Let's chat Disciples of Tzeentch

Nico

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Nevvermore said:

Do we know if Acolytes and Tzaangor will still allow for mixed weapon units? I've got 15 Tzaangor and 20 Acolytes from Silver Tower and would like to keep using them...

I would not bank on that.  You'll see the big 2 hander as a special per 5 and then 3 options - (great weapon, sword and board, dual wield).

On 04/01/2017 at 9:12 AM, Nevvermore said:

Where? Can't find it in any FAQ.

On 04/01/2017 at 9:43 AM, Arkiham said:

Dunno, they may have deleted it but I definitely remember seeing it mentioned. I'll see if I have any old faq saved

GHB FAQ, second Errata : You must record your army alleigeance BEFORE setting up your first unit. So, no soulgrinder/chaoswarrior in a Tzeench alleigeance.

8 minutes ago, kozokus said:

GHB FAQ, second Errata : You must record your army alleigeance BEFORE setting up your first unit. So, no soulgrinder/chaoswarrior in a Tzeench alleigeance.

this is normally the case, but the FAQ has corrected this.

If your army includes any units that are given keywords when they are set up, such as units with a Mark of Chaos, then these must be chosen and written down when the unit is added to the roster. You must record the allegiance abilities for your army when the battle begins, before setting up your first unit. You can choose to take either the allegiance abilities for the allegiance your army belongs to, or the allegiance abilities for the Grand Alliance your army belongs to.

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Errata/Warhammer_aos_generals_handbook_en.pdf

so we can have it

If your army includes any units that are given keywords when they are set up, such as units with a Mark of Chaos, then these must be chosen and written down when the unit is added to the roster. You must record the allegiance abilities for your army when the battle begins, before setting up your first unit. You can choose to take either the allegiance abilities for the allegiance your army belongs to, or the allegiance abilities for the Grand Alliance your army belongs to.

As a practical point - well worth writing down the Marks on the list itself to avoid any confusion (I'm sure it will be pretty obvious most of the time for DoT armies).

So interesting point:

On the WHTV steam yesterday, Rob was interviewing the rules writer for DoT. He was discussing the Battle Trait and gave an example of how it works, stating that if a D6 mortal wound spell was cast, the destiny dice could be used to force that roll to a 5. 

So does this mean that the D3/D6 roll for mortal wound spells count as a damage roll? I'd never considered that that roll would come under the bracket of a 'damage roll', even though it kinda is. 

Thoughts?

28 minutes ago, Moarhammer said:

So interesting point:

On the WHTV steam yesterday, Rob was interviewing the rules writer for DoT. He was discussing the Battle Trait and gave an example of how it works, stating that if a D6 mortal wound spell was cast, the destiny dice could be used to force that roll to a 5. 

So does this mean that the D3/D6 roll for mortal wound spells count as a damage roll? I'd never considered that that roll would come under the bracket of a 'damage roll', even though it kinda is. 

Thoughts?

I can see that. Mortal wounds are essentially just the damage phase as it skips the normal stages. 

How much better are the new bloodthirsters compared to the old ones ?  

I know the Base size is larger than previously but does anyone have any of the rules,  

We might be able to see what sort of increase if any there will be for the new greater daemons of Tzeentch.

Archived