Let's chat Disciples of Tzeentch

Nico

Just now, Changer said:

Kairos doesn't know every spell though. He knows arcane bolt, mystic shield, and gift of change. He also knows the spells of all other wizards within 18".

Right... so keep your wizards wthin 18"?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Changer said:

So, here's my preliminary list for 2k:

20 Tzaangor - 360

6 Skyfires - 320

3 Enlightened - 160
Tzaangor Coven - 40

10 Pink Horrors - 140
10 Pink Horrors - 140
20 Blue Horrors - 100
10 Brimstone Horrors - 40

Lord of Change - 300
Gaunt Summoner and Familiars - 120
Tzaangor Shaman - 120
Ogroid Thaumaturge - 160

The Tzaangor Coven is quite nice; if the Tzaangors are within 9" of either the skyfires or enlightened at the start of the hero phase they can pile in and attack. If they are within 9" of both they get +1 to wound. Also all beak attacks in the battalion wound on a 4+ instead of a 5+.

looking at the Acolytes, you can get similar shooting and movement, same save and much better bravery from a 40 point unit of blue horrors. With that in mind, I've added the second unit of Pink Horrors for the battleline tax. Ideally I'd try to get casualties on the blue and brimstone horrrors so I could split in matched play. Really looking forward to this becoming an actual army. I've not even looked at the artefacts etc yet!

I am too tired to find it, but I think splitting the horrors into blue horrors is a bit sketchy RAW, because it can be interpreted as the starting unit size being whatever number of blue horrors you deploy... I am not sure what you would take instead, it looks like a solid list. I think Tzaangor Coven is going to be very strong, as are Skyfires with a Shaman. Is Gaunt Summoner with Familiars still valid?

1 minute ago, Deathadder99 said:

I am too tired to find it, but I think splitting the horrors into blue horrors is a bit sketchy RAW, because it can be interpreted as the starting unit size being whatever number of blue horrors you deploy... I am not sure what you would take instead, it looks like a solid list. I think Tzaangor Coven is going to be very strong, as are Skyfires with a Shaman. Is Gaunt Summoner with Familiars still valid?

I'm guessing he's still valid, as the rest of the points from the Silver Tower PDF are still valid.

Im intending to deploy the 20 blue Horrors in a single unit. They'll get replenished from the death of Pink horrors up to the starting limit of 20. The Pink horrors in turn can be depleted either by normal ways of by Treacherous Bond on the Ogroid and then hopefully use a 1 from the destiny dice.

Just now, Changer said:

Yeah that's fine. But don't forget the rule of 1.

Yes, with the rule of 1 in mind, right now my list has:

Magic Offense:
Bolt of Change, 8+ to cast, D6 mortal wounds
Internal Gateway, 7+, potentially huge mortal wounds
Gift of Change, 8+ to cast, D6 mortal wounds
Tzeentch's Firestorm, 9+ to cast, potentially huge mortal wounds
Fireblast, 7+ to cast, D6 mortal wounds

If casting from the big birds, with Mastery of Magic, Beacon of Sorcery and Boon of Tzeentch up, I have a 99% chance to cast 7+ spells and 94% chance to cast 8/9+ spells.  Of course, dispels are a problem, but if my math is correct, you have a 52% chance to roll a 5 or a 6 on 2 dice with the Boon of Tz re-roll. You basically have a 81% chance you're going to either get a 5 or 6, and if you roll a 5 with Beacon of Sorcery, your opponent needs box cars to dispel you (so a 3% chance), and if you roll a 6, you can't be stopped, period.

This is the power of Tz magic boys.

1 minute ago, Changer said:

I'm guessing he's still valid, as the rest of the points from the Silver Tower PDF are still valid.

Im intending to deploy the 20 blue Horrors in a single unit. They'll get replenished from the death of Pink horrors up to the starting limit of 20. The Pink horrors in turn can be depleted either by normal ways of by Treacherous Bond on the Ogroid and then hopefully use a 1 from the destiny dice.

Ah that's cool. Perhaps a Chaos Sorceror could be good instead of the Blue/Brimstones? I am not sure. I'd have to test it all out :). I think you have the makings of a solid list though. Will just be minor tweaks I imagine.

How do the path to glory rewards compare to the vanilla chaos ones?

Can anyone post the mortals/arcanite command traits?

I've got a campaign starting soon and deciding whether to switch from mixed chaos to DoT. Obviously their battle trait is way better, but you lose access to the chaos ralisman artefact... Tough choice...

21 minutes ago, Deathadder99 said:

Ah that's cool. Perhaps a Chaos Sorceror could be good instead of the Blue/Brimstones? I am not sure. I'd have to test it all out :). I think you have the makings of a solid list though. Will just be minor tweaks I imagine.

I'm thinking of the blue and brimstone horrors as bubble wrap from alpha strikes tbh. Plus, they'll be handy for the Pink horrors to split into, or the for the ogroid to cast treacherous bond on.

23 minutes ago, HERO said:

Yes, with the rule of 1 in mind, right now my list has:

Magic Offense:
Bolt of Change, 8+ to cast, D6 mortal wounds
Internal Gateway, 7+, potentially huge mortal wounds
Gift of Change, 8+ to cast, D6 mortal wounds
Tzeentch's Firestorm, 9+ to cast, potentially huge mortal wounds
Fireblast, 7+ to cast, D6 mortal wounds

If casting from the big birds, with Mastery of Magic, Beacon of Sorcery and Boon of Tzeentch up, I have a 99% chance to cast 7+ spells and 94% chance to cast 8/9+ spells.  Of course, dispels are a problem, but if my math is correct, you have a 52% chance to roll a 5 or a 6 on 2 dice with the Boon of Tz re-roll. You basically have a 81% chance you're going to either get a 5 or 6, and if you roll a 5 with Beacon of Sorcery, your opponent needs box cars to dispel you (so a 3% chance), and if you roll a 6, you can't be stopped, period.

This is the power of Tz magic boys.

Sounds great. I can't wait to have a game with them. One question; what is boon of Tzeentch? I can't seem to find that in the book.

36 minutes ago, Changer said:

This is a good idea, and something that hadn't actually ocurred to me :)

They'd be a useful target for the Arcane Sacrificfe command trait as well :)

50 minutes ago, Tizianolol said:

Guys i have a question..do you think can worth play in a 2000 competitive list both LoC and Kairos? Or 600 points are too mutch in this format?:) thx 

You probably could, but do you need to ?

All those points invested in two models, could be better spent spread out and likely achieve more.

So, personally. I'd say no, it's too expensive. But it could be fun.

52 minutes ago, Tizianolol said:

Guys i have a question..do you think can worth play in a 2000 competitive list both LoC and Kairos? Or 600 points are too mutch in this format?:) thx 

I'd say that's way too much. Go with one or the other. They have similar roles anyway. They're really big and vulnerable to shooting.

1 hour ago, Tizianolol said:

Take two more LoCs and go for Omniscient Oracles. If your opponent shoots one off you'll have three more. :D 

Is Cult Demagogue gonna become the must-take command trait for Arcanite forces? Has anyone managed to figure out any particularly nasty trait/artefact/spell combos yet?

Planning to field this list tomorrow, any suggestions?

Leaders
The Blue Scribes (120) Daemonic power: Wellspring of arcane might - reroll any catinng rolls of 1 within 9", Spell - Tzeentch Firestorm
Herald Of Tzeentch on Disc (120) - general, trait: Arch Sorcerer (+2 spells) Daemonic power: Aura of mutability - reroll 1 to wound within 3", Spells: Fold Reality, Bolt of Tzeentch, Arcane Transformation

Battleline
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (140) Spell - Treason of Tzeenctch

10 x Chaos Marauders (60) - Tribal banner, Mark of Tzeentch, Darkwood shields

Units
1 x Exalted Flamers of Tzeentch (120)
1 x Burning Chariots Of Tzeentch (160)

Battalion - Warpflame Host (30 pts) (in each of your hero phases, units within 9 of this battalion units suffer d3 mortal wounds on a roll of 6)
Total: 990/1000

14 minutes ago, Taviscaron said:

Planning to field this list tomorrow, any suggestions?

Leaders
The Blue Scribes (120) Daemonic power: Wellspring of arcane might - reroll any catinng rolls of 1 within 9", Spell - Tzeentch Firestorm
Herald Of Tzeentch on Disc (120) - general, trait: Arch Sorcerer (+2 spells) Daemonic power: Aura of mutability - reroll 1 to wound within 3", Spells: Fold Reality, Bolt of Tzeentch, Arcane Transformation

Battleline
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (140) Spell - Treason of Tzeenctch

10 x Chaos Marauders (60) - Tribal banner, Mark of Tzeentch, Darkwood shields

Units
1 x Burning Chariots Of Tzeentch (160)

Battalion - Warpflame Host (30 pts) (in each of your hero phases, units within 9 of this battalion units suffer d3 mortal wounds on a roll of 6)
Total: 990/1000

What are you gonna be facing? It looks quite good, but Flamers tend to be overcosted imho. 

2 minutes ago, Deathadder99 said:

What are you gonna be facing? It looks quite good, but Flamers tend to be overcosted imho. 

Heavily overcosted if you ask me, but rerolls to wound and potential mortal wounds can do the trick - the list is designed to test several tricks for the new army.

The plan is to go against Chaos dwarves with couple warmachines and against Death army with Mournghoul and skeleton blobs.

1 hour ago, Taviscaron said:

Heavily overcosted if you ask me, but rerolls to wound and potential mortal wounds can do the trick - the list is designed to test several tricks for the new army.

The plan is to go against Chaos dwarves with couple warmachines and against Death army with Mournghoul and skeleton blobs.

Hmmm. That mourngul is going to be a pain for you to break through. Mortal wounds isn't much of a counter to it as it gets the 4+ save vs them, and your units are quite squishy so he'll get the D3 wounds. The skeleton blobs will be more or less ambivalent to whether they are mortal wounds or normal wounds. 

The chaos dwarves should be ok, you'll be able to get to their backline quickly and rip them up. I've not really played vs chaos dorfs so I don't have much experience there. The worry is that their warmachines just destroy your army before you get there.

Archived