The 1k army project, are YOU in?

Darth Alec

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me and my friends do open play mostly so I don't have a set army list but this is what I'm starting the new year painting:

1 x Necromancer
1 x Wight King Baleful
30 x Skeletons (10 done)
5 x Hexwraiths (Done)
6 x Spirit Hosts (3 Done)
1 x Mortis Engine
1 x Mourngul

Should put me well above 1k!

I have always been a slow painter and only finished one unit of knights from my 2,5k+ chaos army in 7th, but now I'm spending more time painting and less time dicking around on the internet so that certainly helps!

Will post a pic of all my finished models as soon as I get the rest of the skellies done.

20170213_210114.jpg

20170124_220942.jpg

Some great armies coming along here. 

After painting up up the new lord of change, I decided to pick up my small tzeentch daemons force that I had abandoned sometime last year and bought a couple of blue horror boxes.The pink horrors were pretty much done and I had base painted the flamers and chariot. Really enjoyed painting these, decided to go for a quick method, could always clean them up a bit at a later date. Put a few more photos in my plog.

IMG_1291.JPG

IMG_1292.JPG

I'm in, Death army on the way! Mostly Deathrattle with Malignant and Soulblight (Vamp lord is so cool).
Biggest challenge so far will be converting the Dark Eldar Archon to be my Vampire. I think I have some good options for a head (and a really bad one, the old khorne berzerker head without helmet) xD 
But what should I exchange the pistol arm/hand with? 
Hopefully I can fit some wings (tyranid gargoyle perhaps) on him too

That banner is so simple and so, so nice.

@Oneyah Wow! Look great. You may feel that they're quick and dirty, but I can garantue you that your opponents will love to see them on the table.

@Centuryslayer Welcome aboard. I might consider reposing the entire army. The crossed-arms pose is cool, but not great with fantasy models. Drop his arm down and give him a hand with a chalice, secondary weapon or something like that. Empire Wizard kit is a gold mine.

So here we are, like I say I'm not 100% happy with this one. I don't think I like the sculpt and I may have half arsed the job because of it. In the interest of getting the army finished I am moving on but I may come back to it eventually. I have a second that I have whip swapped for a chain that I like much better.

P1015881.JPG.1975d02394535c42f862a6e651c332e3.JPGP1015882.JPG.a0036ef3d149f7f6cbc789c5e08fa37a.JPG

So I have a Kholgorath, lord, secrator, 5 warriors and 20 reavers to finish this 1000pts, I think my next step is to do 10 infantry to get some of the bulk out of the way.

3 minutes ago, Soulsmith said:

Nice work, I really like how your bronze has come out.

Thanks...again all army painter. I'd say check them out when you get the chance.

Good to meet you briefly the other day, I was sneaking in to pick up the models when I was technically working so was a bit sheepish.

Quick question for the 1k crew...I'm painting this force to 2k for a tournament, the 2k splits nicely into two 1k forces. Would it be ok to carry on posting here or should I sod off to a Plog after I finish the first 1k?

Will do. I do a lot of painting in store though, so might be problematic :P That may change though with work so will see. Do OG do AP brushes? They aren't perfect but not bad for the price usually.

Haha no worries buddy, kinda ambushed you anyway.

I'm sure it'd be fine, several people are already planning several 1ks. I will be putting my destruction here and in my plog, and will continue here with DoT as well as make a separate plog for them.

Little sidetrack from my Slaanesh stuff, after getting back into Warhammer and painting up the AoS starter set I did start a Wanderers army (and then some ogres). With my new mindset of aiming for small 1000 point forces I've taken another look at the models I painted before and turns out I can make a 1k Wanderers list if I go and buy a box of Eternal Guard.

For now I ordered a load of MDF bases and have started transferring my elves from squares onto rounds. For basing I'm using Stirland Mud texture paint and I love it! So much less hassle than gluing flock and waiting for PVA to dry. I think I'm going to get some little leaves or something to make the bases look a little less bland, particularly on the larger cavalry bases.

So far I've rebased 10 Sisters of the Watch and started on a unit of Sisters of the Thorn (pictures didn't come out amazingly well).

EDIT: Also rebased my spellweaver (painted in an ethereal style, like she's filled with nature magic):

Elves01.jpg

Elves02.jpg

Elves03.jpg

Spellweaver.jpg

Finally finished my first unit of the year (I checked the AoS FAQ, single models can count as a unit)

Was a bit heavy handed with the washes and the highlights were a bit sloppy, but overall happy with the result, he looks good at tabletop distance at least.

Got the first of a unit of knights assembled and primed, ready to go next. They should keep me busy until steamhead.

9f55361470b44a2e1809cc514c7f4ec2.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Archived