liberators as battleline and that, you'll sit at 620 points spent and a fairly decent anvil, so let's look into offence and board control.

If you want a ranged threat, the Kurnoth Hunters are going to be absolutely devastating, and it will further reinforce your anvil. You also want some really big and decent characters that can both take advantage of the Hurricanum and carry the game by themselves - I think a Lord-Celestant on Dracoth will be a fine addition. Your big problem will be your command ability. You'll want something that gives you more than just a single unit combat buff, which is going to be difficult with a spread faction army. Your "killer" unit choice will depend largely on this, if you go Executioners, or Retributors, or another route entirely.

Also, don't forget the Engine of the Gods. That thing can be just... ugh.

13 hours ago, Immersturm said:

Do a Sigmarite Crusade. Judicators, the Devoted of Sigmar Formation as bubblewrap, a Hurricanum, something that hits like a fraight train like Paladins or Dracothian Guard, a Hydra, Knight Venators, the Prime maybe? Take your pick, but it must be holy ;)

Sigmarite Crusade!! Something about that sounds fantastic. That is the theme of my future army and I might just grab that name. In the past I had the war alter, warrior priests and flaggies but now they will have the awesomeness of the stormcasts as well

I'm falling more and more in love with the Luminark of Hysh in partnership with the Hurricanum.  SCE don't have the strongest armour save in the world so the Aura of Protection will synagerise nicely (along with the attacking benefits). It's also great value in points 

Archived