The 1k army project, are YOU in?

Darth Alec

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking good soulsmith, any plans for the open?.... Those high elves and flagellants were ace though!

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

I'm planning on doing my arachnarok, I have it undercoated and the legs are finished, the beast is getting airbrushed but the crew I'll do by hand. I'll be in store this week doing them in fact! Does mean my ironjawz are on hold til after the contest. Still have a megaboss, 10 brutes and the ardboyz need finishing. Then into army number two!

I personally wasn't sold on the aelves, though maybe that's the old whfb sculpts being not very dynamic. His Lord last round I thought had me beat. I would have put your bloodbound first, the blending on the bone armour is awesome.

And thanks DynamicCalories, it's how orcs were for me in fantasy so I continued it over. I like using a natural warm palette on them. Next army will be cold though! That's when this 1k is done.

P.s. anyone know how to do the forum tagging people on tapatalk?

@Ademo Thanks buddy, they were a lot of fun to paint and I am looking forward to getting onto the rest, though a break to do everything else for the contest is good. Basing I took advice from the store manager, in that I used a dark rim and grey rocks, and it worked. The rocks need a little bit of work though, basing was done in two hours the morning of the deadline.

@Kisada11 Nah not that I know of, but I don't particularly think they would be jealous of stormcast. I see mine as making their own gear, I really need to write more fluff chapters!

2 hours ago, Soulsmith said:

I personally wasn't sold on the aelves, though maybe that's the old whfb sculpts being not very dynamic. His Lord last round I thought had me beat. I would have put your bloodbound first, the blending on the bone armour is awesome.

Nice of you to say, thanks. I liked both AoS entries but for me, 3rd was more volume over execution. Still mighty impressive to get that number done in a month though.

Please excuse three pics of the same miniature but I just finished Kholgorath number one...I think I messed up my trimming of extra spikes and actually chopped a bit of his/her head off, but it will make it stand out from the other two.P1015878.JPG.9d90335a633de2ea8a5658b48e6e82a2.JPGP1015880.JPG.c576f6be3eda57e1fa567872f513c3d4.JPGP1015879.JPG.013736e0bcbfea6d92ecefcbe65fdb7f.JPG

I'm actually only just using them, I picked up the big.. Get everything set in November when I was thinking of coming back to the hobby.

I have not been a citadel fan since they moved to ****** tops (90s) Vallejo are great but my set I bought in the 90s had seen better days. I love P3 and will eventually get them all but they have some strange tones and miss some much needed. I'm a fan of coat d'arms but fancied dropper bottles.

AP had the new set and they got some stellar reviews.... I'm very happy so far. OG games in town stock some if you fancied trying a couple out.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Alright I might give some a go when I pick up disciples of tzeentch, I lack all pinks, blues, yellows, greys etc I would need. I think Boyes on Goodramgate do them as well, I'll have to compare prices. I know they stock Vallejo including the air range.

Any chance you have a comparison chart or anything similar?

11 hours ago, Callidan said:

@DynamicCalories I like your Lord but I was wondering about your colour choice for the Chaos star on the back of his head. It's a very bright colour. Are you intending it to be more of a tattoo then a branding?

It's supposed to be like a magical chaos mark but the colours has come through really strong, need to tone it down at some point.

Thought i would add in, my first 1k of the year is nearly complete, puss balls and bases to go! 

IMG_8057.JPG.15df0647d744339adcdef0437f597819.JPG

Also my second 1k Army is 2 Frosttheart Phoenixes away from being complete too.

IMG_1423.JPG.6d4a74791656562cb47261c8debfd88f.JPG

After these 2 are done it is onto finishing my Colleigate Arcane and starting (and finishing) my Vanguard army!

Nice work!

What does a 1k Phoenix list look like? Sounds interesting. And what does a Collegiate Arcane list look like?

For myself, the end is finally in sight. Since getting back into Warhammer and painting up the starter set I've started a few armies and painted a lot more than I used to when I was younger (having 2 large armies for each system didn't help motivation at all), I still haven't managed to actually finish painting a complete army list.

However, today I finished the second unit of Seekers and am now only 10 Daemonettes and 5 Warriors away from being done! Nothing radical here, I just followed the list I made while painting the first unit. My display cabinet is looking very purple now.

Seekers2_01.jpg

Seekers2_02.jpg

1 hour ago, swiftmus said:

What does a 1k Phoenix list look like? Sounds interesting. And what does a Collegiate Arcane list look like?

Cheers! 1k of Phoenix temple is 20 Phoenix Guard, 2 Frosties and 1 Annoited on Foot. Colliegate Arcane is actually over 1k as I am painting everything in the faction to fill out the War Council so BattleMage on Griffin, Hurricanum, Luminark and all 8 BattleMages. 

Archived