Let's chat Disciples of Tzeentch

Nico

9 minutes ago, Nevvermore said:

Those were different models, we're talking about kits. Tzaangor, Arcanites, Tzaangor Skyfires, Shaman, they are all completely new kits. Pretty sure they won't be releasing a Start Collecting with these models for quite a while, like I said I expect 6-12 months.

But the silvaneth release was in June of 2016, and they sre new nodels too in that moment, but Gw put a start collecting the next month....

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Nevvermore said:

Those were different models, we're talking about kits. Tzaangor, Arcanites, Tzaangor Skyfires, Shaman, they are all completely new kits. Pretty sure they won't be releasing a Start Collecting with these models for quite a while, like I said I expect 6-12 months.

I think the tzangor kit is the same as the 40k one, but minus a sprue, so that's been put almost 2 months I think now. 

The way GW have been changing this up lately, I think it's entirely possible to get it sooner. 

Ironjawz was a little shy of 6 months I think. The gruntas and the warchanter were entirely new sculpts. 

Guess we can only wait and see. 

20 x acolytes, 10 tzaangor and ogroid would be a good base for an arcanites box. Something like this would be awesome. 

Hi guys, great forum. Picked up a box of acolytes and Tzaangors today to start my very first AoS army. Any advice on how to arm them? Should I max out on Greatblades for Tzaangors and Shields for Acolytes? Thanks.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, Darsis said:

Hi guys, great forum. Picked up a box of acolytes and Tzaangors today to start my very first AoS army. Any advice on how to arm them? Should I max out on Greatblades for Tzaangors and Shields for Acolytes? Thanks.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Max greatblade, max mutants, the rest shields seems to be the consensus.

Welcome to the party Darsis!

You need to read the Tzaangor Warscroll carefully as it can have a mix of items.  You're going to want 1/5 of your guys using Greatbaldes, 1/5 of your guys with the mutated double head (mutants with 2 hand weapons), plus your musician and standard bearer.  As per the FAQ it seems like you can make your Champion have special equipment, so mine is carrying a Greatblade.  After that, its up to you, the rest can be Shield or x2 Weapons.  The shields will be useful for hopefully eating some wounds, let them die before the others.

At least, I'm pretty sure that's how its been decided they should be run.

Can't comment on the Acoclytes as I've only been paying attention to Tzaangor stuff.

Speaking of which, for my Tzaangor heavy force, I'm thinking 3 Tzaangor Shaman in a Cabal instead of Fatemaster.  Should give me like 6 spells if everything is going well, with a chance at doing 9 in a critical phase if I pop my Vials too.

I have another question, the Fatemaster in the warscroll batallion of the cabal, dont win a attempt to cast spell and can cast it? xD he isn't a wizard, but he win the chance of cast a spell, if you give them the command trait of know two spells, and the warscoll batallion allow him to cast one "extra" spell, you can cast it? xD

9 hours ago, Iradekhorne said:

And another question... Where go the disc of tzeentch profile of the everchosen Gaunt Summoner?? Oo he missed it in the warp?  haha

Anyone know the answer?

also, I know the model is more expensive but I'm curious if anyone else is thinking of using the Magnus model as a Lord of Change.

Tzaangors heavy list idea...

Could drop the battalion and Enlightened for something else but have the extra artefact is nice. Not sure how effective it would be. I figure a block of 30 Tzaangors will straight murder anything they come in contact with in addition to whatever spell help they get.

Screenshot_20170128-144945.jpg

I have a feeling that if you want to take a tzangor heavy list, you will need a one drop list. If you come up against something that can one drop like warrior brotherhood and they shoot off 10 or more tzangor before you buff or give the 30 block inspiring presence you could be losing d6 +5 to battleshock at least. 

Cult of the transient form and not taking any demon might be the only way to deal with things like this. Even then, it's a 50/50 chance. 

Thanks so much for the ideas guys.

I kicked up my collection to 30 Tzaangor, 6 Skyfire, 3 Enlightened, 3 Tzaangor Shaman, Ogroid, LoC, Changeling and 10 Pink Horrors.  I like those suggestions though so I may look at grabbing som emore Tzaangor or Skyfire.  Thanks again!!

@ArkihamI don't think Fatemaster gets to cast spells.  The rules specifically state Wizards can attempt to cast a spell.  Nothing gives him the Wizard keyword.  You can eqiup him with spells, and put him in the Arcanite Cabal but I'd still see him as not having the Wizard keyword.  It is a shame, but I could see some significant push-back on trying to cast with him.

@MiniJunkie Yeah, unless you are generating Tzaangor from an ability you are only going to have 10, and then if you do use an ability you are getting less then 10 but still paying for ten.  Its why I didn't end up getting Silver Tower.

Archived