Let's chat Disciples of Tzeentch

Nico

New FAQ:

Page 74 – Battle Traits, Masters of Destiny Change the Damage roll bullet point to: ‘• Damage roll (e.g. any roll that determines a Damage characteristic, but not any roll that determines the number of mortal wounds inflicted by a spell or ability)’

So .... where's the new FAQ update posted?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, misthv said:

Care to elaborate? :)

It now costs points to resummon...so if you summon it anywhere then unsummon it you either need to have more reinforcement points or dont summon it back at all. So if your only going to use it once...you better have a well protected spot picked out lol

2 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Wow..no more balewind for pretty much anybody. If you plan to use it then you better castle up 

What do you mean, I saw no more monsters on top which was expected, was there other changes to the balewind???

1 hour ago, daedalus81 said:

Paradoxical shield just got more interesting. 

‘Re-roll successful save rolls for the bearer. In addition, add 2 to the save rolls for the bearer (after any re-rolls have been taken).’

I saw this however I am an examples based person so not sure if I understand the change.

So as an example, I use the paradoxical shield on the sorcerer on manticore with a natural 4+ save and I'll give him the re-roll saves of 1 which is his inherent ability. So if I have 10 wound saves to make with no rend how do I roll it????

9 minutes ago, Ratso said:

I saw this however I am an examples based person so not sure if I understand the change.

So as an example, I use the paradoxical shield on the sorcerer on manticore with a natural 4+ save and I'll give him the re-roll saves of 1 which is his inherent ability. So if I have 10 wound saves to make with no rend how do I roll it????

You reroll successful saves before the modifier (so 4+ rolls) and 1's and keep the 2-3 results (ie, the 2's and 3's, even though they will eventually be successful, do not get rerolled).  This isn't actually a rule change, it's just a really awkward rule. 

12 minutes ago, decker_cky said:

You reroll successful saves before the modifier (so 4+ rolls) and 1's and keep the 2-3 results (ie, the 2's and 3's, even though they will eventually be successful, do not get rerolled).  This isn't actually a rule change, it's just a really awkward rule. 

Cool thanks, I get it now, much better than the way I have been doing it. So if the attack as -1 rend do I apply the above just at a 5+ instead of a 4+ and keep the 2s, 3s and 4s?

33 minutes ago, Ratso said:

What do you mean, I saw no more monsters on top which was expected, was there other changes to the balewind???

FAQ changed it. You have to pay the points per cast. If you cast it, decide to unsummon it so you can move it somewhere else you have to pay again

3 hours ago, Ratso said:

Cool thanks, I get it now, much better than the way I have been doing it. So if the attack as -1 rend do I apply the above just at a 5+ instead of a 4+ and keep the 2s, 3s and 4s?

You always do rerolls before modifiers and Rend is just another modifier. So with a natural save of 4+ if you are attacked with Rend -1, you keep your 1s, 2s, and 3s while rerolling your 4s, 5s, and 6s. Then you would add 1 to all your dice (+2 -1), and see how many have passed at that point.

9 hours ago, AverageBoss said:

You always do rerolls before modifiers and Rend is just another modifier. So with a natural save of 4+ if you are attacked with Rend -1, you keep your 1s, 2s, and 3s while rerolling your 4s, 5s, and 6s. Then you would add 1 to all your dice (+2 -1), and see how many have passed at that point.

It gets even weirder with the Lord on Daemonic Mount. As he can re-roll all failed saves, its better for you to fail the first "set" of saves so there's more saves that have already been re-rolled so the downside of the shield is diminished.

It pretty much works out the same as before, but now its more counter-intuitive. Fluffy in a way I suppose.

30 minutes ago, Olmdebil said:

Regarding die fatesworn battalione. ..does the -1rend also count for mount ?like horses and manticore? 

You could argue with RAW that this is the case, nothing says otherwise afaik.

But I've got a hunch that it was overlooked, as they are trying to separate rider and mount rulewise.

Archived