The 1k army project, are YOU in?

Darth Alec

@Darth Alec Cheers man! I did a different skin for this as opposed to my Lord of Plauges (Rakarth>Flayed One>Screaming Skull>Wych Flesh Highlights) and the large amount of screaming skull leaves it looking very close to the cloth, you're right. I don't have another cloth colour so I am going to go leather, like the boots I think. I just liked the idea of them looking like butcher's aprons, but it just makes them look messy. I do have the apron torso on one of them, so I might go for a different skin tone for him.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/4/2017 at 3:40 PM, Lardidar said:

Thanks, single file out of the tiny realm gate. I'm sure the kholgorath will get wedged!

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

I sooooo didn't think of using those as gates.  I bought 7 copied of Quest back in the day.  It would seem I have lots of gates! 

Great idea,  and great execution.

I announced my plans on this one at the end of 2016. My plan is 1,000 completely painted points in every supported faction. 

This should make it so I can demo or play anyone and not have to mirror match the game  

Beastclaw Raiders

Spiderfang Grots

Khorne Daemons 

Deathlords

Tzeentch

Ironjawz

Bonesplitterz

Nurgle Mortals

Free People

I sooooo didn't think of using those as gates.  I bought 7 copied of Quest back in the day.  It would seem I have lots of gates! 
Great idea,  and great execution.

7 copies... I'd literally kill for one! I'm a little jealous.

Shall update got one more blood warrior done and started the kholgorath. Also glued some objective markers.

Love all the progress! I'm finally on the final stages of the first 5 Chaos Warriors, just got the cloak fur to do but undecided what colour. the armour is grey with white cloaks, using my red spot colour like on the Daemonettes for the gloves, belts and boots. Overall with the green/blue bases they are quite cold looking so I'm thinking a dark neutral colour will work best, possilby a brown. 

Hi all! I'm new here, but I want to pledge a 1000 points of free people. Likely a state troop detachment.

Something like this.

1 general

20 freeguild guard halberds

10 Freeguild guards (something)

20 handgunners

10 Freeguild Greatswords

1 cannon.

I have got to put my once empire army on round bases. All is unpainted to.

Ok so Elephant in the room I'm a really slow painter. Got these two done. Working on the musician right now. Sorry I couldn't take a picture of the back of the guy with shield glue is still drying on the base.
FirstTwoRotters.JPG.c82e2401cebab96a0e6dd0cd8a7cc490.JPG

Lovely job, they are great.

I'm definitely up for this. Going to try and build up several 'path to glory' style forces to add to my growing sigmar collection across all alliances. Going to start with beastclaw and ironjawz having already made a start with these.

Archived