Knights Panther "counts as" suggestion

jobume

Hi! Just before the Old World exploded I painted 20 knights panther. I am a slow painter and I have very little hobby time, so this took me a while. As compendium scrolls are now being disallowed at many tournaments, I am no longer able to use them as Empire Knights in tournaments. The last tournament I went to disallowed compendium but allowed TK and Brets, and the TO allowed me to run them as Brettonian Knights of the Realm. Now, the next tourney will ban Brett's also, so I was wondering if there are any good "counts as" warscrolls for my beloved knights?

Well, they are not much different from Demigryph Knights. Mount them on the new oval bases and you should be good to go. Beyond that, the only other armoured cavalry (except Dracothian Guard, which are simply too big) in the Order faction are High Elves, namely the Order Draconis guys (the name escapes me). If you get an Imperial General on a Dragon (posing as Elf guy on Dragon), you could run them as counts-as Order Draconis. Or you could just take the Order Draconis cavalry in a regular Free People army, as all Order factions can be mixed now. They can be your heavy cav, although you lose out of some synergy due to keywords.

19 hours ago, jobume said:

Hi! Just before the Old World exploded I painted 20 knights panther. I am a slow painter and I have very little hobby time, so this took me a while. As compendium scrolls are now being disallowed at many tournaments, I am no longer able to use them as Empire Knights in tournaments. The last tournament I went to disallowed compendium but allowed TK and Brets, and the TO allowed me to run them as Brettonian Knights of the Realm. Now, the next tourney will ban Brett's also, so I was wondering if there are any good "counts as" warscrolls for my beloved knights?

Unless you have a flexible TO that'll let you make your Knights Panther as Demigryph Knights or Pistoliers/Outriders, I think your Knights Panther will be sitting on the shelf like mine...

21 hours ago, KHHaunts said:

or possibly repaint the as undead and field them as black or blood knights?

If one is going the Death route, it might be fun to use them as Crypt Horrors. This also works with Bretonnian models. I think it could be cool to have a Flesh-eaters Courts army made up of models representing how they see themselves rather than how they actually are.

4 minutes ago, ANevskyUSA said:

If one is going the Death route, it might be fun to use them as Crypt Horrors. This also works with Bretonnian models. I think it could be cool to have a Flesh-eaters Courts army made up of models representing how they see themselves rather than how they actually are.

Interesting . ...

would love to say how somethink like that would end up.

Do you think you would just paint them as normal knights or would there be "Something" on them that alludes to their ture nature?

Ignore the Death players. ;)

Dragon Blades/Dragon Princes would probably be your best bet. Nobody's to say what aelves wear in AoS and they have similar warscrolls and roles on the battlefield. Just make sure you don't run any heads with moustaches as we all know not many elves can grow those!

3 hours ago, KHHaunts said:

Interesting . ...

would love to say how somethink like that would end up.

Do you think you would just paint them as normal knights or would there be "Something" on them that alludes to their ture nature?

Perhaps you could paint them normally, but do the death thing with the bases - like half-eaten bodies or gnawed bones.

16 hours ago, ANevskyUSA said:

Perhaps you could paint them normally, but do the death thing with the bases - like half-eaten bodies or gnawed bones.

Yeah.

alongside that i was thinking of maybe making the colors a little off and/or irradecent effects or something. To give off the impression that its a dream or illusion.

Archived